First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Out of nowhere, I started getting repeated trailer brake system failure and front camera disabled warnings on my ‘22 BD with 8,000 miles.

I pulled over and found that the negative battery terminal was loose - in fact, the tightening nut was at the extreme end of the bolt - like it was never tightened at the factory!

Build date was April 1, so I’ve been waiting for something like this to happen. I’m surprised that I made it this far without a problem.
Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would think that your dealer should have caught that. They should have gone over the Bronco before delivery. Of course Ford should have gotten it right in the first place, but still...

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After 8,000 Miles, it might be safe to say that the nut naturally backed off due to NVH. Although, the fact it was never tight to begin with is an oversight by QC at Factory and Dealer levels. Snugging electrical connections hasn’t been Fords strong point as of late

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
. Snugging electrical connections hasn’t been Fords strong point as of late
Lol, that's Ford's way of saying "Welcome to Ford! "

Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That issue can be hard to find once your bronco leaves the operator that tightens the cable. All the testing is current based and if the cable is making good contact with the battery loose the tester won’t see anything. Also any repair requiring the battery to be disconnected is an opportunity for the repairman to forget to retighten. If you bronco was on dirt mountain the battery may have been disconnected, it’s standard practice for vehicles sitting for long periods to disconnect the batteries and over fill the tires.

OP
OP

Irideducs

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That issue can be hard to find once your bronco leaves the operator that tightens the cable. All the testing is current based and if the cable is making good contact with the battery loose the tester won’t see anything. Also any repair requiring the battery to be disconnected is an opportunity for the repairman to forget to retighten. If you bronco was on dirt mountain the battery may have been disconnected, it’s standard practice for vehicles sitting for long periods to disconnect the batteries and over fill the tires.
Mine was on dirt mountain for two months waiting for transport. Makes sense that they removed the cable, but I have to say that the nut, backed all the way off to the very beginning of the bolt, looked untouched and directly from the parts bin. I don’t think it backed off from mileage, but will keep an eye on it.

I was just glad to have it fixed in 3 minutes. There are other threads about electrical gremlins from improperly seated connectors behind the dash.

As a PSA, I did also find that most of the fuses were not fully seated. The olds grounding the fuse box were tight, however.
Sponsored