First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I didn't realize id have a break in period for this so I am advised to keep it under 60 mph and to only drive it for 1 hour intervals with at least an hour in between to cool down for a total of 500 miles.
Nice!
I guess it'll be a little while before we know if 6th is usable on the interstate.. 😂

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice!
I guess it'll be a little while before we know if 6th is usable on the interstate.. 😂
I'll try and get a bunch knocked out this weekend so I can start driving like normal.. til then I'll be the guy "driving real slow in the ultra fast lane"

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
5.29 gears for true 37” tires is still a wee bit taller than my non SAS Badlands on the stock 285 (32.5”) tires with 4.7 gears . I guess I’m used to first being a pretty short.
You should be turning the same highway RPM’s as this of us with stock non SAS Badlands.

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5.29 gears for true 37” tires is still a wee bit taller than my non SAS Badlands on the stock 285 (32.5”) tires with 4.7 gears . I guess I’m used to first being a pretty short.
You should be turning the same highway RPM’s as this of us with stock non SAS Badlands.
Yup, non SAS manual Badlands is what I have. @Tricky Mike confirmed the specs that I later learned to do: 37÷33×4.7 = ~5.27.

390 miles to go until I can drive it like normal but so far it feeling great. Accidentally went 70+ in 5th and it was fine. I'll know for sure if I regret not going up to 5.38 once I can take it to 80mph

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, non SAS manual Badlands is what I have. @Tricky Mike confirmed the specs that I later learned to do: 37÷33×4.7 = ~5.27.

390 miles to go until I can drive it like normal but so far it feeling great. Accidentally went 70+ in 5th and it was fine. I'll know for sure if I regret not going up to 5.38 once I can take it to 80mph
I can't wait to do mine now, getting that original grunt back will be amazing.

I'm not sure you'll even be able to feel 0.09 more gearing. This kit is a winner.

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't wait to do mine now, getting that original grunt back will be amazing.

I'm not sure you'll even be able to feel 0.09 more gearing. This kit is a winner.
Let me know if there's any stats you're interested in like rpms and certain gears or miles per hour etc.

I'll be driving around all damn day with college football bets all over 😁

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me know if there's any stats you're interested in like rpms and certain gears or miles per hour etc.

I'll be driving around all damn day with college football bets all over 😁
I think I have it all sorted mathematically but thanks.

Sponsored

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This Nitro Kit is legit. Zero complaints after break in period and I am the type to not recommend an upgrade if I don't see the value.

I typically drive 80 on the highway and have no issues getting to that speed and maintaining it. Never usually go over 80.

Ford Bronco Nitro Gear 5.29 ring and pinion: Feedback wanted 20231027_182105

coffeetwitch

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@ryannshit
you did the nitro 5.29 gear swap into a standard m210 locking fdu? no fitment issues or modifying?

in your opinion, or otherwise, would 5.29 be too much on 35's. i bump 80 in the morning rush to work, but fastest i go is 75 on road trips and usually 65-70 everyday driving. currently 6th is pointless for me on 4.46 gears. going from bb 255/75 to 35's was fine but once i put skids plates on it got noticeably sluggish.

using gear calculators online 5.29 would suit my driving daily.

after living with 6th being pointless i think i would rather have 6th and the lower gears for off road now that im going more often.

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@ryannshit
you did the nitro 5.29 gear swap into a standard m210 locking fdu? no fitment issues or modifying?

in your opinion, or otherwise, would 5.29 be too much on 35's. i bump 80 in the morning rush to work, but fastest i go is 75 on road trips and usually 65-70 everyday driving. currently 6th is pointless for me on 4.46 gears. going from bb 255/75 to 35's was fine but once i put skids plates on it got noticeably sluggish.

using gear calculators online 5.29 would suit my driving daily.

after living with 6th being pointless i think i would rather have 6th and the lower gears for off road now that im going more often.
I think you'd be totally happy with the kit. And yes 5.29 on the m210 with the lockers installed fine.

Pretty confident 5.38 for my setup with 37s would work well too