Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

SOOOO a couple rumors floating about that I shouldn't be surprised about given this shit show of a launch by Ford. So before I lose my proverbial shit over this - I need my NY/NJ/PA crew to walk me off the ledge.

Here goes - according to the gang at Brewster I will be in the next allocation for my Raptor (F-ing GREAT right?) You'd think so. This probably puts me into a Sept build and an Oct/Nov delivery for a 22.

Apparently some rumors floating about 23 colors - and like Slim Shady once said - guess who's back - Anti-Matter Blue. Add to that the potential for Black Painted Mod top for 23 and you can all see where this is going in my head.

Now I am pondering waiting for order guide to come out and if AMB and Mod Top are available (like immediately available - none of this late availability bullshit) Do I just wait the extra month or so and get a 23 Raptor in the original colors I wanted from the very beginning.

As simple as an answer as this could be - I'm struggling with it:

the 22 Code Orange will be a Ford Perf color only and I'm happy with it (I think)
It will also be much more rare (not looking to make this an investment vehicle - but long term resale is also nice to hold a little extra value) but it is a first EVER Bronco Raptor.
Not a fan of the MIC top and the pop out windows of the modular make for a much more secure strapping point for the garage/top hoist

the 23 if AMB and Mod - would be EXACTLY how I want it (I'd lose Rhapsody blue interior as it doesn't really match then- but I'm ok with that) There's risk that Ford changes the rules again and says oh wait -that's now late availability, or yeah that color palette was just a place holder AMB not coming back.

I'd have an early 23 which I'm not sure what that accounts for other than it feels better. Code orange ratio of raptors will probably be more than AMB to "regular" Broncos - So even though it's a full model range color - it'll still be rare - and I'm not sure I care that some people may make the comparison.

The only other thing that would put me over the edge is color matched flares - if Ford somehow figured out how to get them painted in the next round.

Not sure where this will go - but I'd appreciate any thoughts

Knowing that Raptors don't really follow the regular scheduling timeframes...do I:

Pull it and wait for the 23 order guide? Risking missing the allocation schedule window and risking not knowing if and when 23 Raptors will start running thru the line.
Leave it and if I get scheduled before order guide - just take the 22 and run?
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tough one
I saw AMB in the '23 color thread and thought of you :)
Get the '22 and trade for a '23 or '24?

I like the black and green best so far on the Raptor, probably because they hide the flares best. I bet AMB would look great.

I've been warming up to AMB and take back all those awful things I said about it. It really is a great color.

I'm not sure how much longer I could wait for a Bronco. Waiting for the '23 seems like it would add at least another 6 months.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
SOOOO a couple rumors floating about that I shouldn't be surprised about given this shit show of a launch by Ford. So before I lose my proverbial shit over this - I need my NY/NJ/PA crew to walk me off the ledge.

Here goes - according to the gang at Brewster I will be in the next allocation for my Raptor (F-ing GREAT right?) You'd think so. This probably puts me into a Sept build and an Oct/Nov delivery for a 22.

Apparently some rumors floating about 23 colors - and like Slim Shady once said - guess who's back - Anti-Matter Blue. Add to that the potential for Black Painted Mod top for 23 and you can all see where this is going in my head.

Now I am pondering waiting for order guide to come out and if AMB and Mod Top are available (like immediately available - none of this late availability bullshit) Do I just wait the extra month or so and get a 23 Raptor in the original colors I wanted from the very beginning.

the 22 Code Orange will be a Ford Perf color only and I'm happy with it (I think)
It will also be much more rare (not looking to make this an investment vehicle - but long term resale is also nice to hold a little extra value) but it is a first EVER Bronco Raptor.
Not a fan of the MIC top and the pop out windows of the modular make for a much more secure strapping point for the garage/top hoist

the 23 if AMB and Mod - would be EXACTLY how I want it (I'd lose Rhapsody blue interior as it doesn't really match then- but I'm ok with that) There's risk that Ford changes the rules again and says oh wait -that's now late availability, or yeah that color palette was just a place holder AMB not coming back.

