Sponsored

Noticing a pattern with new equipment releasing.

Brettlil17

Outer Banks
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hoss 3.0, dual tops, standard subwoofers etc….

If a new component is offered, don’t add it if you want your bronco scheduled to be built!!! All the new offerings become restraints shortly after releasing them!

I’m not really sure of the motive but there is a definite pattern happening…
Sponsored

OP
OP

Brettlil17

Outer Banks
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The whole process is a lot more lucrative than what I originally thought it was going to be. I figured select options I wanted, get the dealer to order it. Updates along the way, pick up my new car!

But if you actually want a bronco the process is much more strategic. You must find a dealer with a good allocation to order ratio. Order the trim with the most availability. Add and remove options as they become restrained. must do all this while in the dark and using outside information from forums or a few good select internet dealers…

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not speaking for the experience of other dealers but commodities and scheduling are partially based on market, region, zone and dealer factors. All of us have been given an "estimated" allocation but that does not mean they're going to build X number of my orders regardless of constraints.

I assume super large dealers have better back channel communication or just plain better reps than others if they're telling folks if they order, it will get scheduled and built. I don't honestly believe this is happening unless there's some sort of bypass allowed to a select few dealers.

Through the ordering system we can get an idea of what Ford's going to be able to build and schedule in the coming period but that does not directly translate into actionable material for currently ordered vehicles. Gotta remember, the regions, markets and zones all factor into this. Ford is trying to spread scheduling out to all of these as they can but a ton of different factors go into how that happens. If one market has nothing but WTs, they're going to get the bulk of the allocation. Now, because of all of the commodity issues, it becomes even more complex but they still have to keep the line running and building what they can.

Most dealers will probably be honest and tell you what they think the chances are of your order getting built based on their past sales history. Anyone right now that tells you they can get anything built this year on a new order is probably full of shit and just trying to get a hook in and will play the game as long as possible. Right now everyone knows what the issues are if you decide to place a new order with one or more of these constraints you should just assume it's going to be a year wait or more. You want one sooner, order a 4D soft top, high, mid, std, soft top.

Ford is notorious for planning out their launches and sticking to a cadence timeline come hell or high water. Should you be skeptical of any new product/feature/option release on a Bronco right now? Based on the track record so far, hell yes. To avoid the roller coaster ride thousands of folks are still on, my suggestion is to let the 2023 model year go by and see if Ford is able to untangle this mess.
Sponsored