B_Wagon136

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So when you order the hard top to be shipped to the dealership, one enters a name but the address is that of the dealership. I wonder if, during pickup time, the accessory team will ask for the purchasers Ford log-in for VIN verification along with the ID? It maybe a risky situation for both seller and buyer.
Yeah, there are some unknown's - hence trying to sort it out. I don't see why a dealership would care if the name of the order-holder for an accessory part matches a particular VIN. I reached out to my dealer via email and they said they have zero control over the priority list, nor any visibility of it -- meaning they have no way of knowing how close or far I am from approaching the front of the line for the invitation link.

I take that to assume that dealers won't be cross-checking to confirm eligibility when accessory hard-tops arrive. They simply seem to be the intermediary by which the transaction is completed.
Sponsored

Imacreative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, there are some unknown's - hence trying to sort it out. I don't see why a dealership would care if the name of the order-holder for an accessory part matches a particular VIN. I reached out to my dealer via email and they said they have zero control over the priority list, nor any visibility of it -- meaning they have no way of knowing how close or far I am from approaching the front of the line for the invitation link.

I take that to assume that dealers won't be cross-checking to confirm eligibility when accessory hard-tops arrive. They simply seem to be the intermediary by which the transaction is completed.
I reached out to my dealer accessory department and they didn't really give me a clear answer about the process of picking up the hard top order. They are just assuming that it would be like any other accessory order, but would be carried out via forklift to your vehicle.

And you are correct about the dealership having no way to track orders for the hardtop.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So it says that the top is not returnable. My question is that if I inspect it at the dealer before they install and find cracks and snakeskining can I refuse to take delivery and get a replacement?
That would be a concern, unless Ford has completely eliminated the issue of exterior surface cracking? Hopefully the warranty is long enough to deal with any issues.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If one is purchased, I would definitely give it a thorough inspection. Look at how many people have had hard tops replaced that had to go through multiple reorders to get a good one.

ColbyLang

Outer Banks
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sierra Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I purchased. Just got email from FoMoCo telling me to schedule my install. Texted my salesman and asked if it had shown up (which I doubt). Awaiting a call back

Sponsored

doink

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350. Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A week. Ordered last Thursday. Delivered this morning.
Incredible.

Was getting ready to ask if anyone has gotten theirs yet.

Just ordered mine yesterday.

Any issues getting it installed?

Sponsored

ColbyLang

Outer Banks
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sierra Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Incredible.

Was getting ready to ask if anyone has gotten theirs yet.

Just ordered mine yesterday.

Any issues getting it installed?
Not yet, I paid for install instead of shipping to Louisiana. Have a front shock that needs to be replaced and 2-3 recalls to be done at the same time. They’ve lined me up for Wednesday drop off, gimme a loaner, pick up Thursday afternoon or Friday morning. They’re nervous as this will be their first hard top install. I told them I’d come do it with them.

ColbyLang

Outer Banks
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sierra Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Follow up: dropping Bronco off at lunchtime for recalls and front shock replacement. It’ll get the hardtop installed first thing tomorrow morning.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So when you order the hard top to be shipped to the dealership, one enters a name but the address is that of the dealership. I wonder if, during pickup time, the accessory team will ask for the purchasers Ford log-in for VIN verification along with the ID? It maybe a risky situation for both seller and buyer.
My simple understanding of reading the info would be that only tops with VIN assigned and dealer installation scheduled would ship to dealer as the implied high cost extra shipping would be to the customer address for self install rather than dealer install.

Shipment of large parts and even regular stock orders to dealers is by 53' van trailer 99% of the time which SHOULD mean that maybe the tops shipped to dealer have a nominal crating charge but not a $500 freight charge.

Or I could be totally wrong.

What I have realized is that I, despite being a day 1 res and October 2021 delivery, will probably not get an email and a golden ticket because I am leasing my Bronco....the owner of record still being FoMoCo

Any help from official Ford rep in getting a top assigned in my lease buyout would be appreciated and allow financing of the top along with the purchase.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And there is or always has been a difference in warranty for accessories dealer vs self install.
1 year vs 90 day? Just asking
Sponsored