Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was looking at some info on the next gen ranger tonight and I am sort of confused about when it will launch. Since the Bronco is slated to begin production shortly and the next gen ranger shares a platform, doesn’t that mean the 2022 ranger will be the new generation? All the ranger centric websites point to the 6th gen ranger as a 2023 model which will launch in late 2022. Does this make any sense? Why would Ford roll two platforms out of the same factory for 2022 model year?
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"You had me at hello"

But seriously though, ok maybe not, of but but a Ranger from Albert and Zach would we be buying a Granger Ranger?

"Calling @Rick Astley for his Ranger input. Have you any factual tidbits to share?"

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The ranger site might have some info on this too.
Why? I will venture a guess. It was planned to roll out then, Covid has threw a monkey wrench in plans but they are trying to stick to the plan. Parts rollout may be underway. Eventually they will run out of the old model parts and the new model parts will start arriving. Also the two platforms may share a certain percentage of common parts so it makes keeping track of a multitude of parts less cumbersome. These are all guesses on my part and I am in IT but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night :)

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone is pretending the Bronco is a clean sheet design and the 2023 Ranger will be based on the Bronco. The reality, the Bronco is an evolution of the current Ranger and the “new” Ranger will be based on the evolution, including the Bronco. That’s not a criticism, We have a 2020 Ranger in our family stable and it’s excellent. The Bronco adds the 2.7 and a lot of suspension engineering. All good and all driving improvements in the Ranger and Bronco models..
Sponsored