Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

shua7

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Explorer Sport-Trac, 2021 OBX Lux MIC 2.0
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
anyone using gas other than regular?

I had a turbo in my Saab and it required octane 90 or higher.

I checked the manual and it says octane 87 or higher. But just getting the pulse of the people.
Just filled up for the first time this morning with Wawa Premium (91).
Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just filled up for the first time this morning with Wawa Premium (91).
Yeah, once everything settles down, I won't really be filling up all that often, so thinking I might go 91 or higher.

although, I will say. I hate wawa gas and try to avoid it at all costs. I'd fill up with 91 at Wawa on my Saab (granted, it was an '08) and it ran rough. Took me a bit to figure it out, but I started filling up with anything other than, and it'd run great. So after that I do my best to avoid Wawa gas unless I have no other choice. No issues with it in the Tahoe, but man, my Saab did not like it.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
ok, I'm researching fog lights more now that I actually have the Bronco...

So for those of you that have installed them. (I'm looking at you @mds5917 & @Designkid ) which kits did you go with? what combo of lights?

Is there a reason the Baja Designs are so much more expensive than the Diode Dynamics?

Was looking to pick some up from these guys:
DD: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...-w-kr-off-road-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/
BD: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-d...-w-kr-off-road-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/

some great tips helped me get my BD fogs programmed through the switch I replaced on the Badlands so I did not take up an upfitter for it
what switch do you speak of?

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So for those of you that have installed them. (I'm looking at you @mds5917 & @Designkid ) which kits did you go with? what combo of lights?

Is there a reason the Baja Designs are so much more expensive than the Diode Dynamics?

DD: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...-w-kr-off-road-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/
BD: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-d...-w-kr-off-road-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/

4x4 truck leds seems like a good place.

If you have the mod bumper with front sensors, the factory fog light wiring harness is probably there. You can install a new interior light switch that includes the fog light switch, enable fog lights in ForScan, and wire them to the factory harness.
From the other thread, it seems like you can enable the corning feature which should light up the inside fog light when turning the wheel past some per-determined angle. I think/hope.

BD supposedly picked their colors from feedback with racers. Nice, if true.

DD claims higher output. Their patterns look better than BD, but that is from DD's marketing (pictures).

Sponsored

Bronco55

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion, 2007 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

anyone figure out a fix for the mirror whistle? Just noticed on mine it’s loud at high speeds with the window down

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be honest, only the BajaDesigns one was available when I bought mine but probably still would have gone with them now. They're really nice quality and had them on my Taco for a few years without any issues. More than bright enough that even running the SAE ones, I'd get flashed. Then I'd turn on the really bright ones to show em what bright is 😂

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You youngsters crack me up, I've known that since 1987....may have even got me out of a ticket or two....
"oh damn, yeah I just put bigger tires on officer, would that mess up my speedometer? 🤷‍♂️" 😁

My problem here is, this is 35's from the factory, did the geniuses at MAP fuck up the calibration? 🤬
I think most cars are shall we say generous at their depiction of speed vs actual. I tend to always see on the speedo 2-3 mph over my actual clocked speed.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

right. that's what I was thinking.

My wife was more the 'you need to do this' vs me. But that's also who she is compared to me.
The 45 golden saber JHP to the forehead is my deterrent.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
anyone figure out a fix for the mirror whistle? Just noticed on mine it’s loud at high speeds with the window down
So annoying. Even my wife noticed it on like the second ride we took.

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So annoying. Even my wife noticed it on like the second ride we took.
When that happened with the antenna they added a thin raised wrap to it...wonder if there is a sweet spot on the mirror to add a winglet of some sort to disrupt the airflow where the whistle is being generated.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
4x4 truck leds seems like a good place.

If you have the mod bumper with front sensors, the factory fog light wiring harness is probably there. You can install a new interior light switch that includes the fog light switch, enable fog lights in ForScan, and wire them to the factory harness.
From the other thread, it seems like you can enable the corning feature which should light up the inside fog light when turning the wheel past some per-determined angle. I think/hope.

BD supposedly picked their colors from feedback with racers. Nice, if true.

DD claims higher output. Their patterns look better than BD, but that is from DD's marketing (pictures).
I have the mod bumper with I'd assume front sensors since I have mid package and it alerts me when I get too close to things.

But I don't see any fog switch or where what would be a fog switch. (Dummy switch)

I don't mind using up the aux switches. Not sure I could come up with 5 different things for them to use anyway.

The thing is I really only have use for 1 fog light that I'll be using when it's snowing or foggy or whatever. So the 2 extra lights are overkill. So just trying to justify the cost, when I really only want 1 light. Maybe over time someone will create a bracket that only holds one. But right now they're trying to make the most they can while they can. Which I get...

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When that happened with the antenna they added a thin raised wrap to it...wonder if there is a sweet spot on the mirror to add a winglet of some sort to disrupt the airflow where the whistle is being generated.
Yeah. I was thinking the same. Gotta just pinpoint what is causing the whistling and then see how to cover it up.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

check out this thread

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/

i got the BD as they were only game in town then for Mod bumper. best deal was 4x4trucklights.com. b6g discount.

poconochris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah. I was thinking the same. Gotta just pinpoint what is causing the whistling and then see how to cover it up.
You can remove the antenna to eliminate it as a cause
Sponsored