Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is anyone going to ask why they've got the term backflip listed there?
To me, that suggests it does something the regular cloth top doesn't do. Sounds like more than just premium materials.
Sponsored

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i think there a thread on this already but yeah something new
Thanks, I found it and requested a merge of threads.

ttboy

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks like Ford added a few new items in the tops section of the B&P. There’s now a canvas top? Is this better than a cloth top?
Stop with the bitchin already...if this is a soft top option for 2drs and it allows delivery of our builds sooner with a hard top later on than that is an option many of us 2dr order holders have been wanting all along. Please let this be.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The canvas soft top seems to be an upgrade from the cloth soft top. Below is a screen shot of an outer banks build

1630083548387.png
I wonder what is the difference between Top - Backflip, Soft Canvas and Top - Soft Cloth, Black Cloth? Which is Standard.

Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has Ford announced anything about this yet? Or are we still speculating if this means 2drs can get their builds this year with a soft top?

Esham

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No it's not. The "backflip" is just the Sunrider from BesTop. It is an accessory and doesn't replace the MIC top. When installed, it replaces the two front panels of the MIC. And it opens just as the name that the rockstars implies - backflip.

For the BesTop Fastback, it also opens in the Sunrider fashion (doesn't collapse all the way to the back like the factory Moar Door ST). Or it can be configured safari style with the rear windows removed. It obviously replaces the entire MIC when installed.

But in either case, none of the options replaces the factory MIC top.
This makes total sense and I really should have put that together immediately. I did notice it was at the top of B&P instead of with the fast back BesTop under accessories and I couldn't figure out why.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm pretty sure it's a misprint. I think they mean normal soft top including the mesh bimini top.
Typical for Ford at this point communication seems to be a problem. You have to guess what they mean.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would ford make any changes to b and p for 2021 at this point ???? they keep adding confusion to already confused and frusterated situation my lord ford what are you doing who is running this company right now
🙈 are in charge.

SouthernSparty

First Edition
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Fusion, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It looks like Ford added a few new items in the tops section of the B&P. There’s now a canvas top? Is this better than a cloth top?
They show up in WBDO as DIO accessories. They are also listed in the order guide.

C256BDBE-615E-45D9-B4F5-0CFD29657374.jpeg

8176A159-0ACE-4E1C-8346-F456AFC872EF.jpeg

F959BD41-43F8-4D2F-8DF7-32DD4BBE0BD4.jpeg

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This could be huge for us 2 door folk

Edit: NVM, got excited and thought this would be a 2d factory soft top. As you were
Yeah, you can have this for 2k after we paw through the pile of crap hard tops to find you one that won't piss you off too much. 7/21 schedule waiting for Sept.21 delivery? It's built, I just don't have a YouTube channel. That's a lesson. Even a crappy YouTube channel seems to be enough to get delivery.

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just saw this when I went on build and price. Doesn’t seem to replace the hard top though.

Ford Bronco New Soft Top Option For Bronco 2-Door Showing in B&P? F959BD41-43F8-4D2F-8DF7-32DD4BBE0BD4
Does not let you deselect the hard top. Some kind of duel top option ?

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The whole time I’m wondering when I can get a Ford factory style soft top for my 4D FE. I had my dealer order the vinyl Bestop one, thinking that at worst I might only have to use it for a year or two.

I really don’t like the fastback design nor the lack of ability to fold it all the way down, but it’s better than having the MIC on it when I intend to drive topless as much as possible, 8-9 months out of of the year.

Mine was built on 8/11 and is on Dirt Mountain.

Marty26

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here's my prediction: Once the MY22 B&P goes live, they'll offer the soft top as an alternative to the hard top for 2-door Broncos. They'll make a big deal out of it like "We listened...blah, blah, blah" and COMPLETELY ignore the fact that in the meantime, they already bumped all their 2-door customers who don't have a VIN to 2022, AND they screwed us out of AMB and RR.

So we're still not getting a MY21, even if we have a Day 1 timestamp, and we're still not getting the color we ordered. And the ONLY reason we want the 2-door soft top option in the first place is so we can get our Bronco this year, and get the color we wanted.

If they pull that, they must think their customers are a bunch of idiots. I sure hope they don't, because that would just be cruel.
If you have a 2 door ordered and don't have i vin # yet you aren't getting a my21 unless you are an FE.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you have a 2 door ordered and don't have i vin # yet you aren't getting a my21 unless you are an FE.
Um, yeah. I know that. Ford sent me the email a long time ago. What makes you think that I wasn't aware of that fact?
Sponsored