Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 2 DR Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey all,

Just wanted to give some info on my 2023 Wildtrak 2 DR I bought a couple of months ago. I came from 35 years of strictly driving Jeep Wranglers (and a Gladiator). When I drove off the lot with the Wildtrak I was blown away by the smooth ride, the stable steering and power of the 2.7 engine. That was the best it ever drove.

Over the last few weeks the camera has started acting wonky. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Driving last week I kept getting the error that something was blocking the camera, though nothing was. First time it happened was a foggy day. Second time, clear weather.

My parking sensors stopped working as well. I washed the car by hand, making sure all was clean and lo and behold, they still didn't and wouldn't work.

I also noticed any speed over 60 my hood will jump up and down, but slightly. Never had a car where the hood jumps up and down on the highway. Again, very small up and down shake but it shouldn't be there. I know this can be potentially fixed with an adjustment under the hood, so I will try this myself today.

By week 4 and 1600 miles my tires somehow were no longer balanced as the steering wheel shakes between 50-70 MPH. I have not taken this off road anywhere yet, but do live on gravel roads. I thought it was the gravel in the tires so removed it all when I was on a smooth road, but nope, still shakes. No idea how this could happen. My tore pressure is set at around 37 PSI.

Yesterday I was driving and the nice big screen just died mid drive. I had to pull over and restart the car for the display to come back on. First time I have seen this happen.

I found out a few days ago my Bronco is also part of the recall for the glass on the hard top. My dealer says no fix until June or July.

Besides those things I have no other issues, lol. I have 2k miles on the truck now and I love the style, looks, height, and the smooth ride (when wheel does not shake). The wind noise for me is far less than the 2 door hard top 2022 Wrangler Willys I traded in for it. So no issues with the wind noise for me, rather I was pleasantly surprised with it. Thought it was going to be really noisy. Even at 75 on the highway I can easily talk to my wife in the passenger seat at normal speaking volume. So no big noisy cabin for me, just slight wind noise.

I still love the Bronco and am sure all of these issues will be fixed under warranty. Today my camera started working again, go figure. I have an appt next week at the dealer for a balance, the hood shake, and to look at the parking sensors and camera. Hopefully they can get everything straightened out. If and when they do, this will be a truck that for me easily surpasses the Jeep Wrangler.

More room inside, more power, smoother ride, less noise, better steering and control. It's just no contest for me. Eventually I will take her on some trails around here. Used to go on all of the big trails in AZ when I lived there, but now live out in the middle of the woods with mud, rocky roads and rain/snow. This thing is amazing in the snow BTW!

So it seems even here in 2024 that Ford hasn't fixed all issues that can arise in these vehicles, or there is just some laziness on the assembly line. No idea. I paid $58k for this vehicle (high package, no lux) and really hoped that reliability would be better than Jeep. My dealer just got in another 2023 WT in Silver with the Lux package but the sticker is $67k, phew.

My last two jeep wranglers had electrical issues. One had a coolant issues as well, the 2022, along with the tiny battery dying for the start stop. Both were JL's.

Anyway, still love this truck and plan to keep it for a long while, which will be a switch for me. Used to get a new Wrangler every two years. Done with Jeep 100% and if I get another Bronco it will be a Bronco Sport for my wife when we trade in her Renegade (which has been the most trouble free car we have ever owned) that she has had for years, without one single issue. Paid $26k for it and it's been a dream. Seems the more we pay for a car, the more issues arise. That's been our experience. Strange.

So this is my experience with the 23 WT Bronco. Some issues but still love it!
Sponsored

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak 4dr, '12 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've noticed the hood wobble, too. There are some adjustable [word I don't know] under the hood that will press it up more and decreased the wobble for me enough that it's not a nuisance anymore.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

"Seems the more we pay for a car, the more issues arise. That's been our experience. Strange."

There is a lesson here. I buy near the bottom of the trim/options and have been very fortunate on new car reliability.
I hope you get all the glitches worked out...You'll love it

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"hood flutter" is something they all do to some degree. I have tried various adjustments and it gets a little better, but never completely goes away at certain speeds and wind directions

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Seems the more we pay for a car, the more issues arise. That's been our experience. Strange."

