Will manual Bronco have auto start stop?

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Engineers smarter than all of us, backed by multi-billion corporations (who have to warranty those engines) have designed a system that causes far less wear in that engine than your second worst (let alone worst) driving habit.

Is auto start/stop annoying? It can be. Is it going to ruin your engine? Nope.

In FCA vehicles just leave the a/c blower on max and it won’t auto start/stop. Or push the button. 🤷‍♂️

JK

Advertisement

OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

First Name
Harold K
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 F150
Clubs

🤔🤔🤔

But for real, it will be a total non issue for you if your not spending any time in neutral.

Well, almost. The only time it ever annoys me is if I park my car and leave it locked but running when I go into a gas station. I'll come out to the car totally turned off. If you don't want that, you just hit the auto stop/start button real quick before you get out of the car. Takes half a second to disable.
I may have lied there is one light on my way to work.haha but I totally get where if in a town with a bunch of stop lights I could see staying in 1st to be annoying. Especially if they are long lights. If my car turns off when I’m in N while stopped for a long train I’d be fine with it turning off since I turn it off anyways to save gas while waiting for what feels like forever for the train to pass.

jaspercasidino

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M3, 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale
Vehicle Showcase
My 2017 RS had a button that you press to disable that feature. I quickly got into the habit of pressing engine start, auto-start/stop off, then press another button to go from Normal to Sport Mode. Became second nature. I think the 2016 model (first year) didn’t have the disable button. Hopefully that is an issue of the past.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Clubs

It's stupid specially in warmer weather climates. On one car I can permanently turn it off. On the F150 need Forscan
A friend of mine said he bought a module that plugs into a diagnostic port that disables it on his F-150. I didn’t look at it, be he said it’s completely unobtrusive.

Edit: Not sure if this is the one that he used, but seems to be a really good choice, at least to me. Skip to 4:20.

Last edited:

The_Phew

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
I can only assume you leave your home HVAC fans 'ON' 100% of the time? You wouldn't dare use 'AUTO', because it's the SAME DAMN THING AS VEHICLE START/STOP.

It's not a 'green' thing, I just don't see any reason to piss away money/range at stoplights if I don't have to. And I don't buy the 'it wears the starter out faster' B.S. Ask any powerplant engineer; idle is harder on DI Otto cycle engines than virtually any other regime besides WOT. Only diesels love idle.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
LOL

Correlation does not imply causation.

JK

growers

Base
First Name
Duncan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Forester XT, '86 Toyota Pickup
Any fans of the environment on here? Not trying to be contentious, just curious.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Then why risk buying a Bronco? A knock off of the only true off-road “SUV” from the “least” of the Big Three while being designed/built by one of the other Big Three. 😈

In all seriousness - ask a BMW/Mercedes owner how often THEY are in the shop.

JK

Advertisement

Advertisement