Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it is unlikely...but possible. Possible if Granger has a ton of reservations prior to 7/24, and uses up all of their 2021 allocation filling those. I’m a little worried about my 7/17 reservation because it seems like the majority of reservations were made in day 1 and 2 and Stephen’s will not fare well in the second half of the formula. Hard to tell how it will shake out.
If these scenarios happen Ford is going to have major egg on its face in my opinion. Then this isn’t remotely about the customer but the big dealers throwing their weight around with Ford. Ford should just tell them to get to work and earn their reservations. Which makes zero sense to me, since Ford has them sold one way or the other. This basically made their reservation process a sham.
I’m sure it’ll change again. This isn’t over as far as I’m concerned, something is going change again. It seems to every month. Lol
Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the reply.
The memo does state 'allocation for 2021 model year', which suggests buyers not making the cut for their dealer allocation would get bumped to 2022.
I think they'll be built for 2022, I'm just not sure they'll be extra allocation, rather will come from dealers regular allocation as by 2022 sales rates will be established, and the reservation portion of allocation could go away.

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Small Dealer Dealer A gets an allocation equal to 60% of his pre-Sep18 converted orders. 40% of his pre-Sept18 customers will not get a 2021 Bronco.

Big Dealer B gets an allocation equal to 110% of his pre-Sep18 converted orders. All of his pre-Sep18 customers will get theirs, plus lots of his post-Sept18 customers will also get a 2021.
This seems, for the most part, to be inline with had been outlined in many previous posts.

I do wonder, is a dealer really going to be allocated more than their converted orders from the pre sept 18 group? That seems odd to me.

seems to me as long as you are in the first half of the converted orders for any dealer you should not be waiting longer(relatively speaking)

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think so. The small dealer in your scenario would not fare well in all 3 elements of the formula....1) Few reservations converted to orders (50%) 2) Small number Ford SUV sales 3)Small market, so few competitive registrations. That dealer won’t get many allocated vehicles...and despite very few reservations, they are still proportionally going to get even fewer than that compared to a dealer that does well in all 3 areas of the formula.
Your talking in total numbers, but in reservation to fill ratio this won't hold true. As a rule the larger dealer will also have more reservations to fill using up those allocations.

For example if things were as normal with buyers going to the dealer where they reside it would look like:

Dealer A 100 reservation, 60 allocated, 40 allocated through other means (size/jeep)

Dealer B 10 reservation, 6 allocated, 4 allocated through other means (size/jeep)

So in this example same time either way. Now if either dealer was more aggressive and chased more reservations, getting them from outside their area, they'd be more likely to be unfilled, big or little dealer.

So yes, a big dealer will have more allocations, definitely, but they will also definitely have more reservations, its the ratio that matters, not the total (for the buyer).

As to Jeep allocation, I think this one might bode well for the smaller dealers as I see more Jeeps in rural areas (again per capita) where the roads and weather aren't friendly for Mustangs and other toys.

The other issue as to which dealer comes out better is luck, Ford can't allocate less than 1 whole unit, but the numbers will be in partial, so if 2 dealers earned 15.5 Broncos each, one will get 15, one 16, just a matter of luck.

Sponsored

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does the formula imply that if there are 100k units/orders
50k units are given out proportionally to dealers based on order numbers?
Lets say you have 2 dealers?

Each with 50k orders
I am assuming they each are guaranteed 25k allocation
and then the other 50k orders are distributed based on sales and market

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
they'd be more likely to be unfilled,
I am not sure i would be willing to make that assumption.
In fact i think it may be the opposite
The buyers looking to transfer are more likely to purchase, and the big dealer with 300 reservations is more likely to see a steep drop off, when ordering comes around
but again just my opinion

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the formula imply that if there are 100k units/orders
50k units are given out proportionally to dealers based on order numbers?
Lets say you have 2 dealers?

