targas

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm trying to decide between Chalmers and Power Ford. Seems like both will honor the plans and no ADM. The only cars I've purchased recently are Honda's because I don't want to play the games that the American dealers like to play.
Sponsored

OP
OP
elmystico

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm trying to decide between Chalmers and Power Ford. Seems like both will honor the plans and no ADM. The only cars I've purchased recently are Honda's because I don't want to play the games that the American dealers like to play.
FWIW: If I stay local, I am going to go with Chalmers. I spoke with one of their sales managers a few weeks ago, a guy who is a very good friend of my neighbor. He said they do not force any extra add-ons down buyer's throats, won't be adding any markup beyond MSRP, and will honor X-Plan pricing. What he said and the way they handle the finance portion of a purchase gave me a good vibe about the dealer, in fact exactly the opposite vibe I got from Capitol in Santa Fe. All that said, I am still unsure of what I will do. If the Texas group buy effort pans out close enough to me, I may go that way. I may also go with Granger, just based on my excellent experiences with Albert on this site.

targas

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a bad plan, I was thinking about traveling to Odessa, TX since that is fairly close.

I would do Granger if they weren't so far away....

Hopefully we'll get some clarity when B&P actually gets released.

I still have not heard from anyone since I made my reservation.

OP
OP
elmystico

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a bad plan, I was thinking about traveling to Odessa, TX since that is fairly close.

I would do Granger if they weren't so far away....

Hopefully we'll get some clarity when B&P actually gets released.

I still have not heard from anyone since I made my reservation.
The Texas group buy is nearing its decision on a dealer, AFAIK. If they were going through Midland/Odessa, I would be ecstatic since it's only 6 hours away from me. But it's not central to most of the Texas residents of course, who are largely on the I-35/I-45 corridor. I think they are homing in on a DFW-area dealer. My wife has family in North Texas/East Texas that makes it easy for me to buy through a dealer there if that's how the group goes. Good to have options.

OP
OP
elmystico

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI for folks in northern/central New Mexico, there is a Colorado Group Buy effort now with Granger in Iowa. Vehicles will be truck shipped to the Denver area for pickup.

See details here.

Sponsored

targas

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI for folks in northern/central New Mexico, there is a Colorado Group Buy effort now with Granger in Iowa. Vehicles will be truck shipped to the Denver area for pickup.

See details here.
That is also doable, Odessa or Denver, both close.

OP
OP
elmystico

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Given that the Granger discount in CO ($1300 with X-Plan) would be reduced by $425 for the shipping from Iowa to Denver, and Odessa isn't that much different for gas (at least for me), what makes Sewell an attractive deal for you?

targas

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Given that the Granger discount in CO ($1300 with X-Plan) would be reduced by $425 for the shipping from Iowa to Denver, and Odessa isn't that much different for gas (at least for me), what makes Sewell an attractive deal for you?
Nothing really, I think Granger is the best option at this point.

srotier

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 2 Door; 2017 Dodge Durango GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thankful for the simplicity of X-Plan, but not everyone has that option. Based on their "whatever" attitude, I'm not planning to stay with Capitol. Hoping for better deals in ABQ or neighboring states.
For $25, a yearlong membership to Mustang Club of America, everyone DOES have that option...

nmpap

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
New Mexico Hello-

Good morning all!

Need to gain your insight on the correct steps to follow to purchase a Ford Bronco with X plan pricing.
I have started a Ford account but have not paid my $100. Thanks in Advance..

Sponsored
OP
OP
elmystico

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New Mexico Hello-

Good morning all!

Need to gain your insight on the correct steps to follow to purchase a Ford Bronco with X plan pricing.
I have started a Ford account but have not paid my $100. Thanks in Advance..
Head over to Ford's website and reserve your trim of choice, and Ford will gladly take your $100. Your reservation should then show up in your Ford account. To generate an X-Plan PIN, which is good for 12 months and you will need to give to the dealer at the time of purchase, there are a few options:
  1. Sign up for Mustang Club of America membership for $25 and wait 2 months to become eligible to generate a PIN on the MCA website
  2. Check if your employer is a Ford partner, and if so, you can generate a PIN now
  3. If you are a Veterans Advantage member, you can generate a PIN right now
  4. Or you have owned at least 100 shares of Ford stock for six months or more, you can send proof of ownership to Ford and they will send you a PIN
Do a lot of research here to decide which dealer you want to take delivery from. You can change the dealer that Ford automatically assigns you when you reserve ONCE before Oct. 31. Choose wisely and good luck :)

nmpap

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
FWIW: If I stay local, I am going to go with Chalmers. I spoke with one of their sales managers a few weeks ago, a guy who is a very good friend of my neighbor. He said they do not force any extra add-ons down buyer's throats, won't be adding any markup beyond MSRP, and will honor X-Plan pricing. What he said and the way they handle the finance portion of a purchase gave me a good vibe about the dealer, in fact exactly the opposite vibe I got from Capitol in Santa Fe. All that said, I am still unsure of what I will do. If the Texas group buy effort pans out close enough to me, I may go that way. I may also go with Granger, just based on my excellent experiences with Albert on this site.

So is Chalmers is the best bet here in NM?

OP
OP
elmystico

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So is Chalmers is the best bet here in NM?
Possibly, but X-Plan is the key. It sets the baseline of expectations and a trusted sales manager at Chalmers has told me they will play fair if I bring X-Plan to them. Texas or Colorado group buys are strong options for me up her in Northern NM.

OP
OP
elmystico

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many more states do have income tax than don't. But I've lived in two of the 9 that don't, and it does make a difference.
Sponsored