Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Int
In reverse...
interesting.... have you tried disconnecting the battery for 10 min.? Reboot everything and see if it continues... Yes it is a dealer issue. Mine have been working fine. But then I have rebooted everything about 10 times while doing modifications and only have a little over 2000 miles on it although I have had it now for 7 months.
Sponsored

Tony4x4

Big Bend
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 EB Bronco 2021 BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey all,

Just wanted to give some info on my 2023 Wildtrak 2 DR I bought a couple of months ago. I came from 35 years of strictly driving Jeep Wranglers (and a Gladiator). When I drove off the lot with the Wildtrak I was blown away by the smooth ride, the stable steering and power of the 2.7 engine. That was the best it ever drove.

Over the last few weeks the camera has started acting wonky. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Driving last week I kept getting the error that something was blocking the camera, though nothing was. First time it happened was a foggy day. Second time, clear weather.

My parking sensors stopped working as well. I washed the car by hand, making sure all was clean and lo and behold, they still didn't and wouldn't work.

I also noticed any speed over 60 my hood will jump up and down, but slightly. Never had a car where the hood jumps up and down on the highway. Again, very small up and down shake but it shouldn't be there. I know this can be potentially fixed with an adjustment under the hood, so I will try this myself today.

By week 4 and 1600 miles my tires somehow were no longer balanced as the steering wheel shakes between 50-70 MPH. I have not taken this off road anywhere yet, but do live on gravel roads. I thought it was the gravel in the tires so removed it all when I was on a smooth road, but nope, still shakes. No idea how this could happen. My tore pressure is set at around 37 PSI.

Yesterday I was driving and the nice big screen just died mid drive. I had to pull over and restart the car for the display to come back on. First time I have seen this happen.

I found out a few days ago my Bronco is also part of the recall for the glass on the hard top. My dealer says no fix until June or July.

Besides those things I have no other issues, lol. I have 2k miles on the truck now and I love the style, looks, height, and the smooth ride (when wheel does not shake). The wind noise for me is far less than the 2 door hard top 2022 Wrangler Willys I traded in for it. So no issues with the wind noise for me, rather I was pleasantly surprised with it. Thought it was going to be really noisy. Even at 75 on the highway I can easily talk to my wife in the passenger seat at normal speaking volume. So no big noisy cabin for me, just slight wind noise.

I still love the Bronco and am sure all of these issues will be fixed under warranty. Today my camera started working again, go figure. I have an appt next week at the dealer for a balance, the hood shake, and to look at the parking sensors and camera. Hopefully they can get everything straightened out. If and when they do, this will be a truck that for me easily surpasses the Jeep Wrangler.

More room inside, more power, smoother ride, less noise, better steering and control. It's just no contest for me. Eventually I will take her on some trails around here. Used to go on all of the big trails in AZ when I lived there, but now live out in the middle of the woods with mud, rocky roads and rain/snow. This thing is amazing in the snow BTW!

So it seems even here in 2024 that Ford hasn't fixed all issues that can arise in these vehicles, or there is just some laziness on the assembly line. No idea. I paid $58k for this vehicle (high package, no lux) and really hoped that reliability would be better than Jeep. My dealer just got in another 2023 WT in Silver with the Lux package but the sticker is $67k, phew.

My last two jeep wranglers had electrical issues. One had a coolant issues as well, the 2022, along with the tiny battery dying for the start stop. Both were JL's.

Anyway, still love this truck and plan to keep it for a long while, which will be a switch for me. Used to get a new Wrangler every two years. Done with Jeep 100% and if I get another Bronco it will be a Bronco Sport for my wife when we trade in her Renegade (which has been the most trouble free car we have ever owned) that she has had for years, without one single issue. Paid $26k for it and it's been a dream. Seems the more we pay for a car, the more issues arise. That's been our experience. Strange.

So this is my experience with the 23 WT Bronco. Some issues but still love it!
Hood, normal, dont worry about it.

