First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion, 1997 GMC 1500, 1965 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This product is a must have for soft top owners. The noise reduction is significant!! It wasn't super cold on my first drive but based on the material I'm sure it will make a difference keeping the heat in as well. Highly recommend!
Sponsored

jolson1228

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those who installed it looks like in the install video that a few of the brackets to be installed utilize the same holes that hold grab handles. Anyone previously install grab handles and were able to install the brackets while still utilizing the grab handles, or will they need removed entirely?
I just installed it today, I have paracord grab handles up there and the bolts are plenty long to hold the grab handles and the brackets for the top. I haven’t seen the hard grab handles in person so I can’t speak to those, but I would imagine the bolts are still long enough.

Overall first impressions are fantastic aside from the smell. Noticeably quieter at highway speeds, I felt most of the cabin noise was from the tires. The wind noise was pretty much gone.

hwboi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
TLDR - Headliner is great and dampens outside noise significantly.

I bought and installed the headliner and took some before and after noise measurements this week. The headliner makes the cabin sound more composed and significantly reduces a lot of the external ambient noise (e.g., car passing by, reverb when driving in tunnels/under passes). It's kind of like going from open back to close back headphones. It won't do much for road noise through the tires or engine noise but definitely makes the bronco sound more on par with standard SUVs. It was money well spent. My family noticed the difference when we were driving on the highway @ 80 mph. We didn't have to try and talk as loud to be heard and we were less aware of the sounds outside.

Test: 4 door badlands (has the hood insulation) with the optional beadlock rims. Factory 33" KO2. Stock intake, exhaust, etc...

I used my iPhone with the NIOSH SLM app. Phone was mounted in between the driver and passenger seat at ear level, facing forward.

Disclaimer: While I attempted to use some data to demonstrate the impact of the headliner, this should be taken as reference and is purely directional. I don't have video recording of me driving with both the speedometer and sound gauge visible to share. I'm including ranges in some cases since so much of the noise variation is related to what was happening outside of the car. The noise meter biases toward peak bursts of sound so it doesn't necessarily capture the overall change in quietness. I drove the same route to try and keep things similar.

With Headliner (dB)Stock (dB)
Driveway idling (engine on)~43-45~43-45
Driveway idling (engine off)~38~38
Street with active acceleration @ 3500 rpm around 35 mph6064
Street @ 35 mph coasting5357
Freeway @ 65-70 mph (peak spikes)65-7870-81

Last edited:

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bought and installed the headliner and took some before and after noise measurements this week. The headliner makes the cabin sound more composed and significantly reduces a lot of the external ambient noise (e.g., car passing by, reverb when driving in tunnels/under passes). It's kind of like going from open back to close back headphones. It won't do much for road noise through the tires or engine noise but definitely makes the bronco sound more on par with standard SUVs. It was money well spent. My family noticed the difference when we were driving on the highway @ 80 mph. We didn't have to try and talk as loud to be heard and we were less aware of the sounds outside.

Test: 4 door badlands (has the hood insulation) with the optional beadlock rims. Factory 33" KO2. Stock intake, exhaust, etc...

I used my iPhone with the NIOSH SLM app. Phone was mounted in between the driver and passenger seat at ear level, facing forward.

Disclaimer: While I attempted to use some data to demonstrate the impact of the headliner, this should be taken as reference and is purely directional. I don't have video recording of me driving with both the speedometer and sound gauge visible to share. I'm including ranges in some cases since so much of the noise variation is related to what was happening outside of the car. The noise meter biases toward peak bursts of sound so it doesn't necessarily capture the overall change in quietness. I drove the same route to try and keep things similar.

Stock (dB)With Headliner (dB)
Thanks for the info! That’s helpful even as a reference.

Sponsored

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just installed mine yesterday, easy process. I haven't made a long interstate trip yet, but hopped on quick and at about 75 I can tell the noise reduction was significant.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After realizing I may be running with the flaccid top for a few more years, I decided to make most of it and add the DirtyDog headliner. The hope is some winter insulation and any improvement in wind/road noise level.

Like others mentioned, quality product and simple install. Headroom is reduced. More so in rear where it zips around roll bar. It’s not a problem for me or my crew but if you’re taller, you may notice lower clearance.

I didn’t do any official db testing but I have enough miles on the Bronco that I noticed a difference right away.

Happy with the product.

kcbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ive had mine since they came out and put just over 2500 miles mostly highway miles on. I live in North Dakota so lots of wind and cold 30mph plus and -20f. So much quiter especially with side winds it almost seema like thebairspace between keeps the top from buffeting. Also it warms up really quick inside with the headliner. Its really got me thinking I dont even need a hardtop. I showed it to my salesmen and he got one for his Bronco. I talked to him the other day and he said the same thing.

dirtydog4x4_jamie

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for all the feedback and reviews! Love hearing it! Keep 'em coming!

felgercarb

Wildtrak
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-350 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With Headliner (dB)Stock (dB)
With a 3-4dB reduction, you can expect almost 19% perceived reduction in noise level, according to this page:

https://www.acousticalsurfaces.com/soundproofing_tips/noise_reduction.htm

Sponsored

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

About time of the year to remove for top off weather. Any recommendations/suggestions on storing for the summer season?

OP
OP
Dirtydog

Dirtydog

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dirtydog4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak, 2018 Wrangler JLU, 2021 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

About time of the year to remove for top off weather. Any recommendations/suggestions on storing for the summer season?
Best way to store it is just roll it up and keep it in a dry place.
Any idea if when this will be in stock again and if the discount is still available?
Back in stock. No specials on this item currently.

Reactions: bhb

jetb21

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Best way to store it is just roll it up and keep it in a dry place.

Back in stock. No specials on this item currently.
Thanks DD for the quick response. I just ordered from Amazon since I was able to get free shipping
with the same price. Can't wait to try it out.
Sponsored