Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Just picked up my new Heritage Edition last week and so far it’s been driving great with no issues. Couple of days ago, I was sitting in the car after I got from work and I noticed a weird faint rotating/chirping noise coming from what seems to be behind the bake pedal. I thought it might be a belt or something but I once I opened up the hood, I couldn’t hear the noise. Seems like it can only be heard from the inside while it’s sitting on idle. I took it to the dealership yesterday and they ensured me that nothing is loose and that it’s just the way the car sounds. I just wanted to see if someone else had experienced something similar? This is all I can think about every time I get in the car and I’d rather not have techs tear up through the car already if it’s just a normal noise

Sponsored

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 2.3 makes more noise on cold days, below 40 or so, not a real fan of the sound of the little engine, but it performs fine for me and has been problem free for a year.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've heard some of that is wastegate rattle and is "normal". It sounds like a sewing machine and I haven't thought too much of it.

Yeah, I wish it growled like the Coyote did, but ... ces't le vie.

OP
OP
TXBronco1313

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My 2.3 makes more noise on cold days, below 40 or so, not a real fan of the sound of the little engine, but it performs fine for me and has been problem free for a year.
I was warned that a 2.3 sounds like a terrible which it does lol but I wasn't sure if this rattle was a part of the experience but I guess it is.. So far it's been driving great with zero issues whatsoever and if it's just a normal noise I can live with it rather than have the dealership tear through a brand new car

Sponsored
OP
OP
TXBronco1313

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I've heard some of that is wastegate rattle and is "normal". It sounds like a sewing machine and I haven't thought too much of it.

Yeah, I wish it growled like the Coyote did, but ... ces't le vie.
A rattle is exactly what this is! Guess I just need to turn the radio volume up more often lol

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Auto or Manual?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2.3L is the worst sounding engine I've ever owned, lol. But it has plenty of power for my use, and I like the manual transmission that came with it. Hopefully regardless of noise it stands the test of time.

Maybe some insulation under the hood or on the floor pans would reduce the sound entering the cabin, my Bronco version has no under hood insulation.

OP
OP
TXBronco1313

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My 2.3L is the worst sounding engine I've ever owned, lol. But it has plenty of power for my use, and I like the manual transmission that came with it. Hopefully regardless of noise it stands the test of time.

Maybe some insulation under the hood or on the floor pans would reduce the sound entering the cabin, my Bronco version has no under hood insulation.
So I'm guessing that's just a normal sound?

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'll take a listen to mine when I get out of work but outside of the chirping sound it sounds normal to me. The 2.3 isn't quiet and we HE's get the factory underhood insulation, I figured yours was auto from the video but didn't sound like the dreaded manual trans rattle.

Have you gone thru the engine bay to make sure all is tight and nothing rubbing anything? Ford and quality aren't necessary synonymous so it could be someones lunch box jammed in there for all we know! ;)

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, for me it's mostly the clicking and ticking of the engine, especially when first warming up. It seems a noisy engine by design with the injectors and all.

I listened again to your audio clip, this time with headphones, and can hear that sort of piano key pinging sound? I'll have a listen to my Bronco later in the day, and see if it makes same sound.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe your Bronco doesn't like being called a car. LOL

OP
OP
TXBronco1313

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'll take a listen to mine when I get out of work but outside of the chirping sound it sounds normal to me. The 2.3 isn't quiet and we HE's get the factory underhood insulation, I figured yours was auto from the video but didn't sound like the dreaded manual trans rattle.

Have you gone thru the engine bay to make sure all is tight and nothing rubbing anything? Ford and quality aren't necessary synonymous so it could be someones lunch box jammed in there for all we know! ;)
LOL the dealer checked the engine and I did again. Thankfully nobody's lunch box was in there but it's odd because I can only hear the sound from the inside. The engine itself sounds exactly how a 2.3 sounds

OP
OP
TXBronco1313

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Well, for me it's mostly the clicking and ticking of the engine, especially when first warming up. It seems a noisy engine by design with the injectors and all.

I listened again to your audio clip, this time with headphones, and can hear that sort of piano key pinging sound? I'll have a listen to my Bronco later in the day, and see if it makes same sound.
Yeah it's that faint pinging sound. From the feedback I got from the dealer, that's just the way Broncos engine sound which is fine as long as I don't get stranded on the side of the highway
Sponsored