Each with 50k orders
I am assuming they each are guaranteed 25k allocation
and then the other 50k orders are distributed based on sales and market
No, no total numbers have been stated, just what % of production will be allocated.

So in month 1 if Ford can make 100 Broncos, 50 will go based on reservation, 25 on dealer size and 25 on competitive make sales. If its 1000 Broncos that can be built, 500 got based on reservations, 250 dealer size, and 250 competitive make. Each month Ford will allocate based on this formula (normally each month, Bronco could be done quarterly or any time period). Normally the early production will be much lower than as time goes on and line speed increases.

Ultimate6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT8 Challenger, Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
i want to take a moment to thank Ford for this move. This new development thanks dealers for being competitive in converting resevations to sales by giving them increased allocation and makes me want to buy a bronco even more.

Granger, I foresee a lot of broncos in your future :D

Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it is unlikely...but possible. Possible if Granger has a ton of reservations prior to 7/24, and uses up all of their 2021 allocation filling those. I’m a little worried about my 7/17 reservation because it seems like the majority of reservations were made in day 1 and 2 and Stephen’s will not fare well in the second half of the formula. Hard to tell how it will shake out.
I have similar concerns. And really, this sentence says a lot: "Hard to tell how it will shake out." I also agree that a lot, as you said, is possible. Less is perfectly concretely known than some would claim.

We can all disagree on everything as much as we want, and claim we know the facts when others don't. But ultimately, there's a lot of facts none of us knows that adds the "ish" factor as I've mentioned elsewhere. We are reading between the lines on a lot of this because we aren't Ford execs. Dealers are going to claim to know more, whether they are big-city or small-town, because they see memos from corporate. We see a lot of them, too, as they're leaked. Despite what some may think, we're all interpreting a large part of this.

Beebe Senior

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, I just got back from my local dealer where my reservation is. They have 96 reservations, 1 being a FE, and 6 being a sport. They are getting 4 Demo models and as such I will be able to do a test drive before finalizing my order. I did my reservation on July 24th and I was told that mine is a very early reservation out of their 96. They said they said that build and price isn't truly expected until late Ded. early Jan. and as such the moved date to change your reserved dealer. They said that the deposit required at ordering will be $1k-$2k. They did say that Velocity Blue, Cyber Orange and White were all currently late/delayed production colors.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Close. He was going to buy back the bronco from the person who ordered.

ex: employee reserves and orders two Broncos. Buys both of them and then sells one back to the dealer at total cost. Now the dealer has a car to sell at markup. And in this case 100% of orders converted to person who ordered. So no penalty.

dirt ball move in my opinion....but if Ford allows it, guess you can't blame them for it. Scummy.

Beebe Senior

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They would be converted from reservation to an order but when the customer goes to the dealership to pick it up they decline. Don't forget that there won't be many (ANY) to look at beforehand.
I don't think this is totally true. My dealer, a small dealer in MIssissippi, told me today that they have been allocated 4 Demos (this does include a sport) that will be at the dealership for me to test drive before I actually place my order in Dec/Jan.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer allocation is prioritized over reservations, so the Sept18 date does not determine what model year you will receive or when you will receive it. The arbitrary Sept18 date is only to determine one of the variables in the dealer allocation formula, as clearly explained in the leaked Ford memo in post#1.

Example:

Small Dealer Dealer A gets an allocation equal to 60% of his pre-Sep18 converted orders. 40% of his pre-Sept18 customers will not get a 2021 Bronco.

Big Dealer B gets an allocation equal to 110% of his pre-Sep18 converted orders. All of his pre-Sep18 customers will get theirs, plus lots of his post-Sept18 customers will also get a 2021.
Ford better tighten up, or they are going to lose customers. This is unfair to people who reserved early under the assumption (as Ford told us) that we would get our Broncos in order of reservation. I can spend $50 on a different vehicle with a v8, instead. I NEED a new vehicle, so I can't wait around for 2 years for them to get it right.
Sponsored