Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2012 Rubicon, Landcurisers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I Just installed a new front LOD Off Road bumper and winch. Had to disconnect the Adaptive Cruise Control sensor and Cooler Shutters.

It is showing Adaptive Cruise fault on start up, which is to be expected.

Also showing Charging System fault on start up, which is not expected.

After about an hour of fourwheeling in low range, the system goes into full default, flashes a ton of codes and faults.

I plan on scanning it this weekend with my Snapon Scanner, but not sure if is compatible with Forscan enough to help.

Anyone have these issues?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rescuebill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: After reading threads about bad/contaminated ABS Wheel Sensors causing multiple errant codes, I pulled all my sensors to inspect. Just like the post said, all the sensors had crud on them (I only have 14,000 miles on the Bronco). The two rears, especially the pass side, had micro metal flakes on them. Being as they are a magnetic pick-up, this could cause a faulty reading, and cause an error code(s). I have seen this on Super Duties. Since all the driving systems (steering, traction control, terrain following, etc) rely on ABS inputs, this could be the cause of the many, many errant codes.

I cleaned all the sensors, and reinstalled. Now only showing the codes from the removal of the Adaptive Cruize Sensor. Be careful to lubricate the o-rings, and make sure the sensor base is fully seated when you re-install. If not, it will not read signal and default about 20 codes :(

I will be wheeling at high altitude above for the next two weeks, will post the results.

sonofhammer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have answers but I am curious, did you disconnect the battery before unplugging the AAC sensors when you installed the bumper?

OP
OP

Rescuebill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have answers but I am curious, did you disconnect the battery before unplugging the AAC sensors when you installed the bumper?
No, I did not disconnect the battery prior to unplugging the sensor. My very expensive Snap On Modus would not read the sensors, or allow me to clear codes. My $100 BlueDriver scanner loves the Bronco, even though it has not been updated since 2019. No problem reading and clearing codes with it.

Cleaning all the ABS sensors seems to have solved the other codes so far. Will update after the next two weeks or four-wheeling. Still have charging fault and adaptive cruise fault, and cruise control does not work. Will be ordering a Forscan so I can remove the ACF module from the system.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you re install the ACC unit?
I removed the ACC unit completely and the fault poped up. Then get into your settings and get to the option to turn off ACC. The notification "ACC off" pops up occasionally whenever I use cruise control to remind me that I have turned it off in the settings. It's really no issue now.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, I did not disconnect the battery prior to unplugging the sensor. My very expensive Snap On Modus would not read the sensors, or allow me to clear codes. My $100 BlueDriver scanner loves the Bronco, even though it has not been updated since 2019. No problem reading and clearing codes with it.

Cleaning all the ABS sensors seems to have solved the other codes so far. Will update after the next two weeks or four-wheeling. Still have charging fault and adaptive cruise fault, and cruise control does not work. Will be ordering a Forscan so I can remove the ACF module from the system.
This is great info. How much of a project is removing/cleaning the sensors?
Sponsored