Sponsored

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It’s based on when you put in your original reservation. Switching dealerships won’t change that.
Allocation? Why do you think it wouldn't change?
The dealership would have more reservations and more conversions to orders and that is what changes the results of the allocation formula
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First time Poster, and this thread is quite funny. Quite a few disagreements on things that a lot of people dont actually know about. Ford has constantly been having meeting with different teams, dealerships, and product groups in regards to the Bronco, its reservations, allocations, and penalties. For the record, your reservation number "in line" does not correspond to what order you will get your Bronco. Allocations for reservations as it stands is based on dealers market share, suv sales, bronco reservations, ect. There will be ZERO allocations to dealers to have on lot vehicles to sell to the general public for 2021 models. They will ALL be reservation orders unless all reservations are met. As for the "after the 18th" deadline and your Bronco being a 2022. You could still wind up with a 2021 if you reserved after the 18th. If people back out(and people have been as it was only a $100 reservation), then your spot moves up. They will not cap 2021 Production at only the reservations made before the 18th. It will be capped at a # of vehicles produced. As it stands that number is decided based on # to be produced vs number of reservations received by a specific date.

Also as it stands, there WILL be penalties for dealers who order Broncos and customers back out. Granger Ford has been talked about in these meetings with Ford. Ford is aware. Changing locations to Granger could in fact set you back in receiving your Bronco, that is an unfortunate fact. Changing to Granger Ford could cost you going to a 2022, even if you reserved prior to the 18th deadline due to allocation adjustments.

Be prepared for constant changes as Ford is constantly in discussion on this in managing both the fairest, and most effective way to bring us a phenomenal product.
You contradict yourself. If Ford is making a set number, which at the moment covers reservations prior to 9/18, how is it Grainger customers need to worry about allocation to Granger and potentially not getting a 2021? You yourself said, it isn’t based on allocation, but reservation and Ford’s ability to produce a set number.

I think you made your post to try to create some doubt in buyers’ minds. Well, I’m not buying the double talk. Good luck fishing, but I don’t think it’s going to go well around here for you.

Last edited:

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I'm holding #10000, I'm not getting mine after someone who holds #50000 just because he ordered with a different dealer.
I think this used to be true, but it now longer is.

If you dealer is allocated 500 rigs but has 501 reservations and yours is #501 then you will be bumped to MY 2022.

If the person with #50,000 is with some other dealer with an allocation of 5,000 rigs and they are in line at 5,000 at that dealer, then they will get a MY 2021 allocation.

You can think of dealerships as either being one of the "cool kids" or not. If they are one of the cool kids then Ford will give them more rigs (higher allocation).

Also, Ford took a simple model:

Your place in Line (barring other issues like commodity availability and general manufacturing scheduling) determines how quickly you get delivery.

and complicated it:

+ Dealer size
+ Market factors
+ Who know what else is added and what changes will occur with backroom "deals"

You can rest assured that whenever someone takes something that should be simple and complicates it, the primary goal is to give someone (the cool kids) an advantage while trying of obfuscate the fact that they're playing favorites.

Now a slimy dealer can claim to be one of the cool kids and can claim that the entire notion of some type of "reservation" is irrelevant. After all, they're one of the cool kids and get to cut in line.

Ford had a huge amount of credibility with this whole reservation process. As they move towards "improving it" by making it more dealer focused I think customers will become more disillusioned with the company and wonder how much Ford really cares about the end customer at all. Right now, it appears that actual paying customers fall behind the cool kid dealers in Ford's eyes....

Last edited:

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

These are the questions we don't have answers to (the more that gets announced, the more questions I have). We also aren't sure EXACTLY how allocation will be calculated, will they use time stamp to determine when during the year your allocation falls, or will they just use you have X number of reservations so you get X% of production each month? My guess is the latter, but we'll see.

I'm hoping when Ford does the estimates of allocation before conversion starts, they'll give us some idea of the long term plan for the orders that won't get built in 2021.

Also the first allocation number will just be an estimate, that could change once conversion is over depending on how many orders convert. If customers move around a lot (and dealers put these new customers in time stamp order), it could all go out the window as earlier reservations could bump ones that we thought would be first. Also if lots of rservations cancel, some dealers that have few cancel will increase their % of reservations and turn into more allocation, just too many variables to be very accurate right now.

