First Name
Ulrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5 Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi guys, I've just recently joined the forum as I'm in the market for a new car. The old Audi S5 convertible has become a bottomless pit and needs to go. I've had a 2010 Wrangler Unlimited and liked it but do like the Bronco's looks a lot better and so I am considering ordering one.

It'll mostly see city driving (I'm in Grand Rapids, MI) and some highway cruising. Don't think it'll see much true off road use to be honest. I do like the look of the car with the Sasquatch package a lot better due to the bigger wheels and it sitting higher, however, do I really need the bigger rear end? I don't intend to tow anything and it's really the looks of the bigger wheels and it sitting higher that I want. I have no experience with mods like lift kits and what have you. Would it best to just get it with the Sasquatch package or just get a lift kit and wheels later, though that would likely cost a penny too and I'd be sitting on the original wheels and tires then. I did want the 2.7 l engine. As for the rest it seems that I'll have to get certain packages to for example get the better stereo system in it. I've played around with the online configurator and all too often it has told me that a certain option is only available in a package. I assume the packages are what they are and I'll have to live with that. Is that correct or may dealerships have more flexibility in configuring one? I'd appreciate any input and shall keep looking at all the builds here.

Thank you
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Welcome and welcome to the land of compromise. No one can understand why Ford does what it does with packages. Crazy indeed. No cold weather package....got to go Lux on something to get heated steering wheel. Duh.

Most of us started with our best hoped for unit....saw the price and then started compromising. That squatch pack will set you back 5k...for stuff you don't want or need other than the look you like.

And then most of us end up looking for the deal-breakers either way. What are you unwilling to live without? What are you willing to live without. For many of us, the BD or OBX are quite fine vehicles. For me, the BD had to be because I refused to pay what they want for leather seats, but don't want cloth anymore. That was the deal breaker that narrowed my choices.

And then, if you want a soft top, you'll need to go 4 door for now, I think...

Good luck.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

or may dealerships have more flexibility in configuring one?
The answer is probably not. online B&P isn't always 100% accurate with every option, but I'd venture a guess it's 100% accurate with the packages and their contents.

5k is a lot of money for big wheels and tires if they are only for looks, unless you consider resale as well. 2nd and 3rd owners will put value on lockers

If you want 35" tires, you're probably going to spend 3k in wheels and tires alone. so from my perspective an extra 2k on front and rear lockers, better suspension, stronger differentials, and a factory lift is a bargain. Especially when you'll recoup some of that money when you're ready to get rid of it. Even more so if you trade it in! 35" aftermarket tires add $0 value to most dealers, but sas package definitely boost the trade value. Granted with this type of vehicle trading it in is probably going to be leaving a lot of money on the table, but even private party sales will prefer stock to owner modified. No one wants to inherit someone else's potentially shoddy work if they can avoid it.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Truck will drive worse if you add 35’s and don’t re-gear. Will also drive worse if you put a lift on that isn’t engineered and tested well/doesn’t come with good coilovers. (Currently available lifts meet this description, no good lift kits avail yet).

Considering the cost of even a crappy lift plus wheels, tires and install, you’re approaching Sasquatch price. Sasquatch gets what you want from the factory, plus a lot more. Your truck will keep more of its value, ride better esp on the road and have the suspension warrantied. Really a no-brainer IMO, if you want 35’s.

The real question here is do you want 35’s. If you want 35’s and are good with quality of life compromises that come with it esp if you’re not really gonna take it offroad, then go Sasquatch.

OTOH if you just want a slightly beefier look, and are going BD, I think those can fit 33’s. Check around here I think there are a few recent threads of people fitting 33’s on non-sq, non-badlands trucks. IMO you’d be fine to go up an inch on tire size on the stock Black Diamond running gear.

VegasJason

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley 04 FLHRSI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi guys, I've just recently joined the forum as I'm in the market for a new car. The old Audi S5 convertible has become a bottomless pit and needs to go. I've had a 2010 Wrangler Unlimited and liked it but do like the Bronco's looks a lot better and so I am considering ordering one.

It'll mostly see city driving (I'm in Grand Rapids, MI) and some highway cruising. Don't think it'll see much true off road use to be honest. I do like the look of the car with the Sasquatch package a lot better due to the bigger wheels and it sitting higher, however, do I really need the bigger rear end? I don't intend to tow anything and it's really the looks of the bigger wheels and it sitting higher that I want. I have no experience with mods like lift kits and what have you. Would it best to just get it with the Sasquatch package or just get a lift kit and wheels later, though that would likely cost a penny too and I'd be sitting on the original wheels and tires then. I did want the 2.7 l engine. As for the rest it seems that I'll have to get certain packages to for example get the better stereo system in it. I've played around with the online configurator and all too often it has told me that a certain option is only available in a package. I assume the packages are what they are and I'll have to live with that. Is that correct or may dealerships have more flexibility in configuring one? I'd appreciate any input and shall keep looking at all the builds here.

Thank you
Welcome to the community friend! I can’t add too much to this conversation, but I can give you my uneducated hot take.
If it’s looks you’re going for over function. Save the money on the Sasquatch package, and just lift the bad boy. But if you’re taking her off road, and the Sasquatch package is what you want, do that.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Truck will drive worse if you add 35’s and don’t re-gear. Will also drive worse if you put a lift on that isn’t engineered and tested well/doesn’t come with good coilovers. (Currently available lifts meet this description, no good lift kits avail yet).

Considering the cost of even a crappy lift plus wheels, tires and install, you’re approaching Sasquatch price. Sasquatch gets what you want from the factory, plus a lot more. Your truck will keep more of its value, ride better esp on the road and have the suspension warrantied. Really a no-brainer IMO, if you want 35’s.

The real question here is do you want 35’s. If you want 35’s and are good with quality of life compromises that come with it esp if you’re not really gonna take it offroad, then go Sasquatch.

OTOH if you just want a slightly beefier look, and are going BD, I think those can fit 33’s. Check around here I think there are a few recent threads of people fitting 33’s on non-sq, non-badlands trucks. IMO you’d be fine to go up an inch on tire size on the stock Black Diamond running gear.
Yep, confirmed many times that 33's work fine. When my 32's expire, I'll consider it....if I ever get my truck.
Sponsored