First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
So back in July I tried putting an order in for a basesquatch. I printed out my build and took it to a local dealer. The manager kind of brushed me off and said go see that salesman over there. I spoke to the guy and showed him my build out print and he says, ok great that's all we need you're good to go. I'm like what about a signed contract or a deposit? He says no we don't need any of that, it will be at MSRP and we'll call you when it's in. I left there scratching my head but thought ok maybe that's how it goes. Well about a month later I tried calling and texting my sales guy asking about any updates, and no response ever. Let me also point out that I didn't have a reservation so I had no way of tracking this on my own. It was at that point that I felt I've been played by this dealer. They put in an order using my name but clearly have no intention of selling it to me at MSRP. I decided once the order banks open for MY22 I would put in a new order with a different dealer, which is what I did at the end of October. I also changed my build to a black diamond non sas in a different color. Well, my black diamond got scheduled for the week of January 24th which I am super excited about. But then last night out of nowhere the original dealer with the basesquatch order calls me and leaves a voicemail saying my Bronco is here! I'm like WTF?! What do I do now? The truck I really want will be built in 2 months but this one is here now. I'm sure this dealer would love it if I let the basesquatch go, but I'm honestly not sure what to do.
Sponsored

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
if he sells at msrp, take it or let me know - I will jump in for you!

OP
OP
Squatchn'

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just take the one that's available and sell it to Vroom. They offered me $57,000 for my base Sasquatch four-door. Sticker was 40,700

Ford Bronco Need some advice Screenshot_20211201-072007
Someone told me recently that Vroom pulls the ole bait and switch. They show you a high offer to reel you in and then once you move along in the process they change it to a lower amount just before you close the deal. Did you actually wind up selling yours to Vroom at that amount?

Sponsored

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Someone told me recently that Vroom pulls the ole bait and switch. They show you a high offer to reel you in and then once you move along in the process they change it to a lower amount just before you close the deal. Did you actually wind up selling yours to Vroom at that amount?
Nope. Just got the quote for giggles

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take the bird (Bronco) in the hand! You can’t go wrong. What’s the worry, you’ll be able to flip either one you want for profit.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

…………while the rest of us sit here waiting on orders placed in January with reservations in first 24hrs.
Some “customers“ are as much to blame as is FOMOCO for a screwed up system.

OP
OP
Squatchn'

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok guys, I'm convinced. Gonna head to the dealer today to look it over. I was blindsided by this so I need to move some money around before I can actually buy it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Squatchn'

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
…………while the rest of us sit here waiting on orders placed in January with reservations in first 24hrs.
Some “customers“ are as much to blame as is FOMOCO for a screwed up system.
I definitely understand your frustration, but due to both of my orders coming in quickly I can tell you that SAS is not a constraint. Looks like if you want yours quickly it has to be 4 door, soft top, no tow, and with a 2.3L engine. It doesn't seem to matter what trim level you get as long as you avoid hard top, tow and 2.7L.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I definitely understand your frustration, but due to both of my orders coming in quickly I can tell you that SAS is not a constraint. Looks like if you want yours quickly it has to be 4 door, soft top, no tow, and with a 2.3L engine. It doesn't seem to matter what trim level you get as long as you avoid hard top, tow and 2.7L.
…….any blame to be claimed for not accepting the good intentions of your first dealer?

OP
OP
Squatchn'

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
…….any blame to be claimed for not accepting the good intentions of your first dealer?
Sure, blame me all you want for being salty. The first dealer refused to take a deposit or provide anything in writing, plus I tried multiple times to reach out to my salesman who ghosted me and never replied once. But yea, I'm the bad guy.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If once he gets to the dealer for the Base and they inform him they want $10K over sticker, he will be instantaneously waiting for the BD. The cart is in front of the Bronco at this juncture. Go find out the Base price, then plot.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure, blame me all you want for being salty. The first dealer refused to take a deposit or provide anything in writing, plus I tried multiple times to reach out to my salesman who ghosted me and never replied once. But yea, I'm the bad guy.
“salty”?…..huh?
“bad guy”?…..well, you’re the guy who got yourself into this situation, then came here for advice (…and ? commissuration) - there is blame to be accepted IMHO.
Sponsored