Intermittent electrical issues can be due to badly or loosely connected plugs or ground but it can be a software issue so an update and disconnect/reconnect battery is something I would do. I would check the ground and main power cables connected to the battery.

Stock Goodyears are trash in general. They are not the same as an aftermarket tire in identical Brand/Model/Size. Goodyear cheapens out for the Ford OE supply. A lot of tire MFGs do this.

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So far, so good on my '23 BB Sas. Mine is a mid-pkg. so some doo-dads like heated seats but otherwise pretty basic. Only disappointments are the base sound system is awful and the base instrument cluster is dopey. Full analog gauges please. Zero issues to date (9 mos/9k miles) which is very fortunate as the local Ford dealers near me are worse than pathetic. But so is the Jeep dealer so my options were... nil. Keeping my fingers crossed.

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Luckily no problems with our '23 WT. Just everyday enjoyment.

The more electronics, the more avenues for problems.
(Husband just bought a 1997 HD Springer (had one in 1997 and has missed his "mistress" for > 25 years). Road test; huge grin at the simplicity...after he remembered it has a choke!).
The more electronics, the more trips to the dealer for computer 'treatments' and more data for the big companies and whoever else is listening.

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I too come from over 25 years of Wrangler ownership. I'm at about 6 months and 3,500 miles and everything seems like an upgrade from the "Jeep Thing".

...except for the HVAC system...

...and instrument display...

...so far.

I mean, even the windshield wipers are better on the Bronco.

The Jeep ownership experience was great. Nearly zero cost of ownership beyond wear & tear and general maintenance items. However, I will not miss the terrible suspension - particularly the Death Wobble that I experienced on three different generations of Wrangler. I just feel that in so many ways, Ford "Out-Jeeped" Jeep. They designed a fun to own vehicle with many of the things that were previously the unique domain of the Wrangler.

Plus, living in a fairly affluent suburb, I see so many Wranglers. The high school girls moved on from their electric scooters to having their parents buy them a Wrangler. I cannot tell you how many times a day I see a 16 year old girl drive past in a Rubicon with dozens upon dozens of rubber ducks on their dashboard.
LOL.. great post..
I just don't understand young people driving around in the high end rubicon trim going to the mall.. ugh....

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For the screen / radio

Yeah Sync is somewhat glitchy. I get a random black screen or phone fails to connect about once a month or so.

You can reboot Sync without shutting of the entire Bronco if you press Radio Power + Fast Forward for about 10 seconds.

Ford Bronco New Bronco Woes...Bronco Love. 1709831175784

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I guess I should consider myself lucky. I have not a single issue with my trusty steed. I was worried at first, waiting 2 1/2 years for Ford to build it and reading all the horror stories I thought I was in for a world of hurt. I've had it almost a year now and only issue I have is the wipers, which I just received the recall in the mail to have that issue resolved.

Love to ride around in it. I find myself going for a ride, just to go for a ride, with no particular place to go. Can't keep my eyes off it. just a fun as hell little ride. 😁
Me neither...38,000 miles of absolute love!
Father was a mechanic...he once told me most lemons are owner made!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
LOL.. great post..
I just don't understand young people driving around in the high end rubicon trim going to the mall.. ugh....
That's all over the place these days across all age groups. How can you imagine using lockers if you don't have lockers? ;) Ford like Jeep is selling an image not a vehicle.

dms-loudounva

Outer Banks
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks, Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone had issues with just the front camera not working for 360° view. My front camera doesn't work 90% of the time. I will tell my dealer next oil change but just curious...
Have had no issues with the camera, or any of the issues the OP raised with tech, wheels, hood, etc. And I have most all of the extra tech stuff. What is annoying with the front camera is it isn't smart enough to switch between front and rear cameras when you're parking or just leaving a space and you switch between R and D. This is something I got used to in our Audi, and it always irritates me when I move out of R and the camera goes off instead of showing me the front view.
Sponsored