First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Starting to get this intermittently. '22 Badlands, high package. It will do it right after I get in and start it, so keyfob not going to sleep. Has done it with keyfob in console and in my pocket. Has done it as I shut it off and got a message to restart or get my keyfob which makes no sense.
Sponsored

Ozbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4 door, 2.7 litre, cactus grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had this today on my Feb '23 build Badlands (most discussions on this are from '21 and '22).

Pulled up to the Arbys drive up window. Put it in park. While waiting for food heard a chime and saw the "no key detected" warning. WTH? Got food. Went to leave and it would not shift into drive. Kept flashing "no key detected". Killed the engine to try a "reboot". It would not start and again warned "NKD". Called the dealer. Said I needed a fob battery (after 4 months?).

After fiddling with it for 20 minutes (all the while blocking the take out window) it started and would shift to drive. I pulled into a stall, left it running, and ran inside to apologise to store manager. When I came out it would not shift out of park again. Shut it off, hoofed over to a grocery store for a new battery. Made no difference. I could start it using Fordpass but it wll not drive until you also hit the start button which, again, earned me a NKD badge and it would not shift.

Called a friend to give me a ride to my other fob. While waiting, once again it miraculously fired up so I bolted for home and my other fob.

Have read every thread here on the issue. Most likely causes are (1) possible RF interference (2) loose antenna wiring or (3) maybe the battery was bad and it takes a while for the fob to relearn when you change the battery (my own theory).

I dunno. Thought this issue would be fixed by now since it first appeared in '21. Just glad I'm home. I'll see what service has to say after the 4th.

jkelley0021

Wildtrak
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was running into this over the last week as well. This morning I even got the double honk a few moments after starting (at 6AM). Then I got smart and took off the aluminum key FOB cover that I put on, and...problem solved. Yikes. One more thing that it can be caused by, and I would have never even guessed that something so innocuous could be the culprit.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got that error message multiple times yesterday during a trail run, so it may be a bug?

Remember, you always have a fallback plan in the owner’s manual if you cannot get your engine to start normally with the key fob inside the vehicle (i.e., “Accessing the Passive Key Backup Position”)…

0895AEB8-E865-469D-A4A6-6F25AA116458.jpeg
This saved my bacon tonight thank you.

My 2023 showed no key detected but the lock and unlock worked. Used the console slot, got it started and picked the key up and tossed it in the tray under the radio like I normally do… wouldn’t let me put it in gear. Had to dig out my console again and put it back in the slot and Bronco allowed me to put it in gear.

Next time I stopped I had no issues. Very strange.

Bored

Badlands
First Name
Bored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BL 2DR 2.3L MT & '23 BL 2DR 2.7L AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've just started having this issue in my '23 badlands (standard options - no mid/high/lux). I usually just set the fob in a cup holder (instead of my hand or my pocket) and it starts next press (5 times so far). Not helpful.. but I'm going to have to check the antenna wire I guess. I have messed with the side panels in rear.
Sponsored