Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 GMC Envoy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco No ACC Stop and Go? 1622984949389

I believe ADA is where the lane centering tech comes in. From other reviews I've read, it will essentially self drive on a highway around curves and everything, in stop and go traffic, etc. Perhaps I should enjoy driving the Bronco myself since who knows what my next new vehicle in 10+ years (fingers crossed) will look like. Don't exactly love the idea of a camera looking at me while I drive to make sure I'm paying attention... so many 1984 implications.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Streetfish

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to clarify, ADA is the hands free driving currently only offered on F-150 and Mach-E. The extra sensors are solely for that.

The Stop & Go and Lane Centering still only use the camera in the windshield and the radar in the lower grille. To say the technology isn’t current would be a mistake. I cannot say for certain it will be coming but it is capable the setting is just disabled at the moment. Future software updates hopefully will address this.
Lane centering requires sensors in each corner of the front bumper to watch the lane markers so I understand why that would be a challenge with the bronco bumpers, removable end caps, etc. But I think stop and go just needs the camera and center radar module which bronco has. I mean, bronco has the emergency braking feature so it should be the same thing. So why they wouldn't implement not is beyond me

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Owners manual confirmed no stop an go. Pretty lame we get 5 year old tech in a 2021
You mean the feature I disabled day 1 of ownership on both my f150 & wife’s grand cherokee?

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm holding out hope that we can Forscan-enable stopngo. The hardware is all present on Lux package -- radar for when at speed, camera for low speed, and brake support.

The only possible thing I could see is if the IPC firmware lacks support, but why the hell would Ford make that decision? The Bronco getting a unique IPC really throws a wrench in the works.

Maybe 2023 will add it and we can flash it into older models. Likewise, 2013 Fords had unicorn IPCs with extra features that were removed in 2014 firmware, so who knows what changes can happen.

Ford, enough with the MY2026 concepts and EV and Warthog and crap, just give us a damn straight answer on these things. Does the Bronco have this major feature available on other Ford vehicles including the Sport, and if not, why not?

Sponsored

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Discovered this yesterday. For my style of commuting ACC S&G is a prerequisite. Luckily I have two reservations and can wait until 2023 if needed hoping Ford adds the option.
Center lane would be appreciated but not necessary.

Does seem odd that it appears Ford incorporated collision avoidance (has saved my life once already) yet excludes S&G.

Broncadonk MKG

Black Diamond
First Name
Mikayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I used to work for Ford, as a salesman.
ACC is for highway/freeway driving, not low-speed stop&go conditions. It will slow you down if it’s activated, and the person in front of you is driving slower than your cruise control speed setting. If they speed up or if you pass them, the car will speed up to the set CC speed. It’s essentially a beta version of Tesla’s Autopilot or GM’s SuperCruise. It definitely makes long distance driving more comfortable, but due to government limitations, it cannot be marketed/ perform as full autopilot without several more failsafes. Autopilot and SuperCruise have an IR camera that monitor the driver’s attentiveness. With that said, ACC will remind you to put your hands on the wheel every few seconds and give you a “take a rest break” warning notification if it observes a pattern of inattentiveness. The copilot 360 with Lane Keep is on Ford’s mid packages, and that’s what I’ll have on my BD. It’s pretty handy for Highway driving but will not actively keep you centered in the lanes like ACC will. Instead, it just flashes that you’re drifting out of the lane and will pull you back into the lane if you don’t immediately do it yourself.

not sure if anyone else covered this or not… I’m just throwing in my 2 cents without reading prior comments.

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to work for Ford, as a salesman.
ACC is for highway/freeway driving, not low-speed stop&go conditions. It will slow you down if it’s activated, and the person in front of you is driving slower than your cruise control speed setting. If they speed up or if you pass them, the car will speed up to the set CC speed. It’s essentially a beta version of Tesla’s Autopilot or GM’s SuperCruise. It definitely makes long distance driving more comfortable, but due to government limitations, it cannot be marketed/ perform as full autopilot without several more failsafes. Autopilot and SuperCruise have an IR camera that monitor the driver’s attentiveness. With that said, ACC will remind you to put your hands on the wheel every few seconds and give you a “take a rest break” warning notification if it observes a pattern of inattentiveness. The copilot 360 with Lane Keep is on Ford’s mid packages, and that’s what I’ll have on my BD. It’s pretty handy for Highway driving but will not actively keep you centered in the lanes like ACC will. Instead, it just flashes that you’re drifting out of the lane and will pull you back into the lane if you don’t immediately do it yourself.

not sure if anyone else covered this or not… I’m just throwing in my 2 cents without reading prior comments.
Since ACC is only available in the Lux then what exactly are you getting in the Mid? Just regular cruise control.
BTW, I use ACC and love it in stop & go because I can just inch my way along with the congestion vs constantly accelerating and breaking. I can also just ride the gas pedal as it will stop when I let go if I’m too close. Has also saved my butt a few times when traffic in front suddenly stopped or an idiot cut me off. Granted that’s collision avoidance but also only part of ACC normally. Not sure if included without

jheiland

Badlands
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
124 Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hope this helps, I just got my 2023 Badlands with LUX. The adaptive cruise works down to 10 mph in traffic but disengages at 9 mph with a quiet chime and orange flash on the dash telling the driver it's all up to you now. In FORSCAN, the module shows that you can change to stop & go but after giving it a shot, it is incompatible (at least so far) and cruise control becomes unavailable with dash warnings. I changed it back to as-builts and all is fine. We shall see...

Sponsored

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I love ACC and use it all the time. However, my Bimmer also has stop and go and tbh I don't use it. It takes too long after the car in front of me takes off for acceleration on my end to kick in, like to the point that I feel the person behind me is probably about ready to lay on their horn.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hope this helps, I just got my 2023 Badlands with LUX. The adaptive cruise works down to 10 mph in traffic but disengages at 9 mph with a quiet chime and orange flash on the dash telling the driver it's all up to you now. In FORSCAN, the module shows that you can change to stop & go but after giving it a shot, it is incompatible (at least so far) and cruise control becomes unavailable with dash warnings. I changed it back to as-builts and all is fine. We shall see...
Gonna ignore the fact that this thread is 18+ months old...

An engineer for Ford who was also a member here was able to activate true Stop and Go. It required some additional programming (more than a few module toggles in FORScan) but not sure if it required additional hardware. The procedure was not shared here for obvious liability reasons. The member and all his posts have since been memory holed at the presumed direction of Ford.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Gonna ignore the fact that this thread is 18+ months old...

An engineer for Ford who was also a member here was able to activate true Stop and Go. It required some additional programming (more than a few module toggles in FORScan) but not sure if it required additional hardware. The procedure was not shared here for obvious liability reasons. The member and all his posts have since been memory holed at the presumed direction of Ford.
No additional hardware. Everything needed for it to work is there in the bronco, except the software. I had some DMs with him about it, basically he used FDRS to reprogram some modules with F150 or explorer firmware, then forscan for the rest.

jheiland

Badlands
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
124 Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would to DM him 😇 can you help