Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found this on YouTube, thought it was a fair assessment of the A.S.S. system. Personally, I don't mind it but my wife hates it.
Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Please God I hope not.

Im getting a manual so maybe Im in the clear. But if it has it, and I cant permanently disable it, that seriously might be a dealbreaker for me.

First Name
BBQGlazeSeabass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thats good. I don't think the jeep has the ability to disable it.
Can’t speak for Wrangler but my GC has it and yes there is a button to turn it off. BUT you have to press it every time you start the car. I always forget and then have to hit the button after the first stoplight.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Please God I hope not.

Im getting a manual so maybe Im in the clear. But if it has it, and I cant permanently disable it, that seriously might be a dealbreaker for me.
Well I hate to burst your bubble but the bronco has it, in both transmissions. Just like every other suv these days. And they don’t make it easy to disable because you know, EPA and all.

Sponsored

BroncOcotillo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Crap. Had a recent loaner vehicle with the auto start/stop and hate it. Bummer.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Please God I hope not.

LMAO overreact much? A deal breaker because you might have to press a button after you start your vehicle? The world is ending! How ridiculous. I don't know how many times I'm going to say this but auto start/stop is one of the dumbest things people keep complaining about here. Its fine to not like it but there are much better things to worry about.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
LMAO overreact much? A deal breaker because you might have to press a button after you start your vehicle? The world is ending! How ridiculous. I don't know how many times I'm going to say this but auto start/stop is one of the dumbest things people keep complaining about here. Its fine to not like it but there are much better things to worry about.
It’s more a principle thing for me. It’s just so stupid. I just hope there’s some way to defeat it. It will piss me off every time I have to press a button to keep my car from turning itself off. I can’t think of anything more annoying, actually. These are the types of things that keep me in old cars. This is the only knock against the Bronco for me so far.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The first rental I drove with Auto Stop Start really freaked me out. I had no idea what was happening the first time it engaged. I'm not a car guy and thought "oh sh*t, what's going on?"

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you can probably pull a fuse. just make sure to put it back in if you have to take it to the shop

Sponsored

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can’t think of anything more annoying, actually.
Whenever I find myself getting mad about auto start stop, I just don't ?

Seriously though my dude, the engine bits are designed to handle it, it can save gas and reduce emissions when used, and it's easily disabled if that's not your thing. I'd be pretty bummed for you if you didn't get the car you wanted because of a button.

Tvcraig75

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello,
Does anyone know have any input if the Bronco will have the horrible auto engine stop feature when you come to a stop? I absolutely hate that feature and if it does, hopefully you can turn it off.

KingDoggy23

Black Diamond
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hate it in my Mini Clubman S and Sahara JLU.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder how much mileage changes with and without it? Maybe I don't mind turning it off when I start up at times when I don't need it.....

dck82

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ll hit the button each time I don’t care. I would prefer not to see a yellow or red light on the instrument cluster when I do. If it’s on the button like some F-150’s I’ve seen that would be ok I guess.
Sponsored