Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are these emails transferable? If someone gets the email but does not want the top, is the offer locked to a certain VIN or something or can the email be passed to another owner to buy the hard top?
I know a pretty lady who has a '22 softie and checks her email every 5 minutes looking for the letter from Ford. Hate to have to break it to her that its gonna be next spring before she may get it.
Sponsored

Imacreative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are these emails transferable? If someone gets the email but does not want the top, is the offer locked to a certain VIN or something or can the email be passed to another owner to buy the hard top?
I know a pretty lady who has a '22 softie and checks her email every 5 minutes looking for the letter from Ford. Hate to have to break it to her that its gonna be next spring before she may get it.
You have to enter your Ford user name and password to be able to add it to your cart. So I imagine that your registered vehicleā€˜s VIN is what qualifies you for a hard top.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You have to enter your Ford user name and password to be able to add it to your cart. So I imagine that your registered vehicleā€˜s VIN is what qualifies you for a hard top.
I figured they would make it so it can't be used by anyone else. Oh well...so she waits. Thanks for the info!!

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it says that the top is not returnable. My question is that if I inspect it at the dealer before they install and find cracks and snakeskining can I refuse to take delivery and get a replacement?

Imacreative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it says that the top is not returnable. My question is that if I inspect it at the dealer before they install and find cracks and snakeskining can I refuse to take delivery and get a replacement?
I believe that once you order and it has shipped - whether to you or your dealer, Ford will not accept a return due to the high cost of logistics. But if there is a defect in the product, Iā€™m sure they will replace the hard top.

I choose the $300 dealer install option just to make sure that I am not liable for anything such as defect of the product or install issues.

Sponsored

ColbyLang

Outer Banks
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sierra Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
October 21 build here. I got the email and ordered the top. Like many of you, we ordered with both tops and dropped hardtop to get sooner. Still didnā€™t receive Bronco till mid January 22. My dealer is telling me 3-6 months, doesnā€™t think 12

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
October 21 build here. I got the email and ordered the top. Like many of you, we ordered with both tops and dropped hardtop to get sooner. Still didnā€™t receive Bronco till mid January 22. My dealer is telling me 3-6 months, doesnā€™t think 12

Your dealer is saying its gong to take 3-6 months for the accessory hard top to show up?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

$5000? My wife just bought her 2024 Outer Banks hardtop and window sticker said hard top was a $2,000 upgrade. LOL
You did not factor in the mandatory Sasqustch package. Part of the OBX package original concept was standard painted wheel arches

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford didn't MAKE anyone switch to a soft top. They offered it as an option to get your Bronco sooner. People got screwed in many other ways, but no one was forced to make the switch.

We never flinched and got 2 2021 hardtops (October and November)
But I can guarantee your hardtop are not the painted MOD top I agreed to forgo to take delivery 30 months ago. And I was not given the option to switch to a MIC

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

SKU: M10500HT for those that haven't found it on the ford accessories site yet. Seems like it will be a long wait just to get the invite for anyone beyond a 2021 MY.

@bmclain is your invite link transferable to other customers?
If you read flips post #1 you would know better. The email offer is only for the recipient.

ColbyLang

Outer Banks
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sierra Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your dealer is saying its gong to take 3-6 months for the accessory hard top to show up?
He said could be sooner. They donā€™t usually offer for sale and not have in stock. Soooo, another waiting game

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Coming up on lease end it is perfect time for me to fold tge top into financing my buyout......but no email yet and I was early 9/21 build with 10/21 delivery

B_Wagon136

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you read flips post #1 you would know better. The email offer is only for the recipient.
Not necessarily, for someone creative enough.

Say someone gets the invite link but they have no interest in a hard-top. They could still log-in to their own ford account and place an order with their invite link to a dealership of someone elseā€™s choosing, with someone elseā€™s payment information. And that someone else can be the customer who picks it up when it arrives at the dealership because their name would be on the order.

Thatā€™s the situation that I havenā€™t seen addressed yet. If it exists somewhere, my apologies for missing it, for an oracle I am not.

Imacreative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not necessarily, for someone creative enough.

Say someone gets the invite link but they have no interest in a hard-top. They could still log-in to their own ford account and place an order with their invite link to a dealership of someone elseā€™s choosing, with someone elseā€™s payment information. And that someone else can be the customer who picks it up when it arrives at the dealership because their name would be on the order.

Thatā€™s the situation that I havenā€™t seen addressed yet. If it exists somewhere, my apologies for missing it, for an oracle I am not.
So when you order the hard top to be shipped to the dealership, one enters a name but the address is that of the dealership. I wonder if, during pickup time, the accessory team will ask for the purchasers Ford log-in for VIN verification along with the ID? It maybe a risky situation for both seller and buyer.
Sponsored