Sponsored

NOT MAKING THE DEALERSHIP BRONCO ALLOCATION CUT...What happens NOW?

Tahotrvlr

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tahotrvlr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'75 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Just received news from my dealership that my July 15 11:54 am reservation timestamp has me on the cusp on not making my selected Dealership's Bronco allocation.

This dealership has 500 or so reservations. I was told a few weeks ago that I was well within, what he perceived as a 30% cutoff point for his dealership allocation. However, as of today I am not going to make the cut for their first allocation. According to my dealer, I am presently one or two spots after the first allocation cutoff.

So now what?

-Are the dealerships on a rolling allocation number system? If they ship a few does Ford then add the next converted orders to their dealership's allocation?

Or , do they completely fill the allocation, then begin a second allocation that Ford determines later.

-Am I knocked to MY 22?

-Have I missed the window to find another dealer where I can make the cut? If so, how would one find that dealership?

Do not know what to do?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated
-Tahotrvlr
Sponsored

Last edited:

BenBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remember that the dealer will not convert all of their reservations. Some people will drop out and you will move up.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At this point it seems no one has a solid answer - but to the folks who believe this system is logical or fair... god I would hate to see you run a company.

Just keep tweeting levine until they release some official statement.

The only thing that should push anyone to MY22 is production constraints...allocation makes zero sense for this situation

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Door A: you can cancel
Door B: you have a fairly early reservation, depending on your build and which of the "Deadly 6" you are building, JUST CHILL! You're doing better than 120k+ people...

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the initial allocation, depending how many conversions they get their allocation could go up or down. plus, do you think all 30% ahead of you are going to convert? You should proceed with ordering as if you will get a MY21, but manage your expectations that it could be MY22

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
According to my dealer, I am one or two spots after the first allocation cutoff.
You'll be okay. At least one or two (most likely more) of the reservations ahead of you, will not convert.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no hard and fast answer and won't be until ordering closes in March. It's all speculation and guesswork. There could be 60-70% of reservations converted or more likely 30-40%. You'd think dealers would be doing everything in their power to get reservations converted and boost their allocations as high as possible but it doesn't even seem like they're all doing that.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The allocation numbers will change.

Some of the people ahead of you will have Broncos that won't be able to be built or be delayed.

Some will just drop.

Put your order in. It's quite likely you'll end up in the first 30% when the real numbers come in after the ordering said and done.

A_Locke

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius, 1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on the information you provided, you should expect a 22MY Bronco. If I were you I would decide:

Are there any late availability options you like that you would prefer to have on your Bronco? If you were to place an order now and your Bronco were at 22MY, would you be disappointed for not choosing some of the 22MY options?

If you say yes, I would hold off and wait for 22MY to guarantee those options. If no, I would place your order as is and hope it is 21MY.

Unfortunately, based on what Ford has said, there is not much you can do in terms of changing dealers. I also don't think it's likely that changing dealers will help you. Going by what I've heard back from my dealer and what Granger has said on here, it seems that Ford is allocating their dealers roughly 30-50% of their reservations. One way to stay positive is if you submit an order and more people cancel or delay to 22MY than what Ford is expecting, you could get bumped up into 21MY. It's all based on luck and timing, ultimately I would choose what to do based on 22MY/Late Availability options.

Best of luck!

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V:

All of you who think you just missed the allocation cut-off or are on the bubble need to go ahead and submit anyhow. I gave a more real world example to our Texas group but it applies here and to all as well. A bit of math for you:

Little Johnny reserved his Bronco on 7/15 at 8am, is number 160 at Brand X dealership, and is upset he is not going to get a MY21 Bronco.

Brand X dealer reservations prior to 9/18 = 300
Estimated dealer allocations = 90 (it has been determined that all dealers received 30% of their pre 9/18 reservations)
Estimated conversion rate per Ford = 70% (all of us here assume it will be much lower)
Estimated buyers wanting MY21 = 80% (based on some internal surveys 20% are wanting to wait for MY22 available options)

If Lil Johnny does not care to have any of the MY22 options and submits his order to Brand X dealership, will he receive a MY21?

The answer is: Yes!*

With only a 70% conversion rate before him, Lil Johnny becomes #112 on the list. (160 x 0.7 = 112)
With only 80% of those converted buyers wanting a MY21, Lil Johnny becomes #90 (112 x .8 =90)
Now, Lil Johnny can sit back and relax and wait until Q4 for his MY21 Bronco arrive.

*Disclaimer (and must be read fast in radio lawyer voice): assuming an equal conversion rate across all dealerships and not taking into account the other 50% of the allocation formula (competing sales and national sales) which we have no way of accounting for at this time. Also assumes that Ford can build the 60k units they said they could for MY21 and does not drastically reduce that number. Also does not assume a Covid factor for there is no telling how that will affect the supply chain.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yep, 30% off all the reservations means if 70% convert (which seems very high to me), 43% of actual orders will be allocated from the start. You are fine.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Squatch