Sponsored

Possible to use normal key with Bronco? or have keyfob hidden in Bronco and disable auto-start?

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am looking at getting this to keep my 2A in when I can't carry it into a?

Cargo Area Vault
I have had a few jeeps and always like locking the entire
I can lock, unlock and start mine with the FordPass app on the Apple Watch
So is there any benefit to the keypad then if you wear and Apple watch? I only wear my Apply watch when I jog and it sounds like even then it would only be beneficial is I have the doors on.
Sponsored

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
put on a door pad inside gas cap door and be done
i lock my glove and console with valet key ... key fob in console
use keypad to lock everything else so i only carry the valet key
i cannot start my bronco when im in it ...so im good
Does keypad do anything at all when doors and top are off? Like arm the alarm or anything you cannot do once the fob is locked away in the console? If Apple watch/iphone can gain access back to the vehicle when doors are on, not sure I would ever have a reason to use keypad, but it seems so cheap at $110 it is tough not to order for gas cap.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does keypad do anything at all when doors and top are off? Like arm the alarm or anything you cannot do once the fob is locked away in the console? If Apple watch/iphone can gain access back to the vehicle when doors are on, not sure I would ever have a reason to use keypad, but it seems so cheap at $110 it is tough not to order for gas cap.
I'm curios to know that as well. And also keep in mind you'll have to either have a dealer program the remote, or do it yourself, either way its another $100+ I think so figure the keypad will run you $200-$300 installed ;)

When I surfed in FL, I'd simply hide the FOB for my JLUR somewhere on the outside of the vehicle and never had an issue.

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curios to know that as well. And also keep in mind you'll have to either have a dealer program the remote, or do it yourself, either way its another $100+ I think so figure the keypad will run you $200-$300 installed ;)

When I surfed in FL, I'd simply hide the FOB for my JLUR somewhere on the outside of the vehicle and never had an issue.
I have seen videos of other people programing Ford keypads in other vehicles themselves, but not sure about how hard that is in the Bronco

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does putting the Ford vault(I have read there are a few, but that Fords might be a little better) in the console stop the fob from working? or do you still have to use faraday bag?
Fob will still work. Faraday bag is 10 bucks.

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks guys as I am still a few weeks away and trying to plan. This is what it sounds like to me

1. Physical key will get you in the Bronco if you do not have your fob
2. Physical key will get you into your glovebox or console, if they are locked,
3. Physical key cannot start the Bronco(you must have a fob to both start it and drive)
4. Phone will unlock and start the Bronco, but not allow you to drive it(guess it keeps steering locked?)
5 Keypad will only unlock the doors and the tailgate.
6. Keypad will only unlock the tailgate if the doors are off
7. Keypad does not do anything with the built-in alarm(I thought I read there is one)

I have always kept a hide-a-key with my cars, and would have gotten into some ridiculous bad joms in the backcountry in the winter if I had not had a hide-a-key, but it sounds like the only way to do a hide-a-key is to keep an extra fob(which I am guessing you get 1 extra with purchase) inside the Bronco in a faraday bag maybe locked in the lower tailgate area below or something, and then you could gain access to the Bronco through phone and get your fox to start the Bronco.

If I am incorrect about anything, let me know, but I am guessing I just leave the fon inside a faraday bag in the console and take a small key with my when I am jogging or rafting. As long as my phone still work when I get back to my Bronco I should be good, but I have parked in a lot of areas with bad cell coverage, and also have flipped raft and had water get into my drybag and ruin my phone on the river, but odds of both are so slim hard seeing the need to spend the few dollars messing with it. If I am incorrect about anything, or anyone has good examples where it has helped when leaving the fob with the car, etc., let me know.

Bronc’n Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In your case if you are backcountry don’t rely on the phone app. Here we can be 35 minutes out and no cell signal. Put a hide a key somewhere. Or hide inside and attach a blade key on you so you can get in.
Sponsored