First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
About a couple days ago I started getting an odd message saying "no key detected" I grab my key from my pocket hold near button then it works. After i turn off the bronco I get "restart now or key is required" I did a quick search and found a yt video of someone talking about a software glitch that's causing this (fix in August) I searched here (cuz B6G is 100x better than BN) to my surprise I found no posts about it. Anyone else shed some light on this?
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About a couple days ago I started getting an odd message saying "no key detected" I grab my key from my pocket hold near button then it works. After i turn off the bronco I get "restart now or key is required" I did a quick search and found a yt video of someone talking about a software glitch that's causing this (fix in August) I searched here (cuz B6G is 100x better than BN) to my surprise I found no posts about it. Anyone else shed some light on this?
I got that error message multiple times yesterday during a trail run, so it may be a bug?

Remember, you always have a fallback plan in the owner’s manual if you cannot get your engine to start normally with the key fob inside the vehicle (i.e., “Accessing the Passive Key Backup Position”)…

Ford Bronco No key detected issue? Anyone else? 0895AEB8-E865-469D-A4A6-6F25AA116458

wvabeer

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350, 2010 F150, 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had this issue on the second day at a gas station. I opened and closed the door and it started.

Dan66

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 explorer platinum 2014 ram limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It Is RF Interference in most cases, Video and other Wireless devices can cause this
that said if you out in the sticks and it's happening ? that may be a software or Fob Battery issue

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Make appointment with dealer. It is just a reprogramming issue. I have had several customers with the same issue. Quick fix, if it keeps happening.

like someone mentioned above, if it will not start place in slot inside center console.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had it the other day after I started my Bronco and started driving. I pushed the OK button and kept going. Thought whatever. Fob was in the console tray.

OP
OP
PghBronco

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I called my.dealer said my battery was dying. I told them no way. It was doing it with both. Lady said to replace anyway and try......

Didn't fix it NFS.. I looked at other posts andI see there is a software update or will be one. I mentioned that also they had no clue. I do have a child safety lock recall I'll make the appt for that and this key. Do you think unplugging the battery would fix it?

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I called my.dealer said my battery was dying. I told them no way. It was doing it with both. Lady said to replace anyway and try......

Didn't fix it NFS.. I looked at other posts andI see there is a software update or will be one. I mentioned that also they had no clue. I do have a child safety lock recall I'll make the appt for that and this key. Do you think unplugging the battery would fix it?
Talk to the service department not sales. Like mentioned above it cA be reprogrammed. This is at least with a try.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm having this issue, but slightly different.
My Bronco starts right up without any problems, then immediately shows no key detected and double honks. But keeps running. After a few seconds it goes away.

I've checked all the connections under the hood. Good ground, positive tight, etc. I've had the car battery checked and it is fine. I've replaced the battery in the remote with a new one as well, and nothing has changed, still get this error nearly every time. Could be after the Bronco having been off for only 5 minutes, or overnight.

Haven't taken it to the dealer yet as I haven't seen anyone else mention the dealer actually fixing this, and I don't have a ton of faith in them.

I used Forscan to disable the double honk and at least I'm not ticking off my neighbors everytime I start the Bronco now.. but that error message still pops up and stays there for a bit.

Just checking if anyone else has anything to add to this, or if their dealer actually fixed it and how.

Oh and placement of the key fob makes no difference. It can be in my pocket, sitting in the cup holder, or in the console. Still get the same message.

-Dave

Sponsored
OP
OP
PghBronco

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I forgot to update this thread with findings. So, I finally got fed up with the key issue for a while and took it in for service. They did the child seat recall and trouble shot my key... I feel so stupid... When i installed my hidden sub box I wanted to see what was on the left side trim. I disconnected the "antenna" (small slim black box) and forgot to reattach it. They spent around an hour, and they found this out. The other one on the right is attached and stuffed away. So, remember kids, always double check your connections after you put stuff back the way it was..... BUT! occasionally I still get an error "restart required or key is needed" thats happened maybe 3 times since.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have to be kidding me.

I'm taking the Bronco in for the recall next week. I asked if they could look at my no key detected issue.

No, sorry sir we'd have to make a separate appointment for that.

And the next available appointment we have is FEBRUARY 2ND 2023.

WHAT THE HECK @Ford Motor Company?????????????????

I'm seriously considering a Jeep now. All the little issues with this one are just componded to be extremely frustrating.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah HA!

Found a TSB for my issue:
https://www.tsbsearch.com/Ford/21-2251

Summary:
Some 2021 Bronco vehicles built on or before 09-Jul-2021 may exhibit an intermittent No Key Detected message displayed in the instrument cluster followed by a double horn chirp immediately after starting the vehicle. This may be due to a software parameter in the driver door module (DDM) and/or the passenger door module (PDM). To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to reprogram the DDM and PDM.

My build date is June, so hopefully I can get them to do this when I take it in for drive shaft recall. It only says 0.4 hours.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got this twice recently. Super weird but didn't affect anything, really.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Old thread but in case anyone find this in the future, one thing to know is that your remote goes to sleep after about a minute with no movement. So if you toss your keys in the center console let's say, you're probably going to get a no key detected at some point.
Sponsored