Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Aux switch
Do you remember which wire/wires you connected to the aux switch? L&E said they thought the yellow wire. Black to ground, yellow to aux, and red was not used. I haven't received mine yet, however, if I can avoid trial and error, I prefer to. Thanks!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Here I am using the horn in Big Bend NP. If you turn it up, the horse actually whinnies back.

Did you order the mating call version?

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with this:
Ford Bronco Novelty horn wiring to aux switch... 1692812984154

I just wired the red to Aux1 and Grounded the black. Lots of fun to wake up that guy on his phone sitting at the green light,

L&Ebronco

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you remember which wire/wires you connected to the aux switch? L&E said they thought the yellow wire. Black to ground, yellow to aux, and red was not used. I haven't received mine yet, however, if I can avoid trial and error, I prefer to. Thanks!
Went out and looked and took couple pics. Red to positive battery, black to neg battery, yellow to the aux wire of your choice.

IMG_4601.jpeg

IMG_4602.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronceaux

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Went out and looked and took couple pics. Red to positive battery, black to neg battery, yellow to the aux wire of your choice.

IMG_4601.jpeg

IMG_4602.jpeg

Ford Bronco Novelty horn wiring to aux switch... IMG_4602

L&E, thank you so much for taking the time to do that. Nice choice for location as well. I misunderstood, and assumed the red wire was deleted. I am very curious if the red AND yellow can be connected to the aux switch. I may have to take a moment to test that before installing. Thanks again!

L&Ebronco

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
L&E, thank you so much for taking the time to do that. Nice choice for location as well. I misunderstood, and assumed the red wire was deleted. I am very curious if the red AND yellow can be connected to the aux switch. I may have to take a moment to test that before installing. Thanks again!
No problem buddy. It took awhile for me to find a good spot. I think I remember the instructions say keep away from water. That was best place I could find and why I turned it to the side. Had to drill two holes but it was pretty easy. Honestly that might work. Just twist those two together and briefly connect to aux and see if it will trigger it.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Curious why you connected to aux switch AND a constant power source to the battery? The aux switches are your (switched) power source.

L&Ebronco

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious why you connected to aux switch AND a constant power source to the battery? The aux switches are your (switched) power source.
I think just bc the directions told me too lol. This was in aug of 21, and first time using any aux switches. Wasnā€™t super familiar w wiring to factory installed switches. And wasnā€™t much info on the forums bc not many people had their broncos.

OP
OP
Bronceaux

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think just bc the directions told me too lol. This was in aug of 21, and first time using any aux switches. Wasnā€™t super familiar w wiring to factory installed switches. And wasnā€™t much info on the forums bc not many people had their broncos.
I was very methodical in my first accessory wiring attempts. First foray into 12v accessory wiring since installing my own stereos as a teenager. I will say, the aux switches were one of the best additions I made to my base sasquatch during the order process. I would encourage everyone to pay the extra for them, even if they have no plans to use them. You will.......

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronceaux

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like this idea. I have a couple aux switches still available. Let us know how it works
I wired the black wire to the battery ground, and both the red, and yellow wires to aux switch 4. I flip the switch on, and back off when the cycle is complete. But it also stops on its own, after one cycle, even if you don't turn it off.

DRC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I also have the Boom Blaster installed. Using Aux Switch #6. I have to toggle the switch. I have been looking for a way to put a spring behind the aux switch to make the aux switch momentary. Any ideas?

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went with this:

I just wired the red to Aux1 and Grounded the black. Lots of fun to wake up that guy on his phone sitting at the green light,
How are you liking it? Is it significantly louder, or sound like a knock off?

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How are you liking it? Is it significantly louder, or sound like a knock off?
Itā€™s very loud, but just a novelty. Iā€™m not that much of a horn person (I didnā€™t learn to drive in NY - lol). I mostly use it to announce that Iā€™m home. It will get attention if ever needed.

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Itā€™s very loud, but just a novelty. Iā€™m not that much of a horn person (I didnā€™t learn to drive in NY - lol). I mostly use it to announce that Iā€™m home. It will get attention if ever needed.
Thanks for the reply.

Is it high pitched or deeper tone like a classic semi?
Sponsored