I'd have an early 23 which I'm not sure what that accounts for other than it feels better. Code orange ratio of raptors will probably be more than AMB to "regular" Broncos - So even though it's a full model range color - it'll still be rare - and I'm not sure I care that some people may make the comparison.

The only other thing that would put me over the edge is color matched flares - if Ford somehow figured out how to get them painted in the next round.

Knowing that Raptors don't really follow the regular scheduling timeframes...do I:

Pull it and wait for the 23 order guide? Risking missing the allocation schedule window and risking not knowing if and when 23 Raptors will start running thru the line.
Keep your order, sell for profit if the features or colors you want actually come out ? If Ford won't let you sell it by contract they may let you trade it. Also, anyone have a spare 15k ?

PXL_20220723_134802993.jpg

robtraut

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I don’t have the Raptor factor to consider. In my particular case, it should be a no brainer to 99 my order and wait for AMB in 23. That’s IF it’s really back. Given my complete and utter lack of faith in Ford, I feel like more likely outcome is I’d pause my order, be taken out of the allocation pool, then they don’t actually bring it back, and I’ve wasted more time.

in your case, I’d say take the sure-ish thing. Raptor is scheduled. Go with it.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t have the Raptor factor to consider. In my particular case, it should be a no brainer to 99 my order and wait for AMB in 23. That’s IF it’s really back. Given my complete and utter lack of faith in Ford, I feel like more likely outcome is I’d pause my order, be taken out of the allocation pool, then they don’t actually bring it back, and I’ve wasted more time.

in your case, I’d say take the sure-ish thing. Raptor is scheduled. Go with it.

I feel your pain Rob. I just had this EXACT conversation with my wife this morning. My reservation is Aug 19, 2020 (not quite 2 years, yet). 2DR Basesquatch 2.7 at a low volume dealer. It was originally an AMB order. See where I am going with this?????

I was thinking maybe if I change the order to a 23 when the order blanks open and get it "in the pool" early, it there a better chance of it being built?? :) ......or end up being another year because of the low volume dealer??? :(

........or do I just leave it in the 22 pool for the last of the scheduling in hopes of getting it built. I don't want to miss out on the chance it would get pulled (dealer allocation), and then have to start all over again. I can easy enough send to the body shop and get it squirted with AMB, what I planned on doing anyway, but would be nice not to spend the time/money to do it. I was thinking a jump on 23MY might be better. I waited it out last year and look where it got me. :cautious: Nowhere.

No scheduling next week. So I don't know if there will be any more before the blanks open. Either way the order blanks open in a couple of weeks so I will have to figure out a plan of action. 😁

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

SOOOO
If Ford does release 2023 specs on or about Aug 15, 99'ing it now until then may not make much of a difference. Your gamble would be whether or not it could be scheduled during these next 3 weeks.
The plan would backfire if Ford delays the '23 spec reveal much beyond that date.
It may be worth 99'ing it for 3 weeks to see what '23 brings.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Whew... that was a lot to take in... but I think I have your solution......

Get a MY '22 Raptor in RACE RED!!! :love::love::love:

Give me the hard top and .... well I haven't thought past that yet... sorry 🤷‍♂️

Rob1135ny

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Keep your order, sell for profit if the features or colors you want actually come out ? If Ford won't let you sell it by contract they may let you trade it. Also, anyone have a spare 15k ?

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? PXL_20220723_134802993
I drove by them on Friday they had 5 Broncos…. That’s fing nuts 15k

Sponsored

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe I should go trade in the Jeep and when they give me the numbers on the trade …. I say add 15k to that for market adjustment
Hey try it! They had a 2020 jlu Sahara mojito with 38k on it for 42k.... Anything is possible.

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush. Yeah take the Raptor and run. I wouldn’t trust AMB is a go(but haven’t kept up too much with that thread) and I wouldn’t bet the dollar and lint in my pocket the mod top is a go for the start of 23 let alone “late availability”.

Ducky

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Like everyone is saying, I would take the 22 and run. I know it's less than 3 weeks for the 23 order banks to open, but even if AMB becomes available, I wonder if I would trust Ford to have the Mod top available right away. Worst case is to get the 22 and in a couple years the resale value "should" (if the F150 Raptor is any indication) hold its value.
"
Sponsored