Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you reinstalled the original - wouldn’t it reflect the original mileage?
It would, but then you should update the mileage. My assumption is that some system would show use between the gage swaps. That would lead to inquiries and inquiries are not good...
Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone know what the clusters have inside in the way of circuit boards? Does the non-Braptor and Braptor have the same circuitry and differ only by the display? Thanks.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know what the clusters have inside in the way of circuit boards? Does the non-Braptor and Braptor have the same circuitry and differ only by the display? Thanks.
I highly doubt it.

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too should be more clear here in my original post. I think this offering is cool. It is probably something that many will like despite its shortcomings.
That said, from my perspective I wouldn't be interested in purchasing this because of the fact that it does not display the modes my Badlands has. And for this reason I feel that it has been brought to market for what is arguably a very high cost, yet without all the capability I myself would expect for my money. I would suggest and honestly really thought it was evident, that the marketing and engineering team behind the product would take note of my observations and either do something with it. Or not. For me it's important to have close to OEM integration in anything I add to the Bronco. I don't like having to offer excuses or apologies to anyone who rides with me or that I let drive the Bronco to explain why I've chosen to add it to my ride. And what if I had to sell the Bronco? I can only imagine how challenging that would become with a component that is electronically not compatible in any regard. But I guess I could re-install the old one providing I don't mind losing the core charge.

To all the other contributors on the forum who support the product. Will you actually buy this now? I'm actually curious on this so please no need to bash.

Last edited:

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tach is normally on the left. Think that's why Ford put the braptor one there
So you just gonna answer half my question? And not all tachs are normally on left. Standard bronco has it on the right. It just be better for those that actual have a manual to be on the right. But I guess if we are just copying what ford does why do anything at all 😂

Last edited:

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too should be more clear here in my original post. I think this offering is cool. It is probably something that many will like despite its shortcomings.
That said, from my perspective I wouldn't be interested in purchasing this because of the fact that it does not display the modes my Badlands has. And for this reason I feel that it has been brought to market for what is arguably a very high cost, yet without all the capability I myself would expect for my money. I would suggest and honestly really thought it was evident, that the marketing and engineering team behind the product would take note of my observations and either do something with it. Or not. For me it's important to have close to OEM integration in anything I add to the Bronco. I don't like having to offer excuses or apologies to anyone who rides with me or that I let drive the Bronco to explain why I've chosen to add it to my ride. And what if I had to sell the Bronco? I can only imagine how challenging that would become with a component that is electronically not compatible in any regard. But I guess I could re-install the old one providing I don't mind losing the core charge.

To all the other contributors on the forum who support the product. Will you actually buy this now? I'm actually curious on this so please no need to bash.
Duly noted and you are not alone. Those are all valid concerns.

While I'm sure Panda would love to offer a bespoke non-Raptor version I suspect that is not viable. You are talking about engineering expertise to modify the Ford unit that is well beyond the capabilities of most companies.

Panda has been very clear what this dash does or doesn't do. But everyone should manage their expectations if you expect more.

So many of us will wait until a digital dash is offered in the Bronco and hope that it's backward compatible.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you just gonna answer half my question? And not all tachs are normally on left. Standard bronco has it on the right. It just be better for those that actual have a manual to be on the right. But I guess if we are just copying what for does why do anything at all 😂
My old Super Duty is on the right. I've come to kind of prefer it there.

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so anyone installed it yet?

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored

fiatlux

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60 T8 Polestar Engineered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are we still awaiting word on whether this works with the manual?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are we still awaiting word on whether this works with the manual?
Yes.

And it probably won't.

The standard gauge cluster on the "normal" Bronco has two separate parts depending on the transmission, which obviously leads me to believe they have two different firmware, one for the 10R60 and one for the MT88. The Raptor obviously has never been produced with a manual, so why would Ford bother adding support for it, especially since the standard Bronco display needs a completely different part for the manual transmission.

My completely speculative untested guess is that it'll probably power on and have basic functionality. But there will be some quirks... such as the being stuck with the automatic gear indicator graphics on the display.

Last edited:

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello guys, anyone installed these yet?