Sponsored

Why isn’t Ford just releasing the Bronco as MY22?

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That would be the biggest solid they could do for all the loyal reservation holders.

So as people buying brand new MY22 vehicles from other manufacturers drive their brand new MY22 vehicles off the lots, loyal Bronco reservation holders aren’t still waiting to pick up and drive their MY21s off the lots.

Not sure why Ford is so hell-bent on releasing a brand new vehicle as the previous model year.

Edit: Not only that, but it would completely resolve the issue of people getting the tops they want. First Edition reservation holders could get the MOD top by just waiting a bit extra (instead of being forced into the MIC top) and still be released as a first year MY22 First Edition.
Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That would be the biggest solid they could do for all the loyal reservation holders.

So as people buying brand new MY22 vehicles from other manufacturers drive their brand new MY22 vehicles off the lots, loyal Bronco reservation holders aren’t still waiting to pick up and drive their MY21s off the lots.

Not sure why Ford is so hell-bent on releasing a brand new vehicle as the previous model year.
I AGREE! It would be a win for Ford and a win for all Bronco owners.

OP
OP

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I AGREE! It would be a win for Ford and a win for all Bronco owners.
Yeah, I’m sure people would understand (if not PREFER) if Ford just did that.
There was a nasty global crisis. We get it, having the launch MY number end in a 2 instead of a 1 is fine.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honest question I hope someone can explain to me...

Im confused about what people mean when they ask this question.

Some people make it sound like they think Ford shouldn’t release any Bronco’s until MY22 production... but that doesn’t make any sense to me because if they can sell units to people who want it now, they should.

Some people make it sound like they should just call the Broncos they’re building now MY22... but that doesn’t make any sense to me because it would mean a weird 18 month model year and then they either don’t make improvements in 6 months, or you have a weird mid-year change... in which case you should have just done a short MY21 to begin with. Is it that even though they’ll have a Bronco made during MY21 production, they want to call it a MY22?

So my question is:

When people say that Ford should just make all Broncos MY22, what do they mean, and what’s the benefit?

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Simple: it pushes everyone back.

The problem is there simply aren't good answers that fit everyone.

I'm not thrilled with how things have gone, but I'd hate for the to push everyone back another 7-9 months.

If you mean just calling them all a MY22, I don't see the benefit.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Edit: Not only that, but it would completely resolve the issue of people getting the tops they want. First Edition reservation holders could get the MOD top by just waiting a bit extra (instead of being forced into the MIC top) and still be released as a first year MY22 First Edition.
Ford Bronco Why isn’t Ford just releasing the Bronco as MY22? 1616797474337

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some people make it sound like they think Ford shouldn’t release any Bronco’s until MY22 production... but that doesn’t make any sense to me because if they can sell units to people who want it now, they should.

Some people make it sound like they should just call the Broncos they’re building now MY22... but that doesn’t make any sense to me because it would mean a weird 18 month model year and then they either don’t make improvements in 6 months, or you have a weird mid-year change... in which case you should have just done a short MY21 to begin with.

So my question is:

When people say that Ford should just make all Broncos MY22, what do they mean, and what’s the benefit?
It benefits the folks that are going to keep the vehicle for a short time: resale value only. Those that plan on keeping it for 100-150-200k miles are less incensed about this issue.

To the OP:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Some people make it sound like they think Ford should release any Bronco’s until MY22 production... but that doesn’t make any sense to me because if they can sell units to people who want it now, they should.

Some people make it sound like they should just call the Broncos they’re building now MY22... but that doesn’t make any sense to me because it would mean a weird 18 month model year and then they either don’t make improvements in 6 months, or you have a weird mid-year change... in which case you should have just done a short MY21 to begin with.

So my question is:

It wouldn’t delay the production.

It helps their loyal customers with vehicle depreciation since MY22s will be out very soon after the MY21s.

It resolves the top issue for First Edition orders that were forced to downgrade to the MIC top since Ford did that to make sure First Editions were released first year. If MOD top is MY22, and MY22 is the first year, First Edition with MOD top=first year release.

TSSPat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some people make it sound like they should just call the Broncos they’re building now MY22... but that doesn’t make any sense to me because it would mean a weird 18 month model year and then they either don’t make improvements in 6 months, or you have a weird mid-year change... in which case you should have just done a short MY21 to begin with. Is it that even though they’ll have a Bronco made during MY21 production, they want to call it a MY22?

So my question is:

I believe some people just have a preconceived notion that when it comes time to sell, they'll get more value out of a "MY22" vs a "MY21".

Silly if you ask me, as I plan on running this Bronco into the ground or blow it up in the process so they'll be nothing to sell at the end of the day 🤣🔥💣💥

OP
OP

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Simple: it pushes everyone back.

The problem is there simply aren't good answers that fit everyone.

I'm not thrilled with how things have gone, but I'd hate for the to push everyone back another 7-9 months.

If you mean just calling them all a MY22, I don't see the benefit.
It wouldn’t delay the production or release.

It helps their loyal customers with vehicle depreciation since MY22s will be out very soon after the MY21s.

It resolves the top issue for First Edition orders that were forced to downgrade to the MIC top since Ford did that to make sure First Editions were released first year. If MOD top is MY22, and MY22 is the first year, First Edition with MOD top=first year release.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It wouldn’t delay the production.

This doesn’t make sense to me.

The vehicle is the same age/mileage regardless of what MY it is. No one would walk into a dealer 6 months before the MY change over and whine it’s still the current model year.

And the problem with FE tops isn’t that the MY designation has some magical powers, it’s that they’re producing the FEs first.

Even if these were called MY22s, the Mod tops aren’t available for 6 months, so the FE won’t come with them anyway.
Sponsored