Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dude, you're in Maple Glen, PA? Are you taking about Chapman in Horsham? Yeah stay the f away from that guy.
Yup! Same guy. I’m moving my reservation. Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point, in my opinion, no dealer should be asking for a non-refundable deposit for any amount.
This exactly.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No. Unless you are ordering some super weird spec the dealer will have no trouble selling your car if you decide not to take it. Hell I've even had a car show up at the dealer and I changed my mind, they didn't hassle me about it one bit. Refunded my $500 and sold the car off the lot a few weeks later.

If you were ordering say a fully loaded Bronco with a manual transmission and a pink exterior then yeah, they may have trouble selling. Otherwise as long as your build is down the fairway it shouldn't be an issue.

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer is asking for a non-refundable $2500 deposit. Is this normal? Seems a bit steep for non refundable.
Something has made that dealership decide you are a risk. You just need to find a new dealership.

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup! Same guy. I’m moving my reservation. Thanks for sharing!
Check our Bergey's in Lansdale. I've heard good things. I'm going to give them a call today.

OP
OP
Redrooster33

Redrooster33

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Check our Bergey's in Lansdale. I've heard good things. I'm going to give them a call today.
Nice! I was just talking to Bergey’s in Ambler. They are having a guy call me back. Thanks and good luck!

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's ludicrous. If my dealership asked for up to 1000.00 I would be fine with that - they are not - but it would have to be refundable. If they want a NON-refundable deposit for something I can not lay my eyes on then I will be taking my name off the list . . . 2500.00 is seemingly overboard but at least if it was refundable you could (sort of) live with it.

Seems like BS to me as well.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer says it’s 2500 because it will prevent people making multiple order. I thought I smelled BS. Thanks y’all!

Ford allows you to make 2 reservations per account.
Yes, and think of the thousands (I don't think 10 thousand, but who knows) who will split them up at different dealerships and wait to see which one arrives first. Look around this forum here, if you don't think there are a lot of folks who wouldn't risk an extra $100 to hedge their bets on getting one a month or three sooner, you would be wrong. Hell the dealer might even refund the hundo if given a sob story when the second order is cancelled. I only have the one reservation myself, but for each of you that has thought of it and believed that you outsmarted the game, there are a thousand on here and in the real world who thought of it as well.

edit below;

One of the completely predictable (had Ford given it any thought at all about moving away from the reservation timeline model to the allocation model) side effects will be an increase in dealer stock vehicles ending up on dealer lots with ADM before other people get their reservations filled. The dealers will scream that they are the victims of shady customers gaming the system and that Ford cannot sanction them for those units because Ford controlled the allocations. (both things would be true). If that is what is going to happen, the dealers won't bother to actually cancel the orders until the VIN is generated, would give the reservation holder the $100 back, and have a unit on the lot without penalty. Let's say 6000 people do this out of the 195K reservations. That is what...just over 3%? If evenly distributed every dealer in the Country would have two on the lot before all the reservations was filled, or more likely, a few dealers have 10 on the lot and are advertising the crap out of it. The rage from the original reservation holders, especially with early timestamps is going to be huge. when it turns out that they got theirs after that, simply because Ford changed the rules (as the reservation holders understood them) after they reserved. Ford deserves every bit of the goat rodeo, sorry G.O.A.T. rodeo, coming done the line.

Last edited:

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd laugh and switch dealer ASAP.

My dealer has not asked for anything more than the $100. If they do when I go in to build it it better be in writing that it is fully refundable. If not, I will walk away. I am not giving a dealer $ upfront for a veh that I have not seen/driven.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Redrooster33

Redrooster33

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, and think of the thousands (I don't think 10 thousand, but who knows) who will split them up at different dealerships and wait to see which one arrives first. Look around this forum here, if you don't think there are a lot of folks who wouldn't risk an extra $100 to hedge their bets on getting one a month or three sooner, you would be wrong. Hell the dealer might even refund the hundo if given a sob story when the second order is cancelled. I only have the one reservation myself, but for each of you that has thought of it and believed that you outsmarted the game, there are a thousand on here and in the real world who thought of it as well.
Right, but if the is the most anticipated vehicle coming out, the dealer will have no issues selling it to someone else.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For $2,500 deposit on a vehicle that the build date is a moving target I would say ok but I need to have daily updates on the delivery status.
If you miss an update day I get $100 off the price for every day the dealer misses.
The funny thing about games is "everybody gets to play".

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$2500 non-refundable?! ??????

That’s the most ridiculous shit I have ever heard in my life.
Apparently you forgot about this post. :LOL:

I just got a call from my Bronco dealership here in Lakeland. I am test driving the two door big bend. So excited!! I will take pics and post them on here ASAP!

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right, but if the is the most anticipated vehicle coming out, the dealer will have no issues selling it to someone else.
I was editing as you wrote, but agreed, the dealers will love it, they will get the unit and have a very valid excuse that Ford changing the order in which they build them caused the problem and they should not be penalized. If it was in time stamp order (roughly), almost no one would try to game the system and the units would go to actual reservation holders before dealer stock. Maybe it wasn't unintentional and Ford isn't that shortsighted, 10 units of dealer stock on a big dealers lot, while reservation holders wait would give that dealer a huge advantage at getting ADM.
Sponsored