Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Why do you need a 2.7 in the Midwest, like there are any hills around….
Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is getting strung out too long and with no compensation. "Free roof and price locked in". I go on the build and price and a year later Head Liner and price for my build is the same for anyone who signs up today. The only compensation is for those that order soft top these will be pre-wired staring September. But your hardtop will cost you more to ship it later in 2023. Yes the E-mail we got said 2023. "We anticipate accessory hardtops will be available in 2023 calendar year". So what compensation did we get? I've yet to see one Bronco on the road and most dealers have only have mannequins. With the hardtop problem is FORD still going to be able to run at full capacity with Soft-tops and get these done and out of the way. Probably not because I bet those are limited and production is such to only supply so many per month. I ordered a BB 2.7 MIC. So I have 2 constraints. a V6 a must and living in Midwest got to have a hardtop. I was considering switching to a Soft-top and taking a Hardtop later but could not get a cost and even Ford said expensive to ship. Ford said if you want both tops to order you Bronco at least with a MIC top from factory. This summer is gone and I only hope to get delivery by June 2022 so I can drive it next summer. YOU NUMBER GUYS how many Broncos do expect to be built per month? Or by June 2022 when most of us want our Bronco.

F'n entitled generation. Unbelievable....... :cautious:

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
F'n entitled generation. Unbelievable....... :cautious:
A big part of the matter is that we are living in the age of Amazon.com and excellent customer service, oh and Karens (who historically aren't millennial or gen Zs). The social conscious is changing when it comes to these kinds of things.

Yes some people are entitled or appear to be, but they're products of their environment. They've been taught to expect compensation for inconvenience

(I'm not advocating for the behavior, just pushing back a bit on it being a strictly generational thing)

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

A big part of the matter is that we are living in the age of Amazon.com and excellent customer service, oh and Karens (who historically aren't millennial or gen Zs). The social conscious is changing when it comes to these kinds of things.

Yes some people are entitled or appear to be, but they're products of their environment. They've been taught to expect compensation for inconvenience

(I'm not advocating for the behavior, just pushing back a bit on it being a strictly generational thing)
I get your point, though I disagree with parts of your response. Saying that they were taught that behavior, rather than saying they are responsible for their own actions and decisions pretty much makes my point.

Who taught them, their parents? Don't think so.

I do get that it isn't just a generational thing.....and Amazon etc.

OP
OP
RoadKiller

RoadKiller

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk-Wife gets new and I get left over
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why do you need a 2.7 in the Midwest, like there are any hills around….
I plan on holding. I believe V6 will last longer than 4. Being from Midwest I’m a flat lander. That’s why I didn’t need options for off roading.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I get your point, though I disagree with parts of your response. Saying that they were taught that behavior, rather than saying they are responsible for their own actions and decisions pretty much makes my point.

Who taught them, their parents? Don't think so.

I do get that it isn't just a generational thing.....and Amazon etc.
Thinking about my young children, I can say that I am not directly teaching them all of their behavior but not only am I indirectly teaching them by my own example, but as a parent I am responsible for intervening in bad behavior and trying to teach them better. Part of it is from their ambient environment and part of it comes directly from their parents. It's then up to the individual to learn, grow, and act accordingly.

In the example of my generation (born in the early '80s), we were given participation ribbons to entice us to be more active in a move by our collective parents to counteract the draw of video games. We certainly didn't choose to have them given to us nor did we choose the messaging that came with them, but as we grew up we needed to recognize the debaucle for what it was and grow our way out of whatever negative effects it may have had. Some took longer than others.

I also find it quite amusing that every successive generation whines about how the succeeding one to theirs is the worst/most entiteld/whiniest in history.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
as stupid as all of this is, it seems this is the way things are going in terms of this reservation model- I remember when the model 3 was a really long time from reservation to deliveries. now the cybertruck and the hummer ev are doing the same thing. i guess these companies have figured out they can collect tens of millions from people 18 months ahead of delivery and then figure it all out over time.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

as stupid as all of this is, it seems this is the way things are going in terms of this reservation model- I remember when the model 3 was a really long time from reservation to deliveries. now the cybertruck and the hummer ev are doing the same thing. i guess these companies have figured out they can collect tens of millions from people 18 months ahead of delivery and then figure it all out over time.
The $100 deposit on Broncos may not seem like much but added up to over $15M, depending on what you belive for the actual number of reservations. I think they all went directly to the dealerships though didn't they? Tesla on the other hand doesn't have dealerships, so their reservation fees go directly to the mothership. Given the production issues they have and the way they release concepts on a regular basis, their whole business model stinks like a Ponzi scheme.

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Whine, whine, whine, this is what happens when everyone gets a trophy. I grew up poor and learned about delayed gratification. Y’all should try it sometime, very rewarding. This come from a guy that had coal in his stocking five different Christmases. That’s almost a 50% take rate In the formative years.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The $100 deposit on Broncos may not seem like much but added up to over $15M, depending on what you belive for the actual number of reservations. I think they all went directly to the dealerships though didn't they? Tesla on the other hand doesn't have dealerships, so their reservation fees go directly to the mothership. Given the production issues they have and the way they release concepts on a regular basis, their whole business model stinks like a Ponzi scheme.
i think the whole model is a bit of a ponzi scheme- between taking money from peter to pay paul, they also probably borrow money against these expected sales. i saw tesla just revealed a robot the other day. wonder how many "preorders" they'll get for that!

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Whine, whine, whine, this is what happens when everyone gets a trophy. I grew up poor and learned about delayed gratification. Y’all should try it sometime, very rewarding. This come from a guy that had coal in his stocking five different Christmases. That’s almost a 50% take rate In the formative years.
People really gifted kids coal in their stockings? Thought that was just for cartoons lol

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't worry about the Ford Pass Points compensation for the Mod top to Mic switch. There was a caveat in the email that it only applied to those who took delivery of a MY'21 Bronco. The WT reservation holders that for the most part have been pushed to MY'22 won't receive those points. Only FE buyers and the select few WT buyers for MY'21 will receive the 1,000.
Ford Pass Points Mod Top.jpg

Seems pretty straight forward to me. If you don't take delivery of a MY'21 Bronco, then no points for you as it pertains to the Mod top to Mic top.
After this communication, Ford changed it to include deliveries in 2022 as well. Your information was correct, but it outdated and currently inaccurate.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TLDR- Have some patience, or cancel your order, but none of us are owed anything. STAY PUMPED.

Am I bummed there's been such huge delays, yes. Am I pumped for any swag Ford is willing to send, absolutely. In my eyes, they don't owe any of us anything. Not even a Bronco, early reservation or not. Supply constraints exist, plain and simple. Far more of us put in a reservation than they ever expected. That doesn't mean they can or have to fulfill all of those in the first model year. That they even tried initially, I give them a lot of credit.

As far as MIC debacle, yes, it's disappointing, and a pretty big oversight. But again, problem was observed, and rather than just shipping out anyways as first year gremlins that you're just stuck with, they're finding a solution. And I'm no Ford fanboy. Didn't think I'd ever own one honestly.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bail if you want, but you will regret not having a Bronco. Trust me.
Sponsored