The one thing I can confirm is that some will get theirs early and be very happy and some will be bent out of shape because later orders arrive well before theirs, just can't tell you what group anyone is going to be in, including myself.
Thanks for the reply.
The memo does state 'allocation for 2021 model year', which suggests buyers not making the cut for their dealer allocation would get bumped to 2022.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, i know about the Ford phone calls, and yes i work at a Ford dealer. No i dont care about bashing Granger. Im not really concerned about the number of people who are changing reservations to Granger. Power to them and power to the free market. Im simply stating facts that people switching to Granger, due to allocation, could in fact have ordered prior to the 2021 cut off date, but wind up with a 2022. as i stated, its an unfortunate possibility. nice try though haha.
That makes zero sense what you're saying. How would someone who reserved on the very first night, switch to Granger, then get a 22MY?

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could you outline an example scenario how that would happen?
Dealer allocation is prioritized over reservations, so the Sept18 date does not determine what model year you will receive or when you will receive it. The arbitrary Sept18 date is only to determine one of the variables in the dealer allocation formula, as clearly explained in the leaked Ford memo in post#1.

Example:

Small Dealer Dealer A gets an allocation equal to 60% of his pre-Sep18 converted orders. 40% of his pre-Sept18 customers will not get a 2021 Bronco.

Big Dealer B gets an allocation equal to 110% of his pre-Sep18 converted orders. All of his pre-Sep18 customers will get theirs, plus lots of his post-Sept18 customers will also get a 2021.

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have no problem with new folks. I'm not here to defend Granger. You missed my point, as did Corey. But I'm not surprised. You are busy working at Fusz and I guess I should not have expected you to have the time to thoroughly read up on all the valuable discussions folks have have had here for months -- new and old members, dealers and customers. Doing that first might have helped you begin contributing here less controversially and more usefully, rather than by just laughing at people in a thread because they don't agree with you.
We have been reading and following. we are customers ourselves toward the bronco. You got overly defensive right out the get go on initial FACTUAL statements that Ford has provided. Were laughing because of your abrasive approach of shooting down
Dealer allocation is prioritized over reservations, so the Sept18 date does not determine what model year you will receive or when you will receive it. The arbitrary Sept18 date is only to determine one of the variables in the dealer allocation formula, as clearly explained in the leaked Ford memo in post#1.

Example:

Small Dealer Dealer A gets an allocation equal to 60% of his pre-Sep18 converted orders. 40% of his pre-Sept18 customers will not get a 2021 Bronco.

Big Dealer B gets an allocation equal to 110% of his pre-Sep18 converted orders. All of his pre-Sep18 customers will get theirs, plus lots of his post-Sept18 customers will also get a 2021.
This is what I was getting at.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Example:

This should be pushpinned....because a lot of people are missing this part of how it works.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad someone else is saying it.
Reading the dealer memo CAREFULLY, makes it clear. Even the first post by the admins makes a big false assumption. The September 18 cutoff date is for formula purposes only. When you get your order, depends on how that formula comes out for your dealer and what your position is with them.

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This should be pushpinned....because a lot of people are missing this part of how it works.
Except need to drop the big and small dealer part of it. It could fall either way, its more of a high number of reservations dealer vs low (per capita). A small dealer that didn't advertise might have very few reservations and get a Sept order built before a dealer with lots of reservations gets his July reservations done.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Except need to drop the big and small dealer part of it. It could fall either way, its more of a high number of reservations dealer vs low (per capita). A small dealer that didn't advertise might have very few reservations and get a Sept order built before a dealer with lots of reservations gets his July reservations done.
I don’t think so. The small dealer in your scenario would not fare well in all 3 elements of the formula....1) Few reservations converted to orders (50%) 2) Small number Ford SUV sales 3)Small market, so few competitive registrations. That dealer won’t get many allocated vehicles...and despite very few reservations, they are still proportionally going to get even fewer than that compared to a dealer that does well in all 3 areas of the formula.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Example:

This makes more sense related to info we’re privy to at the moment. I still don’t understand how if my 7/24 Grainger reservation could get pushed to 2022, which seems to be possible. I guess we’ll find out.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Model year tooling changes.
Sounds like the only change is going to be the 10th vin digit. I'm quite sure they have an "N" stamp already. Seems to me that Ford has presold enough units to justify 2 years of continuous production right off the launch. Alot could change, but this is a GREAT showing for a new model launch!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This makes more sense related to info we’re privy to at the moment. I still don’t understand how if my 7/24 Grainger reservation could get pushed to 2022, which seems to be possible. I guess we’ll find out.
I think it is unlikely...but possible. Possible if Granger has a ton of reservations prior to 7/24, and uses up all of their 2021 allocation filling those. I’m a little worried about my 7/17 reservation because it seems like the majority of reservations were made in day 1 and 2 and Stephen’s will not fare well in the second half of the formula. Hard to tell how it will shake out.
Sponsored