Sponsored

Possible to use normal key with Bronco? or have keyfob hidden in Bronco and disable auto-start?

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Bronco badlands lux(no keypad) scheduled and I drive to parks to jog. The parks are in good areas and the odds of someone stealing Bronco are small. I worry more about someone jumping in and stealing wallet or whatever I have in console. I sometimes go out for a few hours and hate jogging long distances carrying my keyfob. My hands get wet and would rather carry just use a copy of the actual key when going to jog, or hide the key fob under the back seat(if the Bronco would not still start automatically), etc.

Can you start the Bronco with an actual key? Sometimes I will go to park with or without tops/doors on, but it would be awesome if I could either leave fob at home or lock it in console and not have the car still start if someone jumps in, etc. I do not want to re-program the way the Bronco always works through Forscan, etc for something that simple, but trying to see if there are any options.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What about a running belt? Then, you can just keep the key fob with you at all times.

Last edited:

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure where you would hide it, but yes it is. You will need a key case that will not allow the RFID (easy way to understand what. I mean) from the key to interact with the Bronco. They sell cases that will do this on Amazon

RFID Key Cases

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a lux with a keypad and I can confirm you can lock your keys inside the bronco with the key pad and it will not unlock the doors when locked when you grab the handles. Somehow it knows when it is inside the bronco and not just outside it as you approach to Auto Unlock. I use the keypad to lock them in so I don’t carry when I go on runs. Suppose I could also use valet mode for separate PIN code on the dash to limit driving range if stolen too.

Sponsored
OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure where you would hide it, but yes it is. You will need a key case that will not allow the RFID (easy way to understand what. I mean) from the key to interact with the Bronco. They sell cases that will do this on Amazon

RFID Key Cases
Great Idea - Currently, I just throw the keys under the mats for the back seat and leave it unlocked, but Is there a manual key for the console or the tailgate(thinking of putting lockbox in the rear anyway to be able to lock stuff up). Great idea about a lockbox that blocks the signal.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Bronco badlands lux(no keypad) scheduled and I drive to parks to jog. The parks are in good areas and the odds of someone stealing Bronco are small. I worry more about someone jumping in and stealing wallet or whatever I have in console. I sometimes go out for a few hours and hate jogging long distances carrying my keyfob. My hands get wet and would rather carry just use a copy of the actual key when going to jog, or hide the key fob under the back seat(if the Bronco would not still start automatically), etc.

Can you start the Bronco with an actual key? Sometimes I will go to park with or without tops/doors on, but it would be awesome if I could either leave fob at home or lock it in console and not have the car still start if someone jumps in, etc. I do not want to re-program the way the Bronco always works through Forscan, etc for something that simple, but trying to see if there are any options.
Where do you live and what time & days do you jog? Hmmmmmmmmmm!!

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a lux with a keypad and I can confirm you can lock your keys inside the bronco with the key pad and it will not unlock the doors when locked when you grab the handles. Somehow it knows when it is inside the bronco and not just outside it as you approach to Auto Unlock. I use the keypad to lock them in so I don’t carry when I go on runs. Suppose I could also use valet mode for separate PIN code on the dash to limit driving range if stolen too.
I thought about the keypad when ordering, but only issue is when it is completely clear out, and not raining all day, I will drive to park with top and doors off. Good to know how that works as I was wondering if I could leave keys in with it locked.

Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I thought about the keypad when ordering, but only issue is when it is completely clear out, and not raining all day, I will drive to park with top and doors off. Good to know how that works as I was wondering if I could leave keys in with it locked.
Stick the keypad on the rear door or inside the gas cap

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where I park is usually a lot of people cruising around and in really nice area. I typically just throw my fob under the rear floor mats and leave it unlocked, but my current fob does not start the car. Would be awesome if my Apple watch that I use when jogging could start the car, etc.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You can always just place the keypad inside the fuel door.

Ford Bronco Possible to use normal key with Bronco? or have keyfob hidden in Bronco and disable auto-start? 1682885941447

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

1682885941447.jpeg
How does the keypad work when the doors are off? Is it possible to throw the fob into the console and lock it, or use keypad to lock everything when doors are off, etc? That way if someone jumps in Bronco they cannot access the console or start the Bronco(while the fob is in the locked console)? I would not do this is a bad area and just looking fomr something simple like that to keep kids from jumping in and hitting start and taking off(if I leave fox with Bronco). I am already scheduled, but can I simply buy those from dealer like any other Ford part and stick it wherever?

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

1682885941447.jpeg
If this keypad can lock console and also keep Bronco locked virtually(fob not working while locked in console) when doors are off that would be perfect solution.
Sponsored