toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Currently my reservation is with Hennessy’s River View Ford in Oswego, IL. I’ve known the general sales manager there for a decade or so now through my father who would buy F-Series trucks through them.

He said they plan to offer a discount on the Bronco but didn’t say what it would be and said they were more focused on how Ford was going to allocate Broncos. This was back in October when that whole allocation equation just came out. Doc fee is $300.

My plan is to try and get pricing similar to Grangers through them (I don’t expect it to be exactly the same deal) sometime in late December/early January. If they can’t come close then I’ll simply switch to Granger like the rest and let the cards fall where they will.
Sponsored

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Currently my reservation is with Hennessy’s River View Ford in Oswego, IL. I’ve known the general sales manager there for a decade or so now through my father who would buy F-Series trucks through them.

He said they plan to offer a discount on the Bronco but didn’t say what it would be and said they were more focused on how Ford was going to allocate Broncos. This was back in October when that whole allocation equation just came out. Doc fee is $300.

My plan is to try and get pricing similar to Grangers through them (I don’t expect it to be exactly the same deal) sometime in late December/early January. If they can’t come close then I’ll simply switch to Granger like the rest and let the cards fall where they will.
HEY, KEEP ME POSTED!! OSWEGO IS JUST A COUPLE OF MINUTES AWAY FROM ME!!

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi everyone,
New here, from Logan Square. Ordered with Granger!!

I talked to Fox Ford and they laughed at me when I asked about markup. They said "of course we're going to mark it up, you can't even find them." I had to tell the guy it wasn't out yet and he said he'd call me back, he never called. A few days later I reserved at Granger.
Good to know. I'm in Lakeshore East and my first res was also assigned to Fox. Been giving them a chance (have yet to hear from them) before transferring to Granger (also took advantage of the October Granger deal for a 2nd res as there's some late availability stuff I'd like to see). From your experience doesn't sound like giving the local guy a chance will be worth the effort. Oh well. Kind of looking forward to the drive back from Des Moines - breaded tenderloin sandwich somewhere and some Quad Cities pizza!

Tom_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 FJ40, 2011 X5D, 2019 Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good to know. I'm in Lakeshore East and my first res was also assigned to Fox. Been giving them a chance (have yet to hear from them) before transferring to Granger (also took advantage of the October Granger deal for a 2nd res as there's some late availability stuff I'd like to see). From your experience doesn't sound like giving the local guy a chance will be worth the effort. Oh well. Kind of looking forward to the drive back from Des Moines - breaded tenderloin sandwich somewhere and some Quad Cities pizza!
Hey Karl. I copied your name, I hope that's cool.

I can see a parade of Granger Broncos driving past Fox Ford and laughing about markups. I went there to look at Explorers pre-covid, maybe late last year, and they wouldn't budge on the price, now they have them on their website about 10% off. I guess I'll need them for warranty service.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I THINK YOU LIVE NEAR MY DAUGHTER. WHEN WE VISIT, WE USUALLY WALK TO MARIANO'S. SO U MAY SEE A BRONCO PARKED NEAR THERE IN THE SPRING/SUMMER!

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Karl. I copied your name, I hope that's cool.

I can see a parade of Granger Broncos driving past Fox Ford and laughing about markups. I went there to look at Explorers pre-covid, maybe late last year, and they wouldn't budge on the price, now they have them on their website about 10% off. I guess I'll need them for warranty service.
Totally cool! Truth be told I copied it from a friend I made long ago in the North Shore Corvette Club. He's since moved out to NC but still has the same handle.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I THINK YOU LIVE NEAR MY DAUGHTER. WHEN WE VISIT, WE USUALLY WALK TO MARIANO'S. SO U MAY SEE A BRONCO PARKED NEAR THERE IN THE SPRING/SUMMER!
Maybe - though I thought earlier you said your daughter lived up by Wrigley. Old farts like me still insist on calling that neighborhood "Lakeview" (and I used to live there, Irving & Southport and later Sheffield & School). The neighborhood I currently live in is known as Lakeshore East (down the street from what old farts like me still call the Standard Oil Building but is now officially known as Aon Center) - or, as anyone that doesn't live around here calls it - "downtown". Across the street is Maggie Daley Park and then Millennium Park. Funny how people can live IN a city but when they refer to going to the center of it they still say they are going downtown. :ROFLMAO: There IS a Mariano's about a block away on the edge of Lakeshore East Park, though, so we both got that going for us, which is nice.
Ford Bronco Northern Illinois so-ive-got-that-goin-for-me

