Sponsored

update - vehicle fixed by dealer, nothing to do with install, see first post- Installed arb compressor now multiple codes and limp mode

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.7 attached are some photos of the wiring arrangement

PXL_20230416_182725841.jpg

PXL_20230416_182721664.jpg
Is this ground on the correct side of the battery monitor module?
I think there is battery monitor module connection on the ground side.
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a compressor not winch, never ran it without the engine running, switch panel is only active when engine is on so it can't activate anything without engine running
My bad. Good luck.

OP
OP

Bweed83

Base
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 base bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is this ground on the correct side of the battery monitor module?
I think there is battery monitor module connection on the ground side.
Grounds that I added are all now connected to the empty hole on the negative side of the battery terminal I would assume that that's is the correct side of this module but I could be wrong

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The only thing I can come up with since you had not had this problem before install is this. You have 2 positive cables over lapping 2 existing oem cables on the 4 post buzz bar. I would take and move those 2 red positive cables outward to the end posts or both to the fender side post. I am running aux units myself and utilize the empty post closest to the fender. It may not make a difference, but then again I'm inclined to think that you maybe drawing from whatever the 2 oem positives are going to, causing a voltage drop. I would try moving your switch cables outboard on the buzz bar. After you do that, do a hard reset by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes then try again.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Without looking it up, I'm assuming those 2 oem positive cables go to starter and alternator. I would have to look it up.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bweed83

Base
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 base bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Without looking it up, I'm assuming those 2 oem positive cables go to starter and alternator. I would have to look it up.
I have since disconnected everything assuming that whatever I did was causing the issue tried clearing codes and battery disconnect reset. Still having issues :( guess she is going to the shop tomorrow

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well you have fouled a fuse somewhere in the double deck fuse box.either top side or bottom side a fuse is fouled.

OP
OP

Bweed83

Base
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 base bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well you have fouled a fuse somewhere in the double deck fuse box.either top side or bottom side a fuse is fouled.
Do you mean fouled as in blew a fuse? Or in some other way that I wouldn't be able to check easily?

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

12.4V is almost nominal voltage for these batteries, and probably is with a small draw while the ignition is on. It sounds like a textbook ground fault. Something somewhere isn't getting a proper connection, or your PCM plug got bumped and isn't fully seated...it's right below the compressor and with that mount it's difficult to access. I would start by disconnecting the battery and waiting for about 15min to let the modules go to sleep, check the ground above the mount and clean it up, then go to the ground in your pic, take that terminal and switch it over to the battery stud on top of that cable (just swap the smaller wire from the body side to the battery side). Check the PCM plug, and the other three plugs on the firewall right behind it...throw the levers, then push them back in as far as possible before using the lever to lock them back down. Go ahead and move the positive terminals around like Grumpy suggested (it's worth a shot). On the ground and hot terminals, before you fully toque them, wiggle the wires a little bit so the rings rub against each other to scrape off any crud or corrosion for best conductivity. Once you think you've exhausted and verified every possible change that you may have done with the install, connect the battery back up and see if it did anything. I doubt anything is smoked, but you never know.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bweed83

Base
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 base bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you know the wire or location so we can check our wires out for potential issues?
Only that they said the dash had to be removed and that the cables were for throttle, I don't think it would be an easy visual inspection service person said it was the first one she saw so it might not be a common issue, my vehicle only had 1700 miles on it so it happened pretty quick
Sponsored