Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone wired one up the way instructions were intending, to the two aux switches.
If so, are the wires long enough to wire it all in the 2-aux switch method. If not, should I get some additional wire and what gauge and colors should I get to complete the installation.
They’re barely long enough. If you look at my previous post, you can see the red and yellow wire going to my aux wiring. The black ground fit on the right most screw.
Sponsored

OuterBankSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good video showing how to wire into Aux switches. I’m planning to solder my connections vs crimp but that’s just personal preference.

CC1999

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2021 RAM TRX, 2023 GMC Denali HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you will find that the OP wired his that way. Watch his video. He needed to extend the clear and amber light wires to the AUX wires at the firewall. I think he connected the ground wire at or near the battery.
Thanks,
I probably need to watch his video again; it has been a while.
I was for some reason thinking he had already had a different set of lights installed on his Bronco and since he was swapping those out for these, I thought he said reused some of the wiring from that prior kit he had on his Bronco.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would it be possible to tap into the headlight wiring, so that they come on when the headlights do? I don't plan on running the amber lights anyway and my wife will hate turn the aux switch on and off.
Technically, yeah... But I wouldn't want the extra draw coming thru the factory headlight harnesses. Whether or not they can handle the load would be my concern.
You could use a relay to trigger them off the headlights and power then separately.
If you have auto headlights, I THINK if you leave them in auto, and you ran your fog lights the last time you drove, they factory fogs will come on automatically with the headlights. If not, I'm pretty sure there is a ForScan option somewhere.
Wire them into the factory fogs 👍🏻

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would any of the aux switches work for these fog lights? Seems like they would based on the rating but there always seems to be some disagreement when it comes to aux switch capacities. I'd like to use the lower amp switches like 3-6 to save 1 & 2 for bigger projects.

Sponsored

OuterBankSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Would any of the aux switches work for these fog lights? Seems like they would based on the rating but there always seems to be some disagreement when it comes to aux switch capacities. I'd like to use the lower amp switches like 3-6 to save 1 & 2 for bigger projects.
Any will work and incredibly easy to switch between switches later also, just one wire. I’m planning to populate these on 1 for now and then just move them around as I add more items later.

chaosrob

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
received mine yesterday and installed today. I like them. Something of note, when you install the side bolt that secures the housing you may wish to put a thin washer between the bumper and the housing so it does not stress the housing and pull it out of shape

Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper IMG_4321
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper IMG_4322
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper IMG_4323

ToddGreen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am disappointed that Mabett priced his double what the other companies priced theirs. You know they are the exact same one, made by the exact same company. I guess I'll order from 21 offroad.
Are we sure the 21 Off-road lights are the same as the Mabett lights on Amazon? How could the prices be so different (double)?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am disappointed that Mabett priced his double what the other companies priced theirs. You know they are the exact same one, made by the exact same company. I guess I'll order from 21 offroad.
Link to these 21 Offroad lights for half the price?

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are we sure the 21 Off-road lights are the same as the Mabett lights on Amazon? How could the prices be so different (double)?
They are the same lights, but Mabett products are usually priced a little higher on Amazon before he creates an official post about them so there's a good chance they'll drop in price, especially with the initial deal he usually offers in his post. I don't know if they'll drop down to $200, but I don't think they'll be $400.

Sponsored

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had the white to AUX 2 and amber to AUX 3. White worked, amber didn't. Switched amber to AUX 1, worked fine. Which seems weird, as 10a should be enough on AUX 3. AUX 1 is 30a. I'll play around more with it later, just wanted it done tonight.
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper 20230404_163707
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper 20230404_191848
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper 20230404_192012
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper 20230404_192058
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper 20230404_195314
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper 20230404_195348
But anyway, here are some install pics.

Had a ton of wire left between the two lights as can be seen on the ground. Added extra wire to reach to the AUX wires on drivers side hood area. I don't understand why they made them so short.

Kinda hard to make out, ditch lights and push bar lights washed everything out. To recap, white on AUX 2, amber on AUX 1.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the white to AUX 2 and amber to AUX 3. White worked, amber didn't. Switched amber to AUX 1, worked fine. Which seems weird, as 10a should be enough on AUX 3. AUX 1 is 30a. I'll play around more with it later, just wanted it done tonight.
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper 20230404_195348
But anyway, here are some install pics.

Had a ton of wire left between the two lights as can be seen on the ground. Added extra wire to reach to the AUX wires on drivers side hood area. I don't understand why they made them so short.

Kinda hard to make out, ditch lights and push bar lights washed everything out. To recap, white on AUX 2, amber on AUX 1.
Looks a great, especially with the amber DRLs. Thank you!

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know my question got skipped over before but to get the switch would you need the dual fog light buttons
to use for these lights . My thoughts are instead of using the rear fog could you use the top switch for white and the bottom for amber? I don’t have factory aux switches so i would need to activate with forescan
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper ECB0E15B-0091-4AAD-AD2E-2D60CB2074C4

Last edited:

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
They are the same lights, but Mabett products are usually priced a little higher on Amazon before he creates an official post about them so there's a good chance they'll drop in price, especially with the initial deal he usually offers in his post. I don't know if they'll drop down to $200, but I don't think they'll be $400.
It's worthy to note that the amazon seller isn't Mabett yet either.. his FB group has gone quiet, so I went ahead and bought them from 21offroad (which ultimately looks like stickerfab.. which we all know & trust). I doubt the mabett ones will fall below $200 either

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's worthy to note that the amazon seller isn't Mabett yet either.. his FB group has gone quiet, so I went ahead and bought them from 21offroad (which ultimately looks like stickerfab.. which we all know & trust). I doubt the mabett ones will fall below $200 either
I messaged Mabett yesterday and he said his post will go up within a day or two so I guess we'll find out soon. I'm not sure what to expect though
Sponsored