There is a lesson here. I buy near the bottom of the trim/options and have been very fortunate on new car reliability.
Agreed. My cameras and parking sensors have not had issues ... because my Bronco doesn't have them. ;) I think with Bronco the most bang for the buck is at the lower price points. Even the most basic Bronco has the essentials ... 4wd and top-down/doors-off fun.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, I guess I should consider myself lucky. I have not a single issue with my trusty steed. I was worried at first, waiting 2 1/2 years for Ford to build it and reading all the horror stories I thought I was in for a world of hurt. I've had it almost a year now and only issue I have is the wipers, which I just received the recall in the mail to have that issue resolved.

Love to ride around in it. I find myself going for a ride, just to go for a ride, with no particular place to go. Can't keep my eyes off it. just a fun as hell little ride. 😁

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It must be the luck of the draw- as my 2022 Bronco Base Sasquatch has had no such issues. Only 2 minor ones- bad headlight switch and bad front driveshaft- it made noises. Dealership took care of both and I hand made a metal shield to protect the front driveshaft boot from exhaust heat- which may or may not have caused the driveshaft to fail. Recalls for the windshield (done), back up camera and wipers (which I have not done yet). Trouble free and fun as heck other than that.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hey all,

Just wanted to give some info on my 2023 Wildtrak 2 DR I bought a couple of months ago. I came from 35 years of strictly driving Jeep Wranglers (and a Gladiator). When I drove off the lot with the Wildtrak I was blown away by the smooth ride, the stable steering and power of the 2.7 engine. That was the best it ever drove.

Over the last few weeks the camera has started acting wonky. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Driving last week I kept getting the error that something was blocking the camera, though nothing was. First time it happened was a foggy day. Second time, clear weather.

My parking sensors stopped working as well. I washed the car by hand, making sure all was clean and lo and behold, they still didn't and wouldn't work.

I also noticed any speed over 60 my hood will jump up and down, but slightly. Never had a car where the hood jumps up and down on the highway. Again, very small up and down shake but it shouldn't be there. I know this can be potentially fixed with an adjustment under the hood, so I will try this myself today.

By week 4 and 1600 miles my tires somehow were no longer balanced as the steering wheel shakes between 50-70 MPH. I have not taken this off road anywhere yet, but do live on gravel roads. I thought it was the gravel in the tires so removed it all when I was on a smooth road, but nope, still shakes. No idea how this could happen. My tore pressure is set at around 37 PSI.

Yesterday I was driving and the nice big screen just died mid drive. I had to pull over and restart the car for the display to come back on. First time I have seen this happen.

I found out a few days ago my Bronco is also part of the recall for the glass on the hard top. My dealer says no fix until June or July.

Besides those things I have no other issues, lol. I have 2k miles on the truck now and I love the style, looks, height, and the smooth ride (when wheel does not shake). The wind noise for me is far less than the 2 door hard top 2022 Wrangler Willys I traded in for it. So no issues with the wind noise for me, rather I was pleasantly surprised with it. Thought it was going to be really noisy. Even at 75 on the highway I can easily talk to my wife in the passenger seat at normal speaking volume. So no big noisy cabin for me, just slight wind noise.

I still love the Bronco and am sure all of these issues will be fixed under warranty. Today my camera started working again, go figure. I have an appt next week at the dealer for a balance, the hood shake, and to look at the parking sensors and camera. Hopefully they can get everything straightened out. If and when they do, this will be a truck that for me easily surpasses the Jeep Wrangler.

More room inside, more power, smoother ride, less noise, better steering and control. It's just no contest for me. Eventually I will take her on some trails around here. Used to go on all of the big trails in AZ when I lived there, but now live out in the middle of the woods with mud, rocky roads and rain/snow. This thing is amazing in the snow BTW!

So it seems even here in 2024 that Ford hasn't fixed all issues that can arise in these vehicles, or there is just some laziness on the assembly line. No idea. I paid $58k for this vehicle (high package, no lux) and really hoped that reliability would be better than Jeep. My dealer just got in another 2023 WT in Silver with the Lux package but the sticker is $67k, phew.

