Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looking for a few knowledgable opinions….
I have a OB non-sas in production. 2.7L, full time 4x4, lux pack, 4.27/REAR AXLE-LOCKING DIFF, pretty loaded.

Currently I own a 2022 Shadow Black Wildtrack w/ 20k miles.

Contemplating selling the WT, but can’t reconcile what I would be missing if I get the OB. With the above info can I assume the missing items would be the SAS lift, fender flares, 4.7 axel, and front locker? I would be putting on 35’s
Is the lack of front locker a huge deal.
Anything else I’m missing?
As far as why I’d consider making the change: Color, Mileage.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You nailed it. The two most impactful things you'll be missing is this:
  • 4.70 gear ratio
  • Front locking axle

Everything else is largely minor things that can be corrected in aftermarket, or personal preference items.

Whether those two items are important to you depends on what you'll be doing with the Bronco. If this is largely a drive-around-town sorta vehicle with occasionally weekend/vacation off-roading, you'll be fine. If this is a more serious off-roading vehicle... you'll be missing out a bit. Realistically the 4.27 axle is not a gigantic issue—less than ideal for sure, but if you aren't going larger than 35s you can make do. But the lack of a front locker will definitely limit what you can do, particularly while rock crawling.

PurpleBronco2.3

Base
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have you used your front locker with the wildtrak? If you haven’t when you had it, what makes you think you’ll want to use it when you don’t have it? Judging off of you weighing these two, sounds like you could get away with slightly worse gas mileage (due to less gearing on same tire size) and the lockers not being there.

OP
OP
Onmymarc

Onmymarc

Wildtrak
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good input. Thank you both. Haven’t used my front locker in 1.5 years so that’s a great point.
With regard to my mileage concern, I’more referring to the fact that we have 20k miles already :(

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think you’ve got two really good answers. Just adding that I spec’d my OBX with a rear locker after considering the Badlands. After checking out a few vids, like Ronny Dahl’s, on lockers and figuring the amount of off roading I’d be doing would be fairly small, it didn’t make sense for me to go for the higher trim to get the gears and front locker. They’ll be no Mickey’s hot tub for me and I’m ok with that. Having lived in South Fla. before, there’s not much in the way of rock crawling to be had there with the highest peak in the area being at the local landfill. I suppose a front locker could be used on the beach but not sure you’d need it.
Sponsored