Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

An interesting read for sure. Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Security only slows the bad guys down.
True - Most thieves want a quick and easy get away. Most... Not all. You could drive an armoured truck and there'd still be some way in, albeit it may take them longer.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Partially unscrewing the inner fender liner = access to the Bronco headlight wires very easily.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
True - Most thieves want a quick and easy get away. Most... Not all. You could drive an armoured truck and there'd still be some way in, albeit it may take them longer.
Many crimes are crimes of opportunity (that's pretty much the only kind I've been victim of in terms of automobiles). Making your vehicle a more difficult target, can be enough for the criminal to instead pick an easier target. But yes, if a skilled criminal is dead set on getting your vehicle and has prepared well, they will probably have a work around to get it.

I wonder on a modern vehicle, is a hidden kill switch still an option, or is that asking for trouble in terms of the complicated electronics?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What the author wrote at the end of the article is going to always be true. Similar to securing your home; fortifications can be a double edged sword. Sure it keeps thieves out, but also can keep you locked in; think panic rooms.

Fortifying a home or vehicle is very expensive and you still aren’t 100% secure. However, doing a few things that not only make it difficult for a thief, but that give indicators that you as the owner are aware and potentially ready give all but the most professional gangs some pause.

Now, this is only for when your vehicle is at home, but “lights, camera, action” is the phrase that I use for my family.

Lights - perimeter lights that are smart are all over the outside and inside of our home. I keep porch lights and floods around the home.

Camera - I have exterior cameras and of course a smart doorbell camera. Cameras give you time and information so you can get a head start of preparing for what could be inevitable.

Action - Gun owner with an array of weaponry for multiple potential scenerios. Is this a pistol situation, or shotgun? Or, do I need a semi-auto rifle?

Anyway, keeping lights near your vehicle if not garaged is a good start. Then keep cameras over that area; not the hidden kind, but the obvious kind.

Perhaps most important, never, ever allow one company to control your entire system. Smart lights, cameras, alarm should all be different companies. Keep your internet backed up to an APC battery system. Maybe make one camera cellular like most modern alarm systems are. Never use the same password for the various systems, and restrict access to only a couple of people or just yourself.

When your vehicle isn’t home, a dash cam with interior facing view and an LTE connection are smart.

All of the above costs extra and it’s sad that we have to do such things, but this is the way….. ;)
Sponsored