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe - though I thought earlier you said your daughter lived up by Wrigley. Old farts like me still insist on calling that neighborhood "Lakeview" (and I used to live there, Irving & Southport and later Sheffield & School). The neighborhood I currently live in is known as Lakeshore East (down the street from what old farts like me still call the Standard Oil Building but is now officially known as Aon Center) - or, as anyone that doesn't live around here calls it - "downtown". Across the street is Maggie Daley Park and then Millennium Park. Funny how people can live IN a city but when they refer to going to the center of it they still say they are going downtown. :ROFLMAO: There IS a Mariano's about a block away on the edge of Lakeshore East Park, though, so we both got that going for us, which is nice.
Ford Bronco Northern Illinois so-ive-got-that-goin-for-me
YIKES.....IM NOT TOO GOOD ON NAMES OF NEIGHBORHOODS!! YES, SHE'S SOUTH OF WRIGLEY NEAR THE MARIANO'S OFF OF BROADWAY, I THINK!! WE'LL BE VISITING CHICAGO MORE SINCE MY DAUGHTER RECENTLY STARTED TEACHING FOR CPS LAST YEAR, SO HOPEFULLY I'LL GET TO KNOW MORE AREAS!!

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
YIKES.....IM NOT TOO GOOD ON NAMES OF NEIGHBORHOODS!! YES, SHE'S SOUTH OF WRIGLEY NEAR THE MARIANO'S OFF OF BROADWAY, I THINK!! WE'LL BE VISITING CHICAGO MORE SINCE MY DAUGHTER RECENTLY STARTED TEACHING FOR CPS LAST YEAR, SO HOPEFULLY I'LL GET TO KNOW MORE AREAS!!
OK, so she's like right on the virtual dividing line between Lakeview and Lincoln Park (the neighborhood, not the park). Nice area. With the pandemic everything's in chaos but across the street from that Mariano's is a great BYO Mexican restaurant, Chilam Bilam. Hopefully they are still in business when you come up and visit your daughter when the pandemic crisis lifts and we can all eat out indoors again.

OBXRKFD

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello I am the General Sales Manager of a Ford dealership and a HUGE Bronco guy! Growing up we had a 79 Bronco Orange with a white top and a Manual trans it was a blast! Lots of good memories looking forward to buying a new Bronco when they come out!
Hi Brian! I’m currently reserved through the Anderson Ford! Do you know if Manley is doing anything on pricing? Haven’t settled on which dealer to place my actual order through yet.

Sponsored

terrible4130

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey guys. Im in Ukrainian village. I got my reservation minutes after the website was live. My current dealer is Fox. Ive purchased a car there before and it was a perfectly decent experience. Ive been chatting with a dealer there and assured me there will be no mark up. Other than speculation is there any other reason not to go with the local dealer? There is still timefor me to switch, but would love to stay local if possible.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey guys. Im in Ukrainian village. I got my reservation minutes after the website was live. My current dealer is Fox. Ive purchased a car there before and it was a perfectly decent experience. Ive been chatting with a dealer there and assured me there will be no mark up. Other than speculation is there any other reason not to go with the local dealer? There is still timefor me to switch, but would love to stay local if possible.
Well the difference between MSRP and dealer invoice ranges from $500 to over $2,000 depending on your trim level. And then you've got some dealers that are offering $1,000 to $2,000 below dealer invoice, depending upon your reservation date. So it's up to you if you want to save money or not.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
HEY, KEEP ME POSTED!! OSWEGO IS JUST A COUPLE OF MINUTES AWAY FROM ME!!
HEY EVERYONE IN THE CHICAGOLAND AREA, THERE'S A BRONCO SPORT AT HAWK FORD IN ST. CHARLES! WHILE WORKING TODAY, I DROVE PAST HAWK FORD AND SAW THE BRONCO SPORT OUT IN THE LOT! THE LOT'S GATES KEPT ME FROM GETTING A CLOSEUP, BUT IT LOOKED DARK COLORED UNDER THE SNOW! I'M GOING TO TRY AND STOP BY IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS TO SEE IF THEY HAVE OTHERS ON THE LOT. IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE SOME COLORS IN PERSON BEFORE ORDERING!!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

HEY EVERYONE IN THE CHICAGOLAND AREA, THERE'S A BRONCO SPORT AT HAWK FORD IN ST. CHARLES! WHILE WORKING TODAY, I DROVE PAST HAWK FORD AND SAW THE BRONCO SPORT OUT IN THE LOT! THE LOT'S GATES KEPT ME FROM GETTING A CLOSEUP, BUT IT LOOKED DARK COLORED UNDER THE SNOW! I'M GOING TO TRY AND STOP BY IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS TO SEE IF THEY HAVE OTHERS ON THE LOT. IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE SOME COLORS IN PERSON BEFORE ORDERING!!
It’s a Base.
Hagerty in w Chicago had two last week. OB and a base. Hopkins in Elgin had two a couple weeks ago.

lbryja

First Edition
First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you want to see what Area 51 looks like in person they have one at Haggerty Ford in West Chicago. 330 E Roosevelt Rd, West Chicago, IL 60185

I went to go take a look at it this weekend because that is the color I am leaning towards for my Bronco. It's definitely darker in person. Close to the Anvil color that Jeep had a couple of years ago.
Sponsored