John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone remember the dual tops price from the original order pricing? I seem to recall that it was around $2500.
So if @Ford really wants to make it up to all of us who decided we wanted to get our Bronco before the end of time occurred and switched to soft top (yes I got the extra points which in no way compares to this current pricing deal) then they should offer it to us somewhere within that original pricing range!!
Points received were if I recall the equivalent of around $1895.
Sponsored

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember a time when I switched from a 2 door to a 4 door to try and get my Bronco sooner. Then if I switch from a hard top to a soft top I may get my Bronco sooner. Still took 20 months. Wonder if I'll be on this magic list? Probably not.
I did the same thing, never got the extra points for having switched from hardtop to softtop because I went from a 2DR hardtop to a 4 dr soft top

Does anyone remember the dual tops price from the original order pricing? I seem to recall that it was around $2500.
So if @Ford really wants to make it up to all of us who decided we wanted to get our Bronco before the end of time occurred and switched to soft top (yes I got the extra points which in no way compares to this current pricing deal) then they should offer it to us somewhere within that original pricing range!!
couldn't agree more

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Id like a white or tan soft top. The only good thing about the hard top is the rear glass. To me, they should all come with the larger skyrider to flip open on impulse.
The main downside of the Skyrider is the noise. The faster you go, the more buffeting there is. It also let's in much more road & tire noise, at all speeds, compared to the MIC top. It 2x noisier than MIC, at least, on the highway. But on the beach, or around town, it's great! And, properly installed, it doesn't leak. I'm impressed with the quality.

Giddyup Buttercup

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I live in NH, when I ordered my Bronco it was with a soft top to get it sooner. ford apparently said that I was not getting a soft top and built it with just a hard top. My dealer is the one that made it take a year to get by some how getting it stuck in "order processing".

Sponsored

JayGar562

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone actually gotten the email yet? I see they have it listed on accessories.ford.com but you cannot purchase unless you received the email.

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've seen this mentioned by a few of ya'll in here... Curious what your take is on this. I ordered a hard top early, but it was somehow switched to a soft top without any communication or approval from me (I would've never made the switch, and there's zero paper trail on this). I only caught it when the vehicle was on it's way to the dealer (Rush Truck), Aug 2021. Rush assured me I would get the points mentioned above, and it would be no problem to add the hard top when available. Not only did the points never come, Rush went radio silent in helping me to get them. And I've since realized that my delivery was a month before the hard-top prep kit was available, something that was of course never mentioned when this switch was made. So I'll never be able to hook up the hard top the way I originally wanted (without a DIY mod, which there's a great thread on).

Obviously, there was a ton of chaos, misinformation, and frustration in those early days. But hard not to feel especially screwed by Rush and/or Ford.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen this mentioned by a few of ya'll in here... Curious what your take is on this. I ordered a hard top early, but it was somehow switched to a soft top without any communication or approval from me (I would've never made the switch, and there's zero paper trail on this). I only caught it when the vehicle was on it's way to the dealer (Rush Truck), Aug 2021. Rush assured me I would get the points mentioned above, and it would be no problem to add the hard top when available. Not only did the points never come, Rush went radio silent in helping me to get them. And I've since realized that my delivery was a month before the hard-top prep kit was available, something that was of course never mentioned when this switch was made. So I'll never be able to hook up the hard top the way I originally wanted (without a DIY mod, which there's a great thread on).

Obviously, there was a ton of chaos, misinformation, and frustration in those early days. But hard not to feel especially screwed by Rush and/or Ford.
Dang that sucks, def you got screwed over. If you still want a hard top you should get a TOR top. Cheaper and better quality than the MIC. It doesn’t require wiper or defrost connections either

Sponsored

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
hah, it was a game of thrones reference. just be glad you missed all the woes.

ADV has burned a lot of bridges with people here with very very poor communication and promise/deadlines missed over and over. if you give them money, there is absolutely no guarantee when exactly you will get a top.

Rally Tops, Anderson, and Turn Offroad are in delivery with different lead times. Armadillo Designs is building an aluminum one that is supposed head out the door soon too, but they haven't produce a square back prototype yet, only a slant back.

So literally every other manufacturer has beat ADV who was first to announce to actual deliveries.

I have the Turn top, very satisfied.
Thank you for sharing this. When i read the caption i was excited but once i got into the details i realized Ford wants to re-traumatize early Bronco owners again. Too many disclaimers, especially with the one year potential delivery timeline. Also, maybe they should have gone by those who actively sought the modular hardtop but had to drop it because Ford could not produce it.
I would very much like the new hardtop in the next 3 months but i refuse to be sucked into another wait game. I like the Anderson composite hardtop but i live in Hawaii and shipping cost will be brutal.
If anyone happens to get one I would consider buying it- new, not used.

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ordered Feb 2022, converted to 2023. Ford offered us the $2,500 credit if we bailed on the hard top but we rejected it. Ended up getting scheduled 2 months later anyways.

Ford doesn’t owe anyone who took the offer anything. You already got the $2,500 credit.
I disagree totally. If this were a court case i would see your point but in a customer relationship context this is malpractice. The best outcome for those that wanted a hardtop was a hardtop, which Ford failed to full-fill and did the right thing offering the point which some accepted.
By the same token, as a legal matter, Ford does not have to offer the hard top for sale either but from a customer relationship standpoint it would idiotic not to offer them.

Now, the best approach is to give the right of first refusal to those whose expectations were not met the first time- those who specifically requested a hardtop when they placed their orders.

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
hah, it was a game of thrones reference. just be glad you missed all the woes.

ADV has burned a lot of bridges with people here with very very poor communication and promise/deadlines missed over and over. if you give them money, there is absolutely no guarantee when exactly you will get a top.

Rally Tops, Anderson, and Turn Offroad are in delivery with different lead times. Armadillo Designs is building an aluminum one that is supposed head out the door soon too, but they haven't produce a square back prototype yet, only a slant back.

So literally every other manufacturer has beat ADV who was first to announce to actual deliveries.

I have the Turn top, very satisfied.
Lol thanks for the warning. I guess there is no where to run😂😂 Everywhere there is a screw up of some kind.