My last two jeep wranglers had electrical issues. One had a coolant issues as well, the 2022, along with the tiny battery dying for the start stop. Both were JL's.

Anyway, still love this truck and plan to keep it for a long while, which will be a switch for me. Used to get a new Wrangler every two years. Done with Jeep 100% and if I get another Bronco it will be a Bronco Sport for my wife when we trade in her Renegade (which has been the most trouble free car we have ever owned) that she has had for years, without one single issue. Paid $26k for it and it's been a dream. Seems the more we pay for a car, the more issues arise. That's been our experience. Strange.

So this is my experience with the 23 WT Bronco. Some issues but still love it!
1) camera and sensors - Try a reboot. disconnect neg battery terminal for 10 min then reconnect. If this does not fix it I would be calling the dealer.

2) wheel shake - You have thrown a weight.... steering wheel shake tells of front tire (seat shake tells you it is rear) get your tires rebalanced. go to a reputable tire shop. Or actually dealer might throw this in if you have the other issues you need to see them about... Ask.

3) Hood Flutter - adjust the hood bumper stops upward. make small incremental adjustments upward until the flutter stops.

4) sounds like you have already got this all sorted with the dealer..... I was just going through it one item at a time.

5) enjoy that new Bronco.... They really are awesome.

RAC-Wildtrak

Wildtrak
First Name
RAC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I too come from over 25 years of Wrangler ownership. I'm at about 6 months and 3,500 miles and everything seems like an upgrade from the "Jeep Thing".

...except for the HVAC system...

...and instrument display...

...so far.

I mean, even the windshield wipers are better on the Bronco.

The Jeep ownership experience was great. Nearly zero cost of ownership beyond wear & tear and general maintenance items. However, I will not miss the terrible suspension - particularly the Death Wobble that I experienced on three different generations of Wrangler. I just feel that in so many ways, Ford "Out-Jeeped" Jeep. They designed a fun to own vehicle with many of the things that were previously the unique domain of the Wrangler.

Plus, living in a fairly affluent suburb, I see so many Wranglers. The high school girls moved on from their electric scooters to having their parents buy them a Wrangler. I cannot tell you how many times a day I see a 16 year old girl drive past in a Rubicon with dozens upon dozens of rubber ducks on their dashboard.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

100% agreed on this philosophy. The less complexity, the better.

OP, I hope all the glitches get addressed. It's an amazing rig! I'm almost 20k miles in, and still brings a grin to my face every day.

Sponsored

Jkoren12345

Outer Banks
First Name
Jkor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone had issues with just the front camera not working for 360° view. My front camera doesn't work 90% of the time. I will tell my dealer next oil change but just curious...

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Anyone had issues with just the front camera not working for 360° view. My front camera doesn't work 90% of the time. I will tell my dealer next oil change but just curious...
When are you using your front camera? it does shut off at about 7 MPH..... Unless you get a can opener.

Big Swede

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No issues with mine yet, fingers crossed. Hood on all these flex quiet a bit going down the hwy. Thin Aluminum does that. Mine is tight and just flutters in the middle.

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Plus, living in a fairly affluent suburb, I see so many Wranglers. The high school girls moved on from their electric scooters to having their parents buy them a Wrangler. I cannot tell you how many times a day I see a 16 year old girl drive past in a Rubicon with dozens upon dozens of rubber ducks on their dashboard.
I live right near a college with a lot of rich kids. New(er) BMWs and Wranglers everywhere with college age drivers. Heck, my sister and her husband who are status conscious just bought their first daughter to go to college a new (not loaded) Wrangler. Otherwise, younger people who don't have rich parents can't afford Wranglers like they used to be able to 20 years ago. Away from this college, most Wrangler drivers I see tend to be in their 50s. Probably similar with the Bronco - and I check that box.

Jkoren12345

Outer Banks
First Name
Jkor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When are you using your front camera? it does shut off at about 7 MPH..... Unless you get a can opener.
In reverse...
Sponsored