First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So here is what I did, I ran white to the fog light switch, and amber to auxiliary. To get both lights, you will intercept at the Y splitter for both Right and Left lights, you will split the ground coming from the light harness, one will go to factory fog light harness (black/green on both sides), the red wire (for white lights) will go to factory fog light harness on both Right and Left locations, the other, yellow wire will continue up to your Auxiliary switch from both sides, you will ground to the battery location, and you can connect just the yellow wire to the auxiliary switch 6 location. I would by the pig tails for splitting if you are uncomfortable make them.

Program with ForScan as documented and you will end up with White on fog by pressing the button, and when you flip aux switch 6 it will be amber. Amber will always take precedence if you keep the fog light switch on too. If you turn off aux 6, fog light switch still on, it will be white.
IMG_0686.jpeg
70423459363__5922159A-5E92-4C77-A919-F8DB4A16A5FA.jpeg
IMG_0263.jpeg
IMG_0262.jpeg
Thank you for this…quick, easy reference for when I Install mine.
Sponsored

gregd121

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger Scat Pack WB Shaker ; Tesla M3P
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So torn on these lights. They look good but I don’t care for the full plastic insert you see. The ridgid ones are just too dang expensive though. Sales have to be coming one day
You could always give them a shot and if you don't like them, sell them on the forum. For $200 its worth a go, IMO.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMG_7716.jpeg

For those who are experienced, does that sound right?
Check your ground -- In your first photo, it looks like your ground wire is the middle wire on the 3-wire connector, on the harness that you made (red, black, yellow). But the ground wire on Mabett's 3-wire connector is on the far side of the connector, not in the middle. If, on your harness, you're using the red wire as your ground and the black wire as your red, just to connect to Mabett's 3-wire connector, you should be good to go.

I could not find a 3-wire connector that has the same color wiring, in the same arrangement, as Mabett's connector (black-red-yellow). The Dorman brand 3-wire connector that I bought was black-red-black, so one of the black wires connects to the yellow wire on Mabett's connector. The one you bought is red-black-yellow, which is fine, but you need to make sure the ground from the vehicle harness goes to the ground on the fog lights.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check your ground -- In your first photo, it looks like your ground wire is the middle wire on the 3-wire connector, on the harness that you made (red, black, yellow). But the ground wire on Mabett's 3-wire connector is on the far side of the connector, not in the middle. If, on your harness, you're using the red wire as your ground and the black wire as your red, just to connect to Mabett's 3-wire connector, you should be good to go.

I could not find a 3-wire connector that has the same color wiring, in the same arrangement, as Mabett's connector (black-red-yellow). The Dorman brand 3-wire connector that I bought was black-red-black, so one of the black wires connects to the yellow wire on Mabett's connector. The one you bought is red-black-yellow, which is fine, but you need to make sure the ground from the vehicle harness goes to the ground on the fog lights.
Omggggg thank you 🙏🏼 much. I didnt notice that on the mabett fog light side, ordering is black-yellow-red (ground-amber light-white light). On the doorman set (i got from amazon) the colors are in a different order (red-black-yellow). I thought the ordering was standard. Thank you.

Ill correct this, this evening, and update with new photos as to not mislead others. Thank you again!!!

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Omggggg thank you 🙏🏼 much. I didnt notice that on the mabett fog light side, ordering is black-yellow-red (ground-amber light-white light). On the doorman set (i got from amazon) the colors are in a different order (red-black-yellow). I thought the ordering was standard. Thank you.

Ill correct this, this evening, and update with new photos as to not mislead others. Thank you again!!!
No problem. There's no "standard" order of the wiring color in a connector. So, you need to be sure to trace the factory black/green ground wire all the way to the black ground wiring on the fogs. Same goes for whatever wiring you're using to power the amber or white lights of course.

The "best" would be to make your own 3-wire pigtail with the correct color wiring to match Mabett's wiring, but you don't need to, so long as you're careful not to put power to ground.

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No problem. There's no "standard" order of the wiring color in a connector. So, you need to be sure to trace the factory black/green ground wire all the way to the black ground wiring on the fogs. Same goes for whatever wiring you're using to power the amber or white lights of course.

The "best" would be to make your own 3-wire pigtail with the correct color wiring to match Mabett's wiring, but you don't need to, so long as you're careful not to put power to ground.
Question that I have been unsure about: because im using the factory harness, which has the white light (red cable) and ground (black cable), do I need to have a second ground running up with the amber light (yellow cable) that goes to the aux switches? I thought the ground going to the factory harness would be fine (a single ground) or do I in fact need to run an additional ground for the amber light? The original harness from mabett only had one ground.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question that I have been unsure about: because im using the factory harness, which has the white light (red cable) and ground (black cable), do I need to have a second ground running up with the amber light (yellow cable) that goes to the aux switches? I thought the ground going to the factory harness would be fine (a single ground) or do I in fact need to run an additional ground for the amber light? The original harness from mabett only had one ground.
Both color lights will be grounded through your factory harness wire.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you 🙏🏼. Ill make the correction you provided on my mixed up cables and then should be good to start plugging in. Once again…thank you for the correction/review (on my mixed up ground) and for the guidance on the single vs dual ground.

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is the way.

I split the ground after the y connector one to battery with amber, and one to factory harness when it should have just needed the one ground connection at factory harness. extra work now that I think about it. this was because I ran to aux first and installed factory fog light switch later.

Do 1 ground and save time.

TullyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang, 02 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got mine installed yesterday when the weather was nice! Love the look.

If anyone was wondering; they are not super bright. That is not anything that bothers me as I just needed fogs and not super bright pod lights

Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper IMG_1474
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper IMG_1475

Sponsored

ToddGreen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got mine installed yesterday when the weather was nice! Love the look.

If anyone was wondering; they are not super bright. That is not anything that bothers me as I just needed fogs and not super bright pod lights

Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper Ra
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper Ra
Very nice. And those D-ring shackles look great. Which ones are those?

Thanks.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got mine in!!!! I still have to complete Forscan to turn on the fog light switch (for the white light) but the ambers are routed to Aux 3 and I am really liking these. I might run these in amber most of the time. It really goes well with Velocity Blue.

I was extremely hesitant before putting them in. But once I had one side in and took a few steps back...I was in!!! These are allot better than I thought. Truly blown away. I am really big on keeping the OEM look and these do that perfectly. For $200...this is the best mod I have done so far. and to think I was going to sell these (before putting them on) and spend $1k+ on a rigid kit. SO HAPPY I DIDNT.

The hardest part was fishing the harness into place and then cable management so everything was tucked (zip tied) nicely away. I did have to run to Home Depot in the middle of it to grabe a T40 wrench bit. I was able to get one side off with a T40 screwdriver. But the other side (passenger) I could not do by hand and had to use a wrench.

Next project will be bumper lights...not sure if I'll do KC or Rigid, but narrowed it down to them.

The Harness:
This is the final harness that I ended up making. It's a combination of the mabett harness and a part that I made to connect to the fog light cable.
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper IMG_7872

Before:
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper IMG_7865

After:
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper IMG_7874

Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper IMG_7878

Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper IMG_7880

Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper IMG_7882

How they came out of the box. Was basically spot on. These are balanced lights. I did make a slight adjustment to raise the right side (by the pipes).
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper IMG_7883

Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper IMG_7887

TullyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang, 02 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks! They aren’t anything too nice. Mostly aesthetic. I’m not sure off road capabilities
But here is the link of you are interested!

AYMMIC 3/4" D Ring Shackles,7/8"...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09TSGCWLH?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
One note on the shackles you choose. If they are just for looks go for any you like. When I did the Bronco Roadeo, our instructor warned about shackles not being up to snuff causing more harm in recovery situations. Just make sure it’s got a rated weight handling specification that you can trust has been tested. This is hard to know with off brand names.
Sponsored