Sponsored

Possible to use normal key with Bronco? or have keyfob hidden in Bronco and disable auto-start?

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great Idea - Currently, I just throw the keys under the mats for the back seat and leave it unlocked, but Is there a manual key for the console or the tailgate(thinking of putting lockbox in the rear anyway to be able to lock stuff up). Great idea about a lockbox that blocks the signal.
I am looking at getting this to keep my 2A in when I can't carry it into a?

Cargo Area Vault
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How does the keypad work when the doors are off? Is it possible to throw the fob into the console and lock it and then use the keypad to lock everything when doors are off, etc? I am already scheduled, but can I simply buy those from dealer like any other Ford part and stick it wherever?
I don’t have the keypad, so I’m not entirely sure of the specifics. There are a few threads on the keypads and how they work if you search on the forum. It’s in the Ford accessory catalog, so I’m pretty sure it can be added after purchase.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do it right.
Ford Bronco Possible to use normal key with Bronco? or have keyfob hidden in Bronco and disable auto-start? IMG_6178

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If this keypad can lock console and also keep Bronco locked virtually(fob not working while locked in console) when doors are off that would be perfect solution.
The console doesn’t have an electronic lock, so the key pad isn’t going to lock it.
Nor will it prevent the fob from starting the vehicle.

You can lock the console with the physical key part of the fob and only take that with you, but nothing is going to prevent the actual fob from still starting the vehicle except some sort of signal blocking pouch or case.

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the keypad, console safe & a faraday bag for my fob. All well worth it to go hands free.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's been said on other threads that the FOB goes dead after sitting for a minute....? If so, it couldn't start...

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's been said on other threads that the FOB goes dead after sitting for a minute....? If so, it couldn't start...
If the fob is in the vehicle, and you attempt to start it, it will start. Doesn’t matter how long you wait.

gcarruthers

Black Diamond
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the keypad, console safe & a faraday bag for my fob. All well worth it to go hands free.
If you don't me asking, which console safe did you install. The official Ford version or another one? I was thinking the same strategy.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing to clear up - the keypad can easily be added after the fact. There are posts on here with the part number, and you'll also need an adapter to plug in a computer and run the Ford software to add it, Forscan won't work ;)

Doors / Roof on, put keypad in fuel door and you're good to go

Doors / Roof off, not sure, probably need to hide the FOB somewhere. Could always install a hidden kill switch somewhere

Bronc’n Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a Bronco badlands lux(no keypad) scheduled and I drive to parks to jog. The parks are in good areas and the odds of someone stealing Bronco are small. I worry more about someone jumping in and stealing wallet or whatever I have in console. I sometimes go out for a few hours and hate jogging long distances carrying my keyfob. My hands get wet and would rather carry just use a copy of the actual key when going to jog, or hide the key fob under the back seat(if the Bronco would not still start automatically), etc.

Can you start the Bronco with an actual key? Sometimes I will go to park with or without tops/doors on, but it would be awesome if I could either leave fob at home or lock it in console and not have the car still start if someone jumps in, etc. I do not want to re-program the way the Bronco always works through Forscan, etc for something that simple, but trying to see if there are any options.
Here’s what I did and I put a vault in the console. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...eypad-entry-and-why.8603/page-22#post-1870626

Sponsored

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don't me asking, which console safe did you install. The official Ford version or another one? I was thinking the same strategy.
Yes, the official Ford one. I had thought about getting an aftermarket one to save some $, but my husband ordered it for me before that happened.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a Bronco badlands lux(no keypad) scheduled and I drive to parks to jog. The parks are in good areas and the odds of someone stealing Bronco are small. I worry more about someone jumping in and stealing wallet or whatever I have in console. I sometimes go out for a few hours and hate jogging long distances carrying my keyfob. My hands get wet and would rather carry just use a copy of the actual key when going to jog, or hide the key fob under the back seat(if the Bronco would not still start automatically), etc.

Can you start the Bronco with an actual key? Sometimes I will go to park with or without tops/doors on, but it would be awesome if I could either leave fob at home or lock it in console and not have the car still start if someone jumps in, etc. I do not want to re-program the way the Bronco always works through Forscan, etc for something that simple, but trying to see if there are any options.
put on a door pad inside gas cap door and be done
i lock my glove and console with valet key ... key fob in console
use keypad to lock everything else so i only carry the valet key
i cannot start my bronco when im in it ...so im good

Eddie Bauer

Badlands
First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where I park is usually a lot of people cruising around and in really nice area. I typically just throw my fob under the rear floor mats and leave it unlocked, but my current fob does not start the car. Would be awesome if my Apple watch that I use when jogging could start the car, etc.
I can lock, unlock and start mine with the FordPass app on the Apple Watch

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How does the keypad work when the doors are off? Is it possible to throw the fob into the console and lock it, or use keypad to lock everything when doors are off, etc? That way if someone jumps in Bronco they cannot access the console or start the Bronco(while the fob is in the locked console)? I would not do this is a bad area and just looking fomr something simple like that to keep kids from jumping in and hitting start and taking off(if I leave fox with Bronco). I am already scheduled, but can I simply buy those from dealer like any other Ford part and stick it wherever?