William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

LOL the dealer checked the engine and I did again. Thankfully nobody's lunch box was in there but it's odd because I can only hear the sound from the inside. The engine itself sounds exactly how a 2.3 sounds
That's good ... to me, the sound was more chirping so maybe it's some plastic pieces inside rubbing together. Either way ... good luck!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just picked up my new Heritage Edition last week and so far it’s been driving great with no issues. Couple of days ago, I was sitting in the car after I got from work and I noticed a weird faint rotating/chirping noise coming from what seems to be behind the bake pedal. I thought it might be a belt or something but I once I opened up the hood, I couldn’t hear the noise. Seems like it can only be heard from the inside while it’s sitting on idle. I took it to the dealership yesterday and they ensured me that nothing is loose and that it’s just the way the car sounds. I just wanted to see if someone else had experienced something similar? This is all I can think about every time I get in the car and I’d rather not have techs tear up through the car already if it’s just a normal noise

Good afternoon. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this noise concern on my end? Thank you!

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ya know, it's a known fact the 2.3 (especially manual) has been proven to rattle or even grind. We have a new owner noticing this. I too was pissed when I noticed this below 40 degrees. Now we have posters basically saying a Ford production/quality control issue is AOK. GMAFB.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TXBronco1313

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ford asked for your VIN. Your prayers have been answered. 😉
With all honesty I just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issue but if Ford wants to help then by all means lol

OP
OP
TXBronco1313

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ya know, it's a known fact the 2.3 (especially manual) has been proven to rattle or even grind. We have a new owner noticing this. I too was pissed when I noticed this below 40 degrees. Now we have posters basically saying a Ford production/quality control issue is AOK. GMAFB.
I see I mean it’s disappointing to have to experience weird rattles coming from a brand new truck with a decent sticker price but I guess I’ll deal with it as long as it’s considered “normal behavior” for a 2.3

Sponsored

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've never been a big believer in additives in the past. But, as my BMW got more and more miles, I started hearing from fellow BMW owners - mostly M3, M5, X5M, etc owners with the slightly more tempermental engines - that this stuff worked amazing. Definitely makes the engine run smoother and quieter.

It's inexpensive so I tried it in my X5 as well as my Bronco 2.7, and now I even add a little bit each tim I change my oil in my John Deere diesel tractor engine. It really does work great.

I don't even use a full bottle with each oil change, I started out with a half bottle. In the future I'll use a full bottle through - seeing as how it works so good with even just 1/2 bottle.

Ford Bronco New Bronco 2.3 weird rattle/rotating noise when idling 1709909682176

Skip176

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just picked up my new Heritage Edition last week and so far it’s been driving great with no issues. Couple of days ago, I was sitting in the car after I got from work and I noticed a weird faint rotating/chirping noise coming from what seems to be behind the bake pedal. I thought it might be a belt or something but I once I opened up the hood, I couldn’t hear the noise. Seems like it can only be heard from the inside while it’s sitting on idle. I took it to the dealership yesterday and they ensured me that nothing is loose and that it’s just the way the car sounds. I just wanted to see if someone else had experienced something similar? This is all I can think about every time I get in the car and I’d rather not have techs tear up through the car already if it’s just a normal noise

Yes my 2.3 sounds like chitty chitty bang bang lol was told it would and I have those same noises but runs and performs fine . “ Normal” according to ford. And still love it

MNBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 2.3 sounds like '74 Pinto with 100k miles.....

OP
OP
TXBronco1313

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I've never been a big believer in additives in the past. But, as my BMW got more and more miles, I started hearing from fellow BMW owners - mostly M3, M5, X5M, etc owners with the slightly more tempermental engines - that this stuff worked amazing. Definitely makes the engine run smoother and quieter.

It's inexpensive so I tried it in my X5 as well as my Bronco 2.7, and now I even add a little bit each tim I change my oil in my John Deere diesel tractor engine. It really does work great.

I don't even use a full bottle with each oil change, I started out with a half bottle. In the future I'll use a full bottle through - seeing as how it works so good with even just 1/2 bottle.

Ford Bronco New Bronco 2.3 weird rattle/rotating noise when idling 1709909682176
Thanks so much for the suggestion! I was planning to do my first oil change at 2,500 miles I just added this to my Amazon cart 🙌🏼

OP
OP
TXBronco1313

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yes my 2.3 sounds like chitty chitty bang bang lol was told it would and I have those same noises but runs and performs fine . “ Normal” according to ford. And still love it
LOL okay now I'm starting to feel a little better. It runs great so far but that noise had me a little curious. I really love my new Bronco and I don't want this to ruin the experience
Sponsored