Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m wanting to wire these into the aux switch instead of using the switch it came with. I did this with my bumper and cut pretty much everything out.

Wouldn’t I just cut the wire here? White wire to the aux switch of my choice and the black to ground? The relay would hook up right here. Thanks.

View attachment 542762

View attachment 542763
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m wanting to wire these into the aux switch instead of using the switch it came with. I did this with my bumper and cut pretty much everything out.

Wouldn’t I just cut the wire here? White wire to the aux switch of my choice and the black to ground? The relay would hook up right here. Thanks.

View attachment 542762

View attachment 542763
Your attachments won't open for me but sounds like you are on the right track. I did the same, whacked the harness & switch and went directly to aux wiring...I did away with they relay as well.

OP
OP
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Appreciate it. I thought so, I found a video online shortly after I posted this and that’s what they did too. Never hurts to triple check lol.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The AUX switches have relays built into them. I went straight to the wire from the switch to the wires from my lights. I have a set of Hella that have a DRL along with the driving lights. One switch I ran to the DRLs the other I ran for the driving lights. The black wire I ran to ground.

You can test which wire you will need by connecting black to ground, and placing the other one on the Positive post of the battery the light should come on when done correct.

Don't use Crimp Butt Splices to connect the wires. Use a good Quilty solder butt splice with heat shrink over the top. Makes for a great water proof connection. Solder Butt Splice.
Sponsored