David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m not a fan of the idea of nannies because I’m a very attentive driver. Hands at 10 & 2, seldom go fast.

But I love the idea of nannies for others. Drivers in NY-NJ-CT are the absolute worst. They’re utter shit, but think they’re all NASCAR-worthy.
I risk my life every day driving on the LIE . . I agree
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it just me, or does that top look like an old, ragged out piece they found lying in the back of the factory and decided to slap it on a masterpiece? The fit and finish is abhorrent. The slack in those windows has to make for some god awful wind noise at highway speeds.
Sure hoping that the prototype dude was off that day....and that they'd just sell me the unit with no top so I can just go to BesTop.

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But you get to see Broncos in the wild!
I admit, when I was in high school, I used to sneak around the Ford Dearborn Product Development parking lots. Now that I'm almost 70, when I go back to Detroit, I still do :) .

BronkoNagurski

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, really like the looking the stance here. Specially if it had a small level and 33s.

it’s pictures like this that keep me waffling between BD/mid/2.7 and Base/Sas/2.7. I feel like I will always regret not getting squatch if I don’t, because the stance, capability, and hardware if offers is a crazy value and I feel like would hold value longer too.

But the convenience and safety features in the Mid I want really badly too, and make me want to to BD instead if it looks badass enough. Remote start, heated seats, and the driver safety stuff are really important to me. People say they don’t want “nannies”, but haven’t driven home after multiple physically exhausting 12+ hour days on dark 2 lane highways, where lane departure assist can literally save your life.
I go back and forth between the same setups too. Sasquatch on the BD is just far enough out of budget range! I really think I would not be happy on 32s though. Sasquatch just looks right in my opinion, so I'm leaning towards base. Lol I'll probably change my mind a couple thousand more times though.

Sponsored

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last edited:

ITS

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All: May be posting this in the wrong sub-forum - but requesting thoughts. I am really concerned about the reliability of the 4-cyl engine. Recently, saw there is a class-action suit against Ford re: that engine (smaller displacement) and on models such as the Focus.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All: May be posting this in the wrong sub-forum - but requesting thoughts. I am really concerned about the reliability of the 4-cyl engine. Recently, saw there is a class-action suit against Ford re: that engine (smaller displacement) and on models such as the Focus.
Not the same engine. That is for the 1.5 , 1.6, and 2.0 Ecoboost engines. the 2.3 have been fine. (so far)

Those other motors had issues almost out of the gate. I think well all be ok with the 2.3

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like a neighborhood full of Ford employees. One lousy little Jeep in the background. Typical nasty, cold, grey, bleak Michigan day.
Just a typical Detroit neighborhood.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Base does come with some safety stuff, but the Mid unlocks the lane departure warning, what I was mainly talking about. An underrated feature IMO because I have first hand seen how it can keep you from getting in an accident.

Also, Blind Spot Indicator is another really cool plus. I’ve never owned a vehicle with it and I feel like it’s usually a luxury car feature, but I for sure see the benefits and think it would be really helpful to have. Hell, on stuff like Honda civics it’s basically standard now, I see the little orange light on so many mirrors when passing people on the road.
Aaron, I have all of those do-dads on my Jeep, and my Ranger. After driving the wife's car (with that stuff) I knew it was a must have on my other rides. One of the best IMHO is the "cross-traffic" detectors. They help a bunch when you're parked beside a larger vehicle, and you can't see up or down the parking lanes. And, yes the blind spot detectors are now a must for me also. You damn near can't see anything to your side in her Mustang convertible, and they are a definite added layer of safety in the others. Well worth the added cost for me. So, all those new fangled do-dads will be on my Bronco also. For all the nay-sayers you're right. I have no shame. :)

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it just me, or does that top look like an old, ragged out piece they found lying in the back of the factory and decided to slap it on a masterpiece? The fit and finish is abhorrent. The slack in those windows has to make for some god awful wind noise at highway speeds.
The sag in the side windows must be inherent to that design. The newer Jeep JL soft tops have some of that going on as well. The previous generation JK with the zipper windows did not sag at all. At least mine doesn't.

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Crappy BFG tires for cheap at costco.
K02s are stock on Badlands for a reason.

I wouldn't be able to type here, if it wasn't for K02s.
I've ridden on them for the majority of my life, and can even vouch for the BFGs sitting on my car right now.
$240 is equal to the top brands and competitors - not cheap, go to TireRack for this reference.
Less than $190 would be cheap for 1 tire.

The other plus - they look great too with the white lettering.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still a prototype top and not the finished product. No production Bronco anything has been made. So it is understandable.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow. This is not a criticism of you but it never ceases to amaze me how many people are attracted to the Bronco who not only know nothing about 4x4s, they know nothing about cars in general.

The Bronco is really looking like a generational type vehicle. Comparisons to the largest launch of a vehicle ever are not out of place.

The mentions of KOs are referring to the different versions of the most popular off road tire ever made, the BF Goodrich All-Terrain.

Don't be harsh Stud - most kids these days only know Mickey Thompsons and GD Wranglers. Very few know Swampers, and just a few more know BFG's. Cooper's and Patagonias are taking over.
Sponsored