Sponsored

New Bestop trek top EBay - to good to be true?

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wld '22 - 23 SQ8 AUDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Loosen the bolts, and adjust the striker plate until it mates perfectly with the latch. You also have to operate the latch correctly, quick slap and release like this.

For the wind noise, are your tension cables on each side tight? Ive seen some say theirs were broken.

Sponsored

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My latch snaps back just like that, except on the right side... but...does not go back into latch mode without some strong assistance. I will try your approach this afternoon & I appreciate you going to the trouble to show me this easy latch of yours. My left latch works with the assistance of washers installed.
But I have no idea where the cables are at the rear to tighten... if possible?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Headliner wind noise, latches that won't unlatch... flapping top... Bestop offered some fixes, one didn't work (latch) and the other too confusing to understand what in the world they meant. Great looking top, made well but as witn some things there is always a something.
Hold down a bit on the top when you work the latch. There is a cutout for your hand.

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had issues with my Sunrider not unlatching, same latch design, same company. Simple fix was that they do not drop enough to unlatch unless you lower the sun visor a bit. Felt like an idiot once I saw how easy it was after struggling. Try this before adjusting any brackets. They will also get a little easier to operate after the material stretches a bit.
Always lowered the sun visor, was not in the way. And the top is relaxed especially in this heat we're having... weeks of 100+.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My latch snaps back just like that, except on the right side... but...does not go back into latch mode without some strong assistance. I will try your approach this afternoon & I appreciate you going to the trouble to show me this easy latch of yours. My left latch works with the assistance of washers installed.
But I have no idea where the cables are at the rear to tighten... if possible?
The cables Im referring to run down the very edge on each side. There is a "pocket" or "channel" sewn into each side that the steel tension cable runs through. This keeps the fabric very very tight along the edge, you should not be able to stick a finger between the fabric and bronco. There is no adjustment to this cable, but check how tight it is, could have something broken or not installed correctly.

Sponsored

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The cables Im referring to run down the very edge on each side. There is a "pocket" or "channel" sewn into each side that the steel tension cable runs through. This keeps the fabric very very tight along the edge, you should not be able to stick a finger between the fabric and bronco. There is no adjustment to this cable, but check how tight it is, could have something broken or not installed correctly.
Thank you.... will look at it later afternoon and let you know. I see next to the screw that holds the latch, a cable end on the left side of the left latch and right side of the other. Does that have anything to do with the cable you're talking about?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes that is the tension cable. It connects in front to the latch area, and in the rear to one of the mounting brackets around the c pillar.

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes that is the tension cable. It connects in front to the latch area, and in the rear to one of the mounting brackets around the c pillar.
C pillar?

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OH. lol. I'll go huntin.
Did you install the Trektop yourself? Here is the part of manual that shows where you were to connect the cable at the rear.

Ford Bronco New Bestop trek top EBay - to good to be true? 1692734324548

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you install the Trektop yourself? Here is the part of manual that shows where you were to connect the cable at the rear.

Ford Bronco New Bestop trek top EBay - to good to be true? 1692734324548
No I didn't... used their (Bestop) approved (?) installer. I do have the manual and will look. Thank you.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very surprised! My twill top is relatively very quiet. Way more quieter than the stock top. No issues with latches either, but then again, I haven’t taken it off.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had to drill extra holes .5 inch back to get my cable to get tight.
Sponsored