First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Compensation for what? You paid a deposit, right? What are you entitled to?
Look, I’m pissed at Ford too…I can’t believe how much this company sucks and I’m super close to bailing (waiting to decide until after attending off-roadeo) but Ford really doesn’t owe any of us sh*t. That’s just reality. If you don’t like it move on. Ford will likely lose a Bronco purchase and a Maverick from me, but do they care? No
@RoadKiller @motocane

Compensation is you get yours in time stamp order (roughly)

I was lucky enough to receive my 4Dr Base 2.7L Sasquatch w/hardtop. I have to say it is growing on me and my wife. It is really nice to drive and seems luxurious compared to the Wranglers (4) I've had. The 2.7L has a lot of power and it fast even with the 35s. Breaking could be better.

I have an October Granger reservation and definitely will be buying another, a 2Dr Base manual Sasquatch. I've driven a 4Dr 2.3L auto and it has enough power. The manual Squatch will be a classic! I feel that guaranteeing pricing for orders placed by last March is a VERY NICE thing Ford has done. The price of EVERYTHING, including all cars, has gone way up. You will be glad to get last year's price when you take delivery next year!

Having put 4200 miles on my Bronco, I can say i am a happy customer. Interestingly, in those 4200 miles I have not seen even one other Bronco on the road.
Sponsored

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They were supposed to start rolling off the assembly line over a year ago. Things kept getting delayed and then covid hit.
Remember that time when Ford was going to reveal the Bronco during the week of March 15, 2020? I'm glad that everything was ready to launch back then and only delayed due to health risks at a press conference because of COVID, or else this launch would look really silly...

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/ford-bronco-reveal-delay-coronavirus-covid-19/

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Right? Jeep should be seizing on the pissed off Bronco res holder. Maybe they just don’t need to because supply/demand but good idea to stick it to Ford with incentives. I have zero interest in a Jeep but why not poach away…
Jeep has little inventory themselves. Will have the same problem if too many customers.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

wny pat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ; 2014 JK; 2020 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How Jeep hasn’t come out with a deal for ‘reservation holders’ is beyond me. They must be so confident that they don’t even need that to convert a lot of us, why bother.

Still holding here, but my eyes are WIDE open and not afraid to call a spade a spade.

Give me a deal on Rubicon 392 with 35’s and I am going to consider that vs. the warthog… seriously consider.
There’s a nice dealer over at wranglerforum selling his allotment of 392s for 3% under invoice not including any incentives you might be eligible for. They don’t have a lot, but an $80K optioned out 392 with the recon extreme package and every other option can be had for $71,500 with a proper 6.4L motor, 4.4 0-60 time and 35”KO2s. King of the hill and, according to TFL, the JL with 35s drives better on the road than the Bronco with 35s. You can also skip the front solid axle swap and save yourself $10K. Most importantly, cool guys like me will wave to you if you’re driving a Jeep… and that’s probably reason enough anyway. 👍👍✌✌👍👍

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've seen reviews that the braking is actually pretty good. What don't you like about it?
I think the breaking for Broncos with smaller tires (30", 32") will be significantly different from those of us who have Sasquatch 35s. Remember, all Broncos have the exact same breaks. I've never owned a vehicle with such large tires, so the breaking feel is totally different that I'm used to. Breaking distance is a LOT longer than in the Focus ST I just sold. It is particularly noticeable when you slam on the breaks. Definitely feels a bit squirrely mashing breaks with those big tires. This was totally expected on my part. I am a former Badlands proponent arguing against big Sasquatch tires and breaking was one major issue I always discussed. I was right, those big tires have a lot of rotational momentum and it takes longer to stop. NO way around this.

Anyway, I changed course in the end, got the Sasquatch and it was the right decision. I love it,,, but I feel Sasquatch should come with a different break setup. Let's see what the Raptor version brings!

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the breaking for Broncos with smaller tires (30", 32") will be significantly different from those of us who have Sasquatch 35s. Remember, all Broncos have the exact same breaks. I've never owned a vehicle with such large tires, so the breaking feel is totally different that I'm used to. Breaking distance is a LOT longer than in the Focus ST I just sold. It is particularly noticeable when you slam on the breaks. Definitely feels a bit squirrely mashing breaks with those big tires. This was totally expected on my part. I am a former Badlands proponent arguing against big Sasquatch tires and breaking was one major issue I always discussed. I was right, those big tires have a lot of rotational momentum and it takes longer to stop. NO way around this.

Anyway, I changed course in the end, got the Sasquatch and it was the right decision. I love it,,, but I feel Sasquatch should come with a different break setup. Let's see what the Raptor version brings!
Brake *

:0)

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco also weighs twice as much as the Focus.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bronco also weighs twice as much as the Focus.
I've owned 4 Wranglers, a 4 Runner and 2 Defender 90s. None had larger than 32" tires. It makes a HUGE difference when you move up to 35s. Simple physics.
Sponsored