Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

when will these be available for sale? the hood and side would be great..
No release date has been given yet, only Ford Performance stating "hoping to have them available in November"
Sponsored

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No release date has been given yet, only Ford Performance stating "hoping to have them available in November"
Dang. My Bronco is at the body shop now and they're about to order a new hood and fenders. Not sure I'd like this look but would be willing to try it on the insurance's dime lol

Blairwarlock

Raptor
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover SVR Carbon, 911 GT3 Touring, 911 GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They should apply this same philosophy and have someone else make their tune so they can finally release it under Ford Performance. That’s worth more to me than these worthless CF bits and factory painted fenders that have zero performance function. Albeit, I do kind of like the carbon fender vents 😁

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Saw on Facebook. Ford Performance will be producing some carbon fiber body panels for the Bronco Raptor later this year. Here are some of the posted teaser photos. What do you guys think? They are also claiming Ford Performance will make CF fenders!

IMG_1167.jpeg
IMG_1166.jpeg
IMG_1165.jpeg
I would buy the hood pieces and the air vents on the fender

Sponsored

Tacoman

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Code Orange Braptor, 2022 Black Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'd go for the side vent covers!

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not quite... philosophy mabey? A simple fact of life perhaps?

Unless something can be proven using math or science, than it's an opinion.. and opinions are inherently wrong.
Hmmm.

The applications and cost benefit analysis of carbon fiber has been completely known and implemented in academia and industry for decades.

CF composites are pricey for both it's raw materials and overall manufacturing process (time and labor intensive). But for applications requiring certain strength to weight, stiffness to weight or durability requirements, CF outperforms all metallics and plastics. It's a relatively simple analysis of when to use it. Disciplines like air and space, dominated by fuel costs, are obvious application areas where high strength and low weight are needed.

All of this is informed by my education (3 degrees) and hands-on/career experience in mathematics, physics and engineering.

Last, but not least decorative CF such as that on the inside of the Bronco Raptor, as well as some (likely all) of this external trim only look like highly engineered, weight efficient CF structures. If one examines them layer-by-layer through their thickness, you'll find that again, they are cosmetic only (say top layer - to look like "the real thing".)

Let me know if you'd like some references to engineering literature on the topic. Often a math or engineering background is assumed.

Last edited:

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hmmm.

The applications and cost benefit analysis of carbon fiber has been completely known and implemented in academia and industry for decades.

CF composites are pricey for both it's raw materials and overall manufacturing process (time and labor intensive). But for applications requiring certain strength to weight, stiffness to weight or durability requirements, CF outperforms all metallic and plastics. It's a relatively simple analysis of when to use it. Disciplines like air and space, dominated by fuel costs, are obvious application areas where high strength and low weight are needed.

All of this is informed by my education (3 degrees) and hands-on/career experience in mathematics, physics and engineering.

Last, but not least decorative CF such as that on the inside of the Bronco Raptor, as well as some (likely all) of this external trim only look like highly engineered, weight efficient CF structures. If one examines them layer-by-layer through their thickness, you'll find that again, they are cosmetic only (say top layer - to look like "the real thing".)

Let me know if you'd like some references to engineering literature on the topic. Often a math or engineering background is assumed.

Omg. Way to ruin it.

Crazycactus

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F250, 1993 Bronco XLT, 2013 F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hmmm.

CF composites are pricey for both it's raw materials and overall manufacturing process (time and labor intensive). But for applications requiring certain strength to weight, stiffness to weight or durability requirements, CF outperforms all metallic and plastics. It's a relatively simple analysis of when to use it. Disciplines like air and space, dominated by fuel costs, are obvious application areas where high strength and low weight are needed.

I have been dealing with and working with carbon fiber since the late 80's, and you are wrong on many levels.

Blairwarlock

Raptor
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover SVR Carbon, 911 GT3 Touring, 911 GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Are the fender vents removable or are they part of the fender? If the latter then the CF piece would just be an overlay? Does anyone make CF mirror caps?

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have been dealing with and working with carbon fiber since the late 80's, and you are wrong on many levels.
So your energetic/interested enough to claim I'm wrong, but far too lazy to engage in any debate or discussion? Rich.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Confused... Ruin what? Your desire to have cosmetic CF parts?
I have mirror caps and my trunk lid done that way on my Mustang. Coming from a racing world background, CF is king in weight reduction outside Titanium hardware or chromoly. I think true CF flares for the braptor would add durability more than anything, but it wont solve the other issue if you whack a flare, it destroys all the clips. It would be more ideal if the whole fender/flare incorporation was CF, but how cost prohibitive is that going to be when replacing a fender on a bronco is most likely just cheaper. As far as the whole look only thing, 3m CF wrap goes a long way and I might actually do it on mine since well I already have one flare messed up with scratches and they are running like $400 / piece to replace.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have mirror caps and my trunk lid done that way on my Mustang. Coming from a racing world background, CF is king in weight reduction outside Titanium hardware or chromoly.
CF is far superior to Ti or Chromoly for weight reduction compared to a structural steel component. But for mirror caps, fenders and trunk lids (all non structural parts), there is very little (if any) weight savings over SMC or fiberglass (both are formally composites, but obviously contain no CF).

terrapete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R / 76 Scout / 65 Scout
Your Bronco Model
Raptor