Sponsored

MeBoosta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 f250 Highboy, 2x rare as rocking horse poo Isuzus
I told you guys the pricing would be reasonable! I know the 2.7L being auto only is a bummer to some, but the 2.3L is still more powerful than the 3.6L in the Wrangler, which is the only engine available with a manual. Then if you add a Ford Performance tune (like the one recently introduced for Ranger), you get WAY more power than the 3.6L Wrangler. So if the 2.7L being auto only is a deal breaker, where are you going to go? An even less powerful Wrangler? I just don't understand...
Peak power is irrelevant it's the area under the curve. No real new options so either stick out the 2.3, wait and hope, or drop the 7.3 godzilla in something old. Seems a bit foolish to develop a whole new manual transmission and not spread out development costs as much as possible...
Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not just offer the manual on both engines?
they may have had to design a new bellhousing for that. might come next MY

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Am I the only weird guy thinkin a soft top two doors would be the standard? Had a hardtop wrangler, always wanted the soft top. Sad. Hopefully the Sasquatch package is decently priced. Fingers crossed.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I told you guys the pricing would be reasonable! I know the 2.7L being auto only is a bummer to some, but the 2.3L is still more powerful than the 3.6L in the Wrangler, which is the only engine available with a manual. Then if you add a Ford Performance tune (like the one recently introduced for Ranger), you get WAY more power than the 3.6L Wrangler. So if the 2.7L being auto only is a deal breaker, where are you going to go? An even less powerful Wrangler? I just don't understand...
Why not just offer the manual on both?

Edit: It's offensive to more than "some".

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be going old school. I'm less than just not happy with that aspect.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ok

no stick with the 2.7

no front dig with stick.

WTF. Come on Ford, these are simple!! oh, and swaybar disconnect on only one package or I am reading that wrong.
Sway bar disco is only listed on the Badlands, but the first edition includes badlands mechanicals so maybe on the 1st edition too?

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be going old school. I'm less than just not happy with that aspect.
aren't you non-first year buyer? they might have it with a 2.7 by then

Sponsored

TMWSTW1984

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So the way I'm reading, if you get the manual you lose the tighter turning system that uses the brakes. If so, WTF Ford!! How is it hard to get the system to work with a manual gearbox. IDK maybe put some switches in each gate to see which gear the trans is in to see if its applicable or maybe tie it to an offroad system on-off switch.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i bet first edition is the mall crawler... 60k msrp