Sponsored

New Bestop trek top EBay - to good to be true?

swaing

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Still, more than 1k off msrp
I get that, but when it dries out and begins to crack from extreme temp changes, it won't seem like such a great deal. Just my humble opinion.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve seen some crazy deals. This may be a good one. But you better get pics and chat with seller to verify.

Sponsored

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You don’t want the vinyl one! They could pay you to take it. It will be stretched, cracked, loose, ruined in a matter of months. The top will flop around so much, you won’t hear music or be able to talk on the phone. Know owners that have them.

If you want a Bestop, spend the money and get the twill material. Black Friday will be here soon enough. That’s what I did a year ago.

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wld '22 - 23 SQ8 AUDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the original OEM soft top For Sale.... at a great unbeatable price too!.... I put on a new Bestop slant back... looks great but comes with some weird issues. (attempting to work them out now).

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the original OEM soft top For Sale.... at a great unbeatable price too!.... I put on a new Bestop slant back... looks great but comes with some weird issues. (attempting to work them out now).
What weird issues?

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What weird issues?
Headliner wind noise, latches that won't unlatch... flapping top... Bestop offered some fixes, one didn't work (latch) and the other too confusing to understand what in the world they meant. Great looking top, made well but as witn some things there is always a something.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Headliner wind noise, latches that won't unlatch... flapping top... Bestop offered some fixes, one didn't work (latch) and the other too confusing to understand what in the world they meant. Great looking top, made well but as witn some things there is always a something.
Do you have the vinyl or the twill?

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For the latches, you need to adjust the latch plates bolted to the top of Bronco. They have some play, and the Bestop tops have very tight tolerances, much more so than the OEM tops. Sorry cant help with your other issues my Trektop does not exibit those.

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For the latches, you need to adjust the latch plates bolted to the top of Bronco. They have some play, and the Bestop tops have very tight tolerances, much more so than the OEM tops. Sorry cant help with your other issues my Trektop does not exibit those.
Adjust how? They suggested putting washers between the headliner and bracket. Only made the wind noise much much louder but the latch unlocked just fine.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Adjust how? They suggested putting washers between the headliner and bracket. Only made the wind noise much much louder but the latch unlocked just fine.
Loosen the bolts, and adjust the striker plate until it mates perfectly with the latch. You also have to operate the latch correctly, quick slap and release like this.

For the wind noise, are your tension cables on each side tight? Ive seen some say theirs were broken.

Sponsored