Sponsored

No more 2.7 liter engines for 2021? [Updated with possible explanation - applies only to Military Auto Source]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am devastated.

Thatā€™s the only interesting thing Iā€™ve ever contributed to society. *sigh*
Oh, your gif is still out there! The Tommy gif transcends any one B6G member.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rest assured we always appreciate you're truth and honesty..... Lol
Ford Bronco No more 2.7 liter engines for 2021? [Updated with possible explanation - applies only to Military Auto Source] parksandrec-andy

Markkelly1965

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 09 Expedition, 77 Vette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anybody know what is up with this???

Anywaysā€¦on your mark, get set, and go. Iā€™ll bring the beer for this ride. Cheers. šŸ»

Updated with possible explanation from @NoDoorsNoProblem

Hey! Put your pitchforks down and read this first!

This is from a thread earlier today with a guy ordering from Military Auto Source, a company that sells vehicles to deployed service members. They order directly from manufacturers in a process that is outside the normal dealer systems, Iā€™m not 100% on how it works but they donā€™t go through the same WBDO that Ford US dealers do. I attempted to order through them about 8 months ago when I was overseas, but decided to save money and go through Granger. They have a certain number of allocations for the whole company/MAS system they use, that have nothing to do with other dealer allocations. There is a huge chance that whatever internal system this MAS printout is from either has inaccurate data, they ran out of their specific allocations (Ford only let them order X units of 2.7 for 2021), or some other reason. This also explains the blurb about the ā€œhigh demand model for a drawing only.ā€ Ford gave MAS a handful of allocations to sell through their system, and MAS is trying to balance them out and give everyone who orders through them overseas a fair shot since their separate allocations are limited. I highly doubt this affects everyone else, we would know about it by now. The 2.7 hugely affects F150 production as well.

Ford Bronco No more 2.7 liter engines for 2021? [Updated with possible explanation - applies only to Military Auto Source] parksandrec-andy
Can I get a 5.0 instead?

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Calm down people, it only means all the available 2.7 are allocated to pre-existing orders and there arenā€™t excess available for new orders.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am devastated.

The internet doesnā€™t forget šŸ˜ƒ
Ford Bronco No more 2.7 liter engines for 2021? [Updated with possible explanation - applies only to Military Auto Source] CD087B3D-3B2B-4877-93A2-F996565BD6AF

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anybody know what is up with this???

Anywaysā€¦on your mark, get set, and go. Iā€™ll bring the beer for this ride. Cheers. šŸ»

Updated with possible explanation from @NoDoorsNoProblem

Hey! Put your pitchforks down and read this first!

This is from a thread earlier today with a guy ordering from Military Auto Source, a company that sells vehicles to deployed service members. They order directly from manufacturers in a process that is outside the normal dealer systems, Iā€™m not 100% on how it works but they donā€™t go through the same WBDO that Ford US dealers do. I attempted to order through them about 8 months ago when I was overseas, but decided to save money and go through Granger. They have a certain number of allocations for the whole company/MAS system they use, that have nothing to do with other dealer allocations. There is a huge chance that whatever internal system this MAS printout is from either has inaccurate data, they ran out of their specific allocations (Ford only let them order X units of 2.7 for 2021), or some other reason. This also explains the blurb about the ā€œhigh demand model for a drawing only.ā€ Ford gave MAS a handful of allocations to sell through their system, and MAS is trying to balance them out and give everyone who orders through them overseas a fair shot since their separate allocations are limited. I highly doubt this affects everyone else, we would know about it by now. The 2.7 hugely affects F150 production as well.

Ford Bronco No more 2.7 liter engines for 2021? [Updated with possible explanation - applies only to Military Auto Source] CD087B3D-3B2B-4877-93A2-F996565BD6AF
Thanks for the update and screen shot! Totally makes sense, that the 2.7 might be constrained for Military Auto Sales, but not to the standard Ford Dealer Network. I think, however, that you have to come out and say that in the top of your post.

Lots of folks can read, few can understand what they are reading.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am devastated.

Donā€™t feel bad Tommy. As a guy waiting for a Bronco who has a 2021 Crosstrek and few friends just know you arenā€™t alone.

sauce

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This 2.7 news is a total bummer. Cancel your orders in protest! šŸ˜‚
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.