Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Inwonder if our current insurance would cover anything? For me it's not the $75 as much as its that $3,500 deductible. Don't know about you guys but I pay not much more than that per month for one of my normal cars and ot has a $100 deductible.

That's the part that's BS.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Inwonder if our current insurance would cover anything? For me it's not the $75 as much as its that $3,500 deductible. Don't know about you guys but I pay not much more than that per month for one of my normal cars and ot has a $100 deductible.

I called my agent (State Farm) and asked if I was covered by my policy and the answer was🤷. Apparently, too much of a gray area.

Internally_Combusted

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy C10
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your normal insurance isn't risk rated for all of your driving to be on off-road trails. This is much more comparable to track insurance. Track insurance on something that costs as much as a Bronco is about $350 per weekend / event with a deductible that is 10% of the value of the car. The risk of totaling a car on track is likely much higher than on the off rodeo courses but that's reflected in the price.

ajdavis19

First Edition
First Name
Alden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m going to the TX Off-Roadeo. Just interested in how many of you who have been, bought the $75 damage protection insurance and how many planning to go are going to purchase it.
Do you ask yourself the same question when you rent cars? If the answer is yes then, you should probably get it.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I called my agent (State Farm) and asked if I was covered by my policy and the answer was🤷. Apparently, too much of a gray area.
Well crap...thats my insurance company as well.

Like others have said, chances of doing significant damage on a controlled beginer course like the Rodeo is probably slim.

Sponsored

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do you ask yourself the same question when you rent cars? If the answer is yes then, you should probably get it.
Except it’s $19/day with Enterprise and there’s no deductible. Usually saves people on cracked windshields and deer strikes around here.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not the same. I don't purchase insurance when I rent cars because my credit card provides free insurance. Since you aren't paying for this, credit card insurance doesn't apply.

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I paid the $75 when I went. Just got back today. You go over some CRAZY stuff out there when you are driving. I went over stuff harder than I have ever driven and I have been on some hard trails around Ouray, CO. You have some 25 degree tilts left and right. You do a long, more than 30 degree climb. You do a long 35 degree degree descent which is kind of crazy, especially because you are using Trail Control and just steering. I didn't wreck or dent the ones I drove but someone in another group had to get recovered. I don't know how badly they damaged their Bronco. Be safe, get it. If you don't need it, good. If you do need it, doubly good